My 1st ever Roster Predictions

CowboyChris

Reaction score
This is how i would carve up our roster, I'm not going to guess what the team does, this is based on my knowledge and watching the team this preseason. as you will see i currently have 49 players on the team, that was done purposely as there will be a ton of players to choose from, I wouldnt mind some older vets signed to one year deals, plus we will have a few players returning after suspensions and injuries as well.

Quarterbacks (2)

Dak Prescott, TBA
COMMENTS Romo goes to IR, the one that allows him to return at a later time, and a vet QB needs to be signed. I would prefer Austin Davis, as for Showers and Johnson adios

Running backs (3)
Ezekiel Elliott, Alfred Morris, Darius Jackson
COMMENTS McFadden stays on NFI or gets traded. I see no use for Dunbar, backup RB's are a dime a dozen i dont see the need or waste of a roster spot in keeping 4.

Fullback (1)
Rod Smith
COMMENTS Makes the 53 for now

Tight ends (3)
Jason Witten, Gavin Escobar, Geoff Swaim,
COMMENTS Traylor and Gaither invited back to PS.

Receivers (5)
Dez Bryant, Terrence Williams, Cole Beasley, Brice Butler, Lucky Whitehead
COMMENTS Andy Jones and Rodney Smith back to the PS

Offensive line (8)
Tyron Smith, La'el Collins, Travis Frederick, Zach Martin, Doug Free, Ronald Leary, Chaz Green, Joe Looney
COMMENTS I like Witzman as a possible PS player

DEFENSE

Defensive end (5)
(DeMarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory) Benson Mayowa, David Irving, Jack Crawford, Charles Tapper, Ryan Russell
COMMENTS I'm intrigued with Okoye, and as for Russell, if a better DE comes available then he goes and the new DE takes his spot.

Defensive tackles (4)
Tyrone Crawford, Terrell McClain, Cedric Thornton, Maliek Collins
COMMENTS I like Coe for the PS, the rest meh

Linebackers (6)
Sean Lee, Justin Durant, Anthony Hitchens, Damien Wilson, Andrew Gachkar, Mark Nzeocha
COMMENTS I would really like to keep King on the 53, he is on the bubble depending on Gachkar. also like Akune for the PS

Cornerbacks (5)
Orlando Scandrick, Morris Claiborne, Brandon Carr, Anthony Brown, Deji Olatoye
COMMENTS I havent seen enough of Swanson to put him on the 53, i wouldnt be suprised if he makes it and Olatoye doesnt, but for now Olatoye is on.
Safeties (4)
Barry Church, Byron Jones, Jeff Heath, Kavon Frazier
COMMENTS Wilcox is gone, as for the rest noone stepped up and impressed me, Frazier stays for now unless a better option becomes available.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker (1)
Dan Bailey

Punter (1)
Chris Jones

Long snapper (1)
L.P. Ladouceur

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree with this and can see it happening this way. I think you are right that some players will be picked up after cuts