Music Subscription Services/Speakers

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have Apple Music and Sirius/XM but am wondering if I am missing out on Spotify or Amazon? Sirius is different from the others so I am not looking to get rid of that.

Have any of you had either Apple, Spotify or Amazon Music and what are the salient points of one over the other?

As far as speakers are concerned, I opted for the HomePod and while it is an OK speaker, better than anything Amazon has to offer, it does have that partially deaf girl with a speech impediment, Siri, behind it so that's not good. But I am now considering switching to Sonos but I trust you folks more than a bunch of strangers on their site, any of you have them?

I gotta say, after my experience with HomePod and wireless and expensive EarPods that went from a little less than 3 hours to a little less than 1 hour, I am rethinking anything from that company.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I have Apple Music and Sirius/XM but am wondering if I am missing out on Spotify or Amazon? Sirius is different from the others so I am not looking to get rid of that.

Have any of you had either Apple, Spotify or Amazon Music and what are the salient points of one over the other?

As far as speakers are concerned, I opted for the HomePod and while it is an OK speaker, better than anything Amazon has to offer, it does have that partially deaf girl with a speech impediment, Siri, behind it so that's not good. But I am now considering switching to Sonos but I trust you folks more than a bunch of strangers on their site, any of you have them?

I gotta say, after my experience with HomePod and wireless and expensive EarPods that went from a little less than 3 hours to a little less than 1 hour, I am rethinking anything from that company.
I like the paid spotify since I still like to listen to whole albums and it allows you to download your playlist for offline listening. Not bad for less than 10 bucks.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I like the paid spotify since I still like to listen to whole albums and it allows you to download your playlist for offline listening. Not bad for less than 10 bucks.

hmm. Maybe I need to switch.

Does it have stations like Pandora?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have Sirius/XM and I use a Bluetooth speaker in both my bathroom and my workshop. I got them on eBay for about $27 and they sound fine. Not as good as the more expensive ones, but fine for my purposes. I use the Sirius/XM app through the radio in my work truck via Bluetooth, which sounds great.

As for other music services, the only ones I've tried are Pandora and Amazon, both of which have a very limited library for my taste. With Pandora I'd hear the same song three times a day, and in the Classic Rock genre station, they'd play Zeppelin probably once every 6 or 7 songs. I love me some Zeppelin, but that was annoying.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Youtube

Viddly youtube downloader, it is free, it downloads and converts mp4 videos into mp3 songs

25dollar agptek 8gb mp3 player, with a 15 dollar 128gb sd card

a possible 136gb of whatever music or podcast I want for 40 dollars, with other browser converters for any non youtube pocasts i want

I have a cheap set of computer speakers I can plug into it and move to any room when I am not using headphones

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Youtube

Viddly youtube downloader, it is free, it downloads and converts mp4 videos into mp3 songs

25dollar agptek 8gb mp3 player, with a 15 dollar 128gb sd card

a possible 136gb of whatever music or podcast I want for 40 dollars, with other browser converters for any non youtube pocasts i want

I have a cheap set of computer speakers I can plug into it and move to any room when I am not using headphones

I get Youtube Premium because I cut the cord. Watch a LOT of youtube and it is worth it to not deal with the ads.

With that said I also download music from them as it is part of the service and I can get whole album at a time. I have not used the program you mentioned, I am going to check it out, but I do use a program that seems about the same.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I get Youtube Premium because I cut the cord. Watch a LOT of youtube and it is worth it to not deal with the ads.

With that said I also download music from them as it is part of the service and I can get whole album at a time. I have not used the program you mentioned, I am going to check it out, but I do use a program that seems about the same.

I can only download 4 a time with it I believe. They have a fee you can pay to allow you to download more at a time, and if there is a 200 video playlist/album you only have to que up the first one, and it will do all of them. It used to be all free, but now they have the fee and maybe 1 or 2 updates a year

I don't mind only doing a few at a time for free. All you do is copy the address in youtube, then bring up the viddly program window, it automatically copies the address and ques it up, and then click download mp3 or mp4 video. After it downloads the video it automatically converts it into mp3, and puts it in whatever file on your computer you assign it.

Then I create whatever files or Playlist on my computer file for my mp3 player when it is plugged into the computer and how i want it to look on the mp3 screen, copy the music from my viddly folder and paste in the mp3 player files. Same deal for any music player on a computer

No ads that way

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can only download 4 a time with it I believe. They have a fee you can pay to allow you to download more at a time, and if there is a 200 video playlist/album you only have to que up the first one, and it will do all of them. It used to be all free, but now they have the fee and maybe 1 or 2 updates a year

I don't mind only doing a few at a time for free. All you do is copy the address in youtube, then bring up the viddly program window, it automatically copies the address and ques it up, and then click download mp3 or mp4 video. After it downloads the video it automatically converts it into mp3, and puts it in whatever file on your computer you assign it.

Then I create whatever files or Playlist on my computer file for my mp3 player when it is plugged into the computer and how i want it to look on the mp3 screen, copy the music from my viddly folder and paste in the mp3 player files. Same deal for any music player on a computer

No ads that way

Current one I use has limits as well but it is usually at 10 at a time.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

I should have read closer. I missed that you already had one, and know how they work. I wouldnt have typed that out

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I have Amazon, and Spotify. I like them both. Can always find what I'm looking for on both. I see no significant advantage one has over the other. Was a longtime Sirius subscriber but those damn DJ's finally pushed me over the edge and I cut that cord about a year ago.

For portability I have a Bose bluetooth speaker which impresses the hell out of me. I usually listen through my old school receiver/speakers with a bluetooth adapter.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You can probably also listen to Sirius through your TV sound bar, using Bluetooth.

rags747

Reaction score
The beauty of Sonos is that it is all wireless, no having to run wires everywhere. In my great room I have Sonos playbar, play 5’s, sub and rear in the ceiling architecture speakers. In the lanai I have playbar, play 5’s and sub. You can play your Sirius, playlists from your iPhone, Sonos music etc. It’s not cheap but it does make it very easy to hook it all up without running wires through walls or floors etc.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I subscribe to Spotify…10/month and never need to buy cds/albums again, pretty much every song you could think of available…no commercials and I decide what I want to hear…not some mouth breeding DJ that talks too much and plays too many commercials…:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Youtube Music is an excellent service. Ive never used Apple Music so I can't tell if it would be redundant however. You do get downloads and channels with Youtube Music

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I use Google home and YT music. I have no complaints.
Used Google Music for years and was angry when I found out it was getting phased into YT music. Was a completely seemless translation though. Everything, even search histories, transfered over. I like the interface better too.

I thought I was gonna be an old man shaking my fist at clouds over it lol

rags

Reaction score
I just use Pandora. That's the only one I need.

Even my surgeon uses Pandora in his waiting room.