My 1st Mock

tm1119

Reaction score
1st Round- Prince Amukamara CB NEB- Behind Peterson hes 1 of the better CB prospects to come out in a while, and we have a clear need for a CB with Newman getting up there in age and Jenkins being inconsistent.
-OPTION B- Trade down. There are only 5 guys that I would take in the top 9. Fairley, Dareus, Miller, Peterson and Prince. I see Prince as the most likely option to be there at 9, but if all 5 go before us have to look to trade down to acquire more picks to address needs.

2nd Round- Benjamin Ijalana OT/OG Villanova- Good size at 6'4 320, and tons of experience starting 53 games in college. 2 time D2 All American. Played his whole career at OT, but would make a good OG in the NFL with his size and skill.

3rd Round-Joseph Barksdale OT LSU- Good size at 6'5 315 and an exceptional athlete for the size. Pretty underrated in my opinion. He has everything you would look for in an OT prospect. His intelligence has been an issue, but hes more than worth the risk in the 3rd, could possibly start at RT from day 1 if he responds to our coaching well.

4th Round- Mario Harvey ILB Marshall- 6' 257 and ran a 4.43 with 27 reps of 225. Im not crazy about drafting players based on workout #'s alone, but its safer to do in the mid rounds and ILB is very underrated need for us in my opinion.

5th Round- Dion Lewis RB Pitt- Doesnt have outstanding measurables at only 5'7 192, and his 4.49 40 is average to slightly above average. Was a bit disappointing last year but his 1800 yards and 17 TD's as a Freshman would make me jump on him without a doubt. Also left school as an eligible sophomore which means he still has room to grow.

The last 2 rounds would be used to draft the best available big bodies for the D line.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
not bad but i would not draft Lewis in any round and would be tempted to take the best DL in the first or trade down (swap firsts) and get maybe a 3rd to shore up the OL

tm1119

Reaction score
Why no to Lewis in any round? I really dont see a chance that Barber is back and we would need another back to throw in the mix. Hes got a ton of talent and produced at the college level. He wouldnt be a #1 or #2 option, but hed be a good guy to give 5 or so carriers a game to see if he develops