Movies that are not for sale online

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I tend to buy a number of movies online. Mostly from google Play/Youtube NOT talking about buying DVD or Bluerays movies online.

With that said it is odd that some good or really famous movies are not available to buy for some reason

The Abyss
Operation Petticoat
The Devils Brigade
Green Street (good underrated movie for those that have not seen it)
Bad Education (funny british comedy with Jack Whitehall)
Formula 51 sometimes listed as the 51st state (another great underrated comedy/action movie)

Anybody else look for movies to buy online to watch online and have trouble finding some movies. If so what are some movies you want to buy but cannot find.
Apocalypto was off all streaming services for a long time. Bought it up as soon as Amazon carried it

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Abyss has never been on blu-ray either. Just like True Lies.
However, they are finally being released on 4K UHD in March (as well as Aliens), and will be available on digital on December 12.

1942willys

Reaction score
However, they are finally being released on 4K UHD in March (as well as Aliens), and will be available on digital on December 12.
I saw a boot leg version on DVD some years ago but it was simply one that had been copied from a Laserdisc and was not all that good.
There was a special edition of Abyss on Laserdisc that was in the CAV version which only had 30 minutes to a side. If someone had that they could make a real good copy for DVD as the CAV version of Laserdisc using a computer program transfers as just below HD

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a follow-up to anyone interested, both True Lies and the Abyss are on sale today on iTunes for $9.99 each.

Merry Christmas!

1942willys

Reaction score
As a follow-up to anyone interested, both True Lies and the Abyss are on sale today on iTunes for $9.99 each.

Merry Christmas!
I am very old fashioned; if there is a movie I really like I get a DVD of it. That way I can watch whenever I like and do not need my computer or a connection to do so. Also its fun sometimes to pause;a and then slo mo; or rewind and go slo mo and discover something on it that you never noticed before.
I like doing it on a BIG screen also not a computer monitor

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I am very old fashioned; if there is a movie I really like I get a DVD of it. That way I can watch whenever I like and do not need my computer or a connection to do so. Also its fun sometimes to pause;a and then slo mo; or rewind and go slo mo and discover something on it that you never noticed before.
I like doing it on a BIG screen also not a computer monitor
You can do that with an Apple TV hooked up to your TV, without the need to find the DVD. With that said, you absolutely should own your media. Even when you “buy” it from a service like iTunes, you don’t really own it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow. Weird how The Abyss is not on any service, even as a purchase. That was a big movie for its time.
nWoMBfO.png

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah the Abyss finally became available across multiple services.
Not sure why it was not available prior.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah the Abyss finally became available across multiple services.
Not sure why it was not available prior.
I wonder if it had anything to do with the Titan implosion, or was it an issue before that happened?