My 1st Mock for 2010

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
IMO 6 picks isn't enough. I would prefer to have 8 picks. This way we can take 4 on offense and 4 on defense.

• we trade our 1st for a 2nd and 3rd​
  • we trade down in one of the early rounds and add a 5th​
2 - OG Mike Iupati Idaho
This guy is a flat out beast. He plays with power and even finesse. He mauls the opponent and has nice drive. He does a very good job of keeping his QB clean.

2 - WR Jordan Shipley Texas
This is my homer pick. However, it is a worthy choice. Shipley has a football mind, a football heart, and some sweet moves. He catches pretty much everything you throw his way. He does a great job accumulating YAC. He is one heckuva KR.

3 - OT Jason Fox The U
I have watched the U several times this year. This kid can play. He had a hiccup against VaTech, but the whole team did. He kept FSU and OU defenders off his QB. He does a nice job with run blocking as well. I am afraid, if that OL keeps playing this good, Fox might end up going now lower than the top of the 2nd.

3 - ILB Daryl Washington TCU
He is a little undersized, but the kid is a playmaker. He is always around the football, creates, turnovers, gets sacks. He is perfect for Phillips system at ILB.

4 - FS Myron Lewis Vanderbilt
I don't know a whole lot about him. However, he does seem to be a solid S. He does a nice job of creating turnovers and tackling. Now as far as coverage goes, I am not sure. Still, can he be any worse than Ken Hamlin?

5 - CB Kyle Wilson Boise St
small, but fast. Did I mention he is fast. He plays aggressive. He covers well. He is fast.

6 - C Eric Cook New Mexico
We need a backup center. Cook is a solid choice. He possesses the size we like with our OL. He has to be better than Proctor. Then again, an empty roster spot has to be better than Proctor.

7 - DT Lamarr Houston Texas
I can't believe he is still around in the 7th. This guy plays like Ratliff. He is a little undersized, but he uses power, speed, and an intense motor to disrupt the line of scrimmage and make plays. He would make a fine backup for Rat.

I based this draft on the ranking from NFLDraftScout.com. Kyle Wilson is the only one I really have out of place. According to the site he is a 2/3 round pick....but I have him in the 5th cause of his size and Boise St. doesn't seem to get a lot of respect.

ghst187

Reaction score
I would strongly suggest trading romo and wade for a nickel and drafting bradford or mccoy. We really blew it by A) getting rid of the only playmaker that defenses feared, i.e. TO B) not drafting a guy like Mike Wallace or someone with some crazy speed at WR that would scare a D.
Felix, unfortunately, seems like a 50/50 guy, meaning that he will play in about half our games, ditto Romo for different reasons.
I do like the Shipley pick, he's a really good player and I think he'll have success in the NFL, of course he'll be 35 by the time he gets there, is he coming back for a seventh year at UT, does anyone know?

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
2 - OG Mike Iupati Idaho
This guy is a flat out beast. He plays with power and even finesse. He mauls the opponent and has nice drive. He does a very good job of keeping his QB clean

I saw the first of his game saturday night I agree with this

Benny Blue Boy

Reaction score
ghst187;2991109 said:
I would strongly suggest trading romo and wade for a nickel and drafting bradford or mccoy. We really blew it by A) getting rid of the only playmaker that defenses feared, i.e. TO B) not drafting a guy like Mike Wallace or someone with some crazy speed at WR that would scare a D.
Felix, unfortunately, seems like a 50/50 guy, meaning that he will play in about half our games, ditto Romo for different reasons.
I do like the Shipley pick, he's a really good player and I think he'll have success in the NFL, of course he'll be 35 by the time he gets there, is he coming back for a seventh year at UT, does anyone know?

LOL, yeah I was gonna say isn't Shipley like 32? I think he could end up being a Wes Welker clone...I think if he can get there, that's definitely worth a 2nd rounder.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I can compromise on the Shipley pick. As long as we get a fast WR, someone who can be a true downfield threat and open up the intermediate routes for Witten, Bennett, and Williams.

Benny Blue Boy

Reaction score
I hate to beat this into the ground...but I really like Gilyard as our guy. What round is he in these days?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Benny Blue Boy;2991606 said:
I hate to beat this into the ground...but I really like Gilyard as our guy. What round is he in these days?

I'm with you. He's a Desean Jackson. They are saying late 1st. Early 2nd.

He's a burner.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
you need more Dlinemen

I'm tired of Ratliff breaking through the line while the rest are getting stoned

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The problem is, all the college DEs are undersized and make better OLBs in the pros than DEs....unless you are running a 4-3.

One guy to keep an eye on is DE Jerry Hughes of TCU. They guy is a sack machine. He was a running back in HS, moved to defense in college, and has been abusing QBs since. He has over 20 sacks in his TCU career.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This draft will have some of the most 1st round talent in years. I would be shocked if we trade out of the 1st.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2992109 said:
The problem is, all the college DEs are undersized and make better OLBs in the pros than DEs....unless you are running a 4-3.

One guy to keep an eye on is DE Jerry Hughes of TCU. They guy is a sack machine. He was a running back in HS, moved to defense in college, and has been abusing QBs since. He has over 20 sacks in his TCU career.

that's why you look for 1-gap, penetrating DTs