Music and Sports

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Why do tv executives feel they have to have some song to open up a sports broadcast? When I go to a concert they don't have an intro talking about sports for 3 minutes do they? I don't see Mel Kiper talking about the draft before a band comes on at the local tavern.

Why do we have to have this blonde Carrie Underwood come out and sing about how I've been waiting all week for Sunday night? You know what? I have too lady, but now I have to wait longer for you to finish your silly little song before I can see a football game. What does the two have to do with each other? Enough already. Stop it. That's all.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why do tv executives feel they have to have some song to open up a sports broadcast? When I go to a concert they don't have an intro talking about sports for 3 minutes do they? I don't see Mel Kiper talking about the draft before a band comes on at the local tavern.

Why do we have to have this blonde Carrie Underwood come out and sing about how I've been waiting all week for Sunday night? You know what? I have too lady, but now I have to wait longer for you to finish your silly little song before I can see a football game. What does the two have to do with each other? Enough already. Stop it. That's all.

I think doesn't help that the song is just awful

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

There was a great skit with Chris Farley as Hanks Williams JR recording the MNF theme that was pretty hilarious