My $.02 on the draft

rickster14

Reaction score
I wish we had a clue as to what BP & JJ were thinking. These are my guesses as to how they might act:

1) with all the $$ going to TO and TG at WR, I would seriously doubt we use a day 1 pick at WR. I could see going after a PR/KR type such as Skyler Green LSU early on day 2.

2) All of the sudden D. Whitner (FS Ohio St) has shown up as our #1 pick on many mocks. He's good, but I don't see us taking him unless it's after a trade down. We need a FS, but we can find one later.

3) BP understands that games are won at the line. We patched some holes on the OL, bur still need help. Our front 7 needs another OLB and a big NT. I could see LB and OL taken in the first 2 rounds. I would prefer Carpenter over the other LBs b/c he has played LB. Greenway, if he slips, could work for we also. Both of these guys can rush the passer and have experience in coverage. Lawson and all the other college DEs would have to be taught. IMO, Ware will be used to blitz more than the other OLB, so it would be a good idea to have someone there who is capable of covering a RB or TE.

My guess (subject to change);
1. (trade down for an extra 3) Carpenter LB Ohio St.
2. Joseph G OK (would love for McNeil OT AU to fall to us here)
3a. Harper S AL
3b. Whitehurst QB Clemson
5. Green WR LSU
6. BPA (NT, OL, or TE)
7. BPA

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Haley94 said:
What about NT? We lost Glover and Fergy is 32.

Glover was a good player, but by no means a "loss". He was not a good fit in the 3-4 at all; his leadership will be missed but not his play.

rickster14

Reaction score
I think a NT could be drafted late. My AU bias suggests T. Jackson. A big run stuffer should be available in the final 2 rounds.