Music Icon Prince Dead at 57

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
LOL!

I remember MTV- "And in 10 minutes is our next playing of Thriller!"

Again, if someone didn't live through that they would have no idea how impactful it ("Thriller") was.

At the end of the day you can call Prince Great and give him all the deserving props... But if you are honest and/or know anything about these two icons.... One was MJ (top shelf)and one was Prince(next shelf down).

If you live a hysterical, delusional life and are mentally affected by these events being so current then you have Prince ahead of MJ. There's no other explanation.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
You see... I'm not taking offense, I like them both A LOT!

MJ was king of pop.
Prince was a Prince. Quite honestly, I saw the SNL special with all Prince performances.... Some of the songs he was really bad "singing".

A King and a Prince... End of story.

Okay, you take you album and enjoy it. I will take my many more albums and enjoy them,

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I don't care who wrote "Thriller"... I don't care who choreographed it... I don't care who played the instruments behind it.

I just know it was a game changer for music and music on TV in general– And it was Michael Jackson. The hype was simply incredible. Unless you lived through it and watched how MTV presented it, you have no idea. There was nothing done by any other artist throughout the 80's and really all during the time when MTV was music-videos that came close.

And even today, everyone knows the "Thriller" dance moves. And it's like what... 33 years later?

Amazing influence.
It's not true anyway that MJ didn't write any music. He wrote a lot. He had a lot written for him too. This is true for some of the people today lauded as "all time greats" like Beyonce and Jay Z

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I am 100% sure this is just a BAITING post, but I will go ahead and bite. What the hell is wrong with you?? If you didn't like Prince, what the hell are you doing in this thread?? Is it just to show yourself out like this?? Show what kind of human you really are?? Because you are not gaining any points or likes by doing this. Just saying. For a man of your age, one would think that you would know better than to play these kinds of candy *** "look at me" games. But I guess for some people, you just never reach the level of class, respect, or maturity.

And just to be clear here, you have not only disrespected Prince and his legacy, but you have also disrespected Will Smith and his.

Will Smith has a legacy?

Passepartout

Reaction score
I have been playing his music as a kid growing up in the 1980's. Anybody else feel the same way I do. Despite not being a fan of his but just his music.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day you can call Prince Great and give him all the deserving props... But if you are honest and/or know anything about these two icons.... One was MJ (top shelf)and one was Prince(next shelf down).

If you live a hysterical, delusional life and are mentally affected by these events being so current then you have Prince ahead of MJ. There's no other explanation.

Stop. Just stop. You turned a thread honoring a music legend and trolled it into "This guy was better". Get over yourself. I like your posts on the Cowboys, but you have been disgusting here. The way you are going I can see you posting in threads when Roger Staubach passes away that Troy Aikman was better. Seriously, that's what you look like. Just let it be, and let us Prince fans remember. You ruined this thread.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Read today he died without a will, I could see this taking years to figure out. His estate is probably comparable to that of Elvis or Jackson.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Stop. Just stop. You turned a thread honoring a music legend and trolled it into "This guy was better". Get over yourself. I like your posts on the Cowboys, but you have been disgusting here. The way you are going I can see you posting in threads when Roger Staubach passes away that Troy Aikman was better. Seriously, that's what you look like. Just let it be, and let us Prince fans remember. You ruined this thread.

Ok. I'll stop.

But I'm a prince fan too!

jnday

Reaction score

MJ is not ahead of Prince. He can't fompare to Prince as a musician, song writer and as a singer. Man had a few hits , but a Prince had a lot himself. Prince also helped many young singers by writing hit songs for them. Prince was a serious musician and one of the best guitarist of outlet time. He was a much more accomplished serious entertainer. MJ could dance and he had really cheesy pop songs. Thriller and the stupid video for the song comes to mind. There is nothing like dancing werewolves.

jnday

Reaction score
You'll need an Opiate with this thread.

I know you are saying it as a joke, but the media needs to let the man rest in peace. Yes, he had severe pain issues that required opiates to help him function. There is no proof at this time to say he a abused them. Unless there is some information that I am not aware of, he was not doing illegal drugs. Opioids can kill , but what other options does a person have when they have severe daily pain? As of now, nobody knows his exact cause of death or the true circumstances behind it. When people hear opoids, they jump to conclusions that are unfounded. Until the entire set of facts are released, I will withhold judgement.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know you are saying it as a joke, but the media needs to let the man rest in peace. Yes, he had severe pain issues that required opiates to help him function. There is no proof at this time to say he a abused them. Unless there is some information that I am not aware of, he was not doing illegal drugs. Opioids can kill , but what other options does a person have when they have severe daily pain? As of now, nobody knows his exact cause of death or the true circumstances behind it. When people hear opoids, they jump to conclusions that are unfounded. Until the entire set of facts are released, I will withhold judgement.

I agree with most of this, but........fentanyl? That opiod when used needs to be monitored for breathing, vitals, BP, etc. It is an injected treatment only used for a certain period of time.

It is not like popping a vicodin or two with a simple prescription. In short, fentanyl should only be administered in a clinical setting by a professional to avoid an overdose.

This is not the drug of choice to allow for daily functions.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
MJ is not ahead of Prince. He can't fompare to Prince as a musician, song writer and as a singer. Man had a few hits , but a Prince had a lot himself. Prince also helped many young singers by writing hit songs for them. Prince was a serious musician and one of the best guitarist of outlet time. He was a much more accomplished serious entertainer. MJ could dance and he had really cheesy pop songs. Thriller and the stupid video for the song comes to mind. There is nothing like dancing werewolves.

Sorry for your mistake.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

name one instrument mj played.

you can appreciate jackson more - that's fine. but to say he was more talented all around as a musician is an ego-stroke.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

people have a morbid fascination at times and can only do well by thinking those who succeed somehow yet failed. sucks.