Reaction score
Ukraine

Jinjer

5Cajoinnae.jpg

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nightwish is probably my very favorite band right now. I prefer Tarja but Floor is just as good.
I like Floor because she can cover the most range of songs. Tarja has a wonderful voice and better than Floor on some songs but not overall given the years of songs made with Anette as their lead singer.

When they went from Tarja to Anette they wrote new songs that featured Anette's more traditional rock/pop voice, but they had to bring in guest singers for some of the more operatic songs they had.

Floor may not be as operatic as Tarja or as pop as Anette, but her voice provides a nice range over both styles and I definitely enjoy her being the lead singer now.

That said, there are a few songs that both Tarja and Anette will always do better than Floor and probably anyone else.

Hardline

Reaction score
I like Floor because she can cover the most range of songs. Tarja has a wonderful voice and better than Floor on some songs but not overall given the years of songs made with Anette as their lead singer.

When they went from Tarja to Anette they wrote new songs that featured Anette's more traditional rock/pop voice, but they had to bring in guest singers for some of the more operatic songs they had.

Floor may not be as operatic as Tarja or as pop as Anette, but her voice provides a nice range over both styles and I definitely enjoy her being the lead singer now.

That said, there are a few songs that both Tarja and Anette will always do better than anyone Floor and probably anyone else.
Totally agree. Annette was great but unfortunately she had to replace a legend. The Poet and the Pendulum is one of my favorites. Annette totally nails it.

Hardline

Reaction score

That said, there are a few songs that both Tarja and Anette will always do better than anyone Floor and probably anyone else.
And it sucks hard that Marco is no longer in the band. His singing was as great with all singers.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally agree. Annette was great but unfortunately she had to replace a legend. The Poet and the Pendulum is one of my favorites. Annette totally nails it.
That album (Dark Passion Play) was a great match for her voice.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And it sucks hard that Marco is no longer in the band. His singing was as great with all singers.
I had hoped it was temporary but its looking more like it is not unfortunately. His singing in "I Wish I Had an Angel" among many other songs was amazing.

I always hate band changes, but the Annette and Floor changes worked out so I hope this one will as well.

That said, I read this a while back from an interview with Tuomas ..

Question: You said in 2019 that if another bandmember leaves, it’s the end of Nightwish. And now Marko’s gone...

Tuomas: “That’s how I felt back in 2019, and that’s also how I felt when Marko left. I take my words back when it comes to that. But if it would be Floor [Jansen, vocalist] leaving, that’s it, it’s the end of Nightwish. Absolutely, 100%.”

Hardline

Reaction score
Heilung is an experimental folk music band made up of members from Denmark, Norway, and Germany