Must Cut 90, 21, 9, & 30 at the beginning of next league year

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
#13 stays. Due to the injury and lack of #1 ability he'll end up getting a Juju Smith Schuster contract, not a Golladay one. Though probably more years than the 1 year JJSS got in Pittsburgh.

#55.... we'll see. Right now I'm leaning towards let walk but if he plays limited snaps and he's cheap and he performed fairly well for us, we might get to keep him on a budget.

#52... needs to stay healthy and step up especially with the other OL injuries. Wait and see. All about performance.

Hooker, Kazee, Neal, etc... it all depends on performance. If one or more stand out that you have to keep them, we'd have the space to keep them and more.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
#13 stays. Due to the injury and lack of #1 ability he'll end up getting a Juju Smith Schuster contract, not a Golladay one. Though probably more years than the 1 year JJSS got in Pittsburgh.

#55.... we'll see. Right now I'm leaning towards let walk but if he plays limited snaps and he's cheap and he performed fairly well for us, we might get to keep him on a budget.

#52... needs to stay healthy and step up especially with the other OL injuries. Wait and see. All about performance.

Hooker, Kazee, Neal, etc... it all depends on performance. If one or more stand out that you have to keep them, we'd have the space to keep them and more.
Buy the team and go for it. Otherwise aint happening

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
What's the salary cap math on cutting them all then?
1637350593-jerry-jones-laugh.jpg

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
None of those guys will be cut in the offseason:

- D-Law has huge dead cap, can’t realistically be cut until 2023

- Zeke same as D-Law

- Jaylon has a more manageable dead cap if he’s cut after this season but it’s still a big number. Considering LVE is all but gone, the team will likely keep Jaylon for “cohesion”.

- Brown will be going into the final year of a three year deal. Unless we sign several CB’s in FA, he’s staying through the end of his deal.

More likely candidates to be cut are Collins and Jarwin. Need to trim the offensive payroll.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
None of those guys will be cut in the offseason:

- D-Law has huge dead cap, can’t realistically be cut until 2023

- Zeke same as D-Law

- Jaylon has a more manageable dead cap if he’s cut after this season but it’s still a big number. Considering LVE is all but gone, the team will likely keep Jaylon for “cohesion”.

- Brown will be going into the final year of a three year deal. Unless we sign several CB’s in FA, he’s staying through the end of his deal.

More likely candidates to be cut are Collins and Jarwin. Need to trim the offensive payroll.
What if they become post-June 1st cuts? Won't their cap hits be much less?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

If the above title numbers players can become affordable post-June 1st cuts, I'm all for it. The only player I am hesitant about cutting is Zeke, but I would hope the Cowboys ask him to agree to a salary cut if he wants to stay. A lot depends on how he performs this year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Zeke I wouldn't cut, I'd trade him to someone for cap relief.

Problem with trading Zeke is he’s still a talent, but would you find to pay him that contract? Would you be willing to send top draft picks with him? At that point I’d just keep him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Not really. And I'm not saying we can't live without them but why? What do we gain by releasing them? Will they use the cap space to aquire more talented players? To that I say no. Yes they are overpaid but cutting them doesn't make us better. Jaylon can play, not at an elite level or live upto his contract but he is a nice depth player and has his uses.

What I wouldn't do is pay 13 a max contract at a position we are really strong at and have shown we can get talent in the draft. Team friendly extension, sure but no where near the Cooper deal.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Elliott 2022 salary was guaranteed months ago.

He isnt going anywhere except via trade.

I have no idea who would trade an asset for a 15 million dollar running back in today's NFL when teams throw 50-60 times in close games.