Music That Makes a Difference

T-RO

Reaction score
There are many songs that make you really think. That test your soul. You agree, you don't agree, but you think...maybe become better.

Can't start chronologically or by any order. I'll start here, with Dylan.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Some of us bottle emotions, and grief, especially with loved ones lost (I sure do!). This song might help.

Don't start listening to this unless/until you have a place and a plan to let it loose. You might shed a tear. You might bawl like a baby. Here a man sings of his mother's death, with all manner of unresolved issues. The song's lyrics are a dialog with his mother, who abandoned him at a video store when he was around 7 or 8, with little contact after that. He came to be with her at the end of her life.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
This song belongs to be paired with the last. Same artist, same loss.

This is a grieving song. Don't listen if you don't want or need to go there.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Never did any Primal Psycho-Therapy as this song proposes. Don't imagine I ever will--I'll just rant at fellow posters on football forums. ;)

This song was an attempt to get people to engage in one category of therapy. Don't know if it made a difference. The artists were sure trying.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm no believer, and a big time sinner. I do wonder about stuff.

This song has all the music stripped out, so it's just vocals.

T-RO

Reaction score
Some guy with a $600 guitar and a mic. No studio. No marketing campaigns. Sometimes a true soul with a message busts through.

31 million views in 13 days.

I'm embarrassed to say that for the first half of my life I looked down on country music. Oh and I was sooo more important and thoughtful, in my little mind, than country folk. What a füül I was.

Last edited:

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some guy with a $600 guitar and a mic. No studio. No marketing campaigns. Sometimes a true soul with a message busts through.

I'm embarrassed to say that for the first half of my life I looked down on country music. Oh and I was sooo more important and thoughtful, in my little mind, than country folk. What a füül I was.

Crazy how fast this grew. Reminder that music can hit home with everyone if the message is real

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Crazy how fast this grew. Reminder that music can hit home with everyone if the message is real
Timing is everything. I've heard essentially that same song appear from time to time for decades. Same general message, same chord progression. He put his version up at a time when the world was ready to hear it.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
La Marseillaise blows me away. When France was being invaded by Austria, they commissioned an amateur musician named Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle to write a song to motivate the troops, and, man, did he ever come through for them. With this song motivating them, they defeated the invaders, and it eventually became France's national anthem. The song really kicks butt. It makes me feel patriotic for France, and I'm not even French. They've got an incredibly good anthem.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

This guy's incredible. Thanks for sharing this.

RS12

Reaction score
Interesting that on the first page we have songs from what are widely considered two of the greatest lyricists all time. Dylan and Lennon.

John813

Reaction score

Maybe not the exact intent of the thread as this has no vocals, but man everytime I hear the song it just conveys so much emotion through the violins.