Moving back to Texas

boba5555

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little 'stitious
Reaction score
Hi all,

After 2 yrs of living in NY, I have convinced my wife that we need to move back to Texas because of the higher cost of living here and to be closer to family. I am originally from Southeast Texas (aka The Armpit of Texas), but don't want to move back there. We are looking for something around the Dallas area(Mesquite is the area most intriguing so far). I am also looking for jobs in the Dallas area for a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer.

So I have questions for any who live in and around Dallas...

What areas/neighborhoods/communities are good to live in(not expensive, safe, nice)?

Does anyone know which places to stay away from?

Any information on the pros/cons of Mesquite?

I've been searching for jobs and sending resumes but no responses yet
so does anyone happen to know of any place that is looking for a QA employee?

Thanks for any help.

It'll sure be nice to get Cowboy news easily because without this forum I'd be in the dark.

boba5555

Reaction score
DeMarcusWare94;2205096 said:
Why dont you just move to Houston?

It's fun.:D

I used to live about an hour to the east of houston...hated the humidity and working in the refineries...hence the name (armpit of texas---hot, sweaty and smelly)

DeMarcusWare94

Reaction score
boba5555;2205123 said:
I used to live about an hour to the east of houston...hated the humidity and working in the refineries...hence the name (armpit of texas---hot, sweaty and smelly)

Oh I see.

boba5555

Reaction score
**bump** just wanted to try to see if anyone had any info about the mesquite area or any other areas

thanks for the help

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
boba5555;2213616 said:
**bump** just wanted to try to see if anyone had any info about the mesquite area or any other areas

thanks for the help

They closed. Stay home.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
boba5555;2213616 said:

thanks for the help
Sent you a PM.