Music Icon Prince Dead at 57

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
name one instrument mj played.

you can appreciate jackson more - that's fine. but to say he was more talented all around as a musician is an ego-stroke.

I like them both equally.
Not dog in this race.

I'm good with you thinking he was bigger than MJ.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I like them both equally.
Not dog in this race.

I'm good with you thinking he was bigger than MJ.

never said bigger.

"At the end of the day you can call Prince Great and give him all the deserving props... But if you are honest and/or know anything about these two icons.... One was MJ (top shelf)and one was Prince(next shelf down).

If you live a hysterical, delusional life and are mentally affected by these events being so current then you have Prince ahead of MJ. There's no other explanation."

that doesn't sound like you think it's ok if someone disagrees with you, that you like them equally, or that you don't have a "dog in this race".

jnday

Reaction score
I agree with most of this, but........fentanyl? That opiod when used needs to be monitored for breathing, vitals, BP, etc. It is an injected treatment only used for a certain period of time.

It is not like popping a vicodin or two with a simple prescription. In short, fentanyl should only be administered in a clinical setting by a professional to avoid an overdose.

This is not the drug of choice to allow for daily functions.

It depends on how Fentanyl is taken. There are tablets and patches that makes it s very useful medicine that can be took anytime needed. I used the patches after a couple of my back surgeries and they worked great. The medicine is absorbed through the skin. If he was in severe pain over a long period of time, Fentanyl would be a good drug to help him function and try to have a normal life. The drug is no worse than some of the others.

jnday

Reaction score
never said bigger.

"At the end of the day you can call Prince Great and give him all the deserving props... But if you are honest and/or know anything about these two icons.... One was MJ (top shelf)and one was Prince(next shelf down).

If you live a hysterical, delusional life and are mentally affected by these events being so current then you have Prince ahead of MJ. There's no other explanation."

that doesn't sound like you think it's ok if someone disagrees with you, that you like them equally, or that you don't have a "dog in this race".

MJ was bigger, but Prince was so talented at so many different things that it puts him as one of the top talents of our time. MJ stayed in the public's eye and it helped make him even bigger than his actual talent warranted. Prince was responsible for so many careers being launched and he let these young artist use his songs to start their careers. If he was a selfish man and wanted more fame, he could have kept those songs and recorded them himself. One of the most impressive compliments about Prince came from Eric scoop ton. When asked how it felt to be the best guitar player in the world , Eric said that they should ask Prince. That is high praise.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nonsense comes in cycles.

Michael Jackson dies. People bring up Elvis. Prince dies. People bring up Micheal. It's like some people want some sort of after death, winner-takes-all, battle royale clash happen between music icons to decide something completely unnecessary.

"I just can't believe all the things people say.
Controversy."

Truer words... lol.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Nonsense comes in cycles.

Michael Jackson dies. People bring up Elvis. Prince dies. People bring up Micheal. It's like some people want some sort of after death, winner-takes-all, battle royale clash happen between music icons to decide something completely unnecessary.

"I just can't believe all the things people say.
Controversy."

Truer words... lol.

Preach.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
OD claims the life of another great artist. There will never be another like you Purple One. "Don't let the elevator bring you down"... more profound lyrics have never been applicable to an artist, found unconscious in his elevator and never revived. RIP Prince

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OD claims the life of another great artist. There will never be another like you Purple One. "Don't let the elevator bring you down"... more profound lyrics have never been applicable to an artist, found unconscious in his elevator and never revived. RIP Prince

Boy if you were to make a list of musicians that left the planet due to an OD... Mind blowing.