My 1st Mock of the Year

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
I really haven't been paying too much attention to potential draft picks yet, as we get closer to the combine, I'll get a better picture of the value of some players. So I might be off with the round prediction, but hey I'm stuck in the house again tonite, and really have nothing better to do. So here goes my best shot:

1) Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho (6'5, 325) I really like this big guy, and I know he is moving up some people's board. IMO he comes right in and takes Kosier spot on the line, adds some toughness and strength to that left side. If he's not there at #27, hopefully a top OT like Bulaga drops to us. Not a big fan of Campbell or Odrick, who I've seen some people mock to us.

2) Dexter McCluster, WR, Ole Miss (5'8, 165) I just keep having visions of this kid returning punts and kicks for us, and linng him up everywhere on the field. He's Jerry Jones' sizzle pick. I wouldn't mind Gilyard here either, but McCluster is just so dynamic, he gives us a "Felix Jones" option on the outside.

3) Jason Fox, OT, The U (6'6, 315) He has all the talent to be a 2nd round pick, but I think the injury will make his stock drop. He's been a consistent performer for the U, starting something like 47 games thru out his career. He another O-lineman that would add some nastiness to our line.

4) Kam Chancellor, FS, VA Tech (6'3, 230) He is what Taylor Mays should be. He might be a tad slower, but he covers much better than Mays, is instinctive, is a good tackler and will lay the wood on u. I'm not a fan of Hamlin, I think he needs to be replaced.

6) Vince Oghobaase, DT, UNC (6'5, 305) We are going to need some depth along the DE position, and I think he could be a steal at this point in the draft. Coming off an inconsistent senior year, that saw him fight injuries, he went from being a 1st day pick to sliding down to the 5th or 6th round. Has all the physical tools to develop into a nice pass rushing / run stopping 3-4 DE

7) Leigh Tiffin, K, Alabama (6'1, 212) We need to get the best kicker in this draft. To me Tiffin is the guy, strong accurate leg. Reminds me of Folk before he went all Zendajas on us last year.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I dont think you need a 2nd one, although Id enjoy it

Perfect assessment of our needs and player value.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like it

Oghobaase is ranked that low because his consistency and motor have been called into question, but he was very good as a Junior, and was really solid his whole time at Duke excepting 2009

could potentially prove to be a steal

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3274289 said:
I like it

Oghobaase is ranked that low because his consistency and motor have been called into question, but he was very good as a Junior, and was really solid his whole time at Duke excepting 2009

could potentially prove to be a steal

He lost a ton of weight, I like the work ethic. As for production, who knows. Its Duke football.

Ironically Id rather he bulk up and back up Rat.

reddyuta

Reaction score
if Tiffin is the best kicker in the draft then he will not be there in the 7th rd.we should not draft a kicker this year.

Bigdog

Reaction score
reddyuta;3274349 said:
if Tiffin is the best kicker in the draft then he will not be there in the 7th rd.we should not draft a kicker this year.

Agree. I like this draft alot but Fox might not get to our pick in the 3rd. The only change I would do is change Chancellor for the CB fom Indiana-PA school (Asumaog-sp?)

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I like the mock draft overall, but I think the kickers garner more attention this year.

I like the thoughts and work you put into it plus hitting most of our needs, and looking at guys you think can come in and be a starter.