4 Ed Alexander, 6-3 #330 DTLSU

5 Kendall Blanton, 6-6 #260 TE, Missouri

6 Jackson Barton, 6-7 #319 OT, Utah

7 Khalil Hodge, 6-1 #240 ILB/OLB, Buffalo

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Feels high for Hooker.

I like him and Iowa players have been having some NFL success lately, but I think he's limited athletically.

Not really a fan of anyone else except maybe Hodge in the 7th. Jackson looks like a poor man's Taco Charlton. Ed Alexander has the size I want in a 1Tech but has never really stood out when I watched games or when I went to some LSU practices. Blanton looks the part and has great size, but he's just a body. You'd think "blocking tight end" or possibly even someone who can convert to OT when you see him, but he doesn't block well. The other Missouri TE, Albert Okwuegbunam , who stayed in school, is the real deal though. Barton has good size and would be a decent gamble in the 6th. As of now, we don't have a 6th round pick though.

bodi

Reaction score
Feels high for Hooker.

I like him and Iowa players have been having some NFL success lately, but I think he's limited athletically.

Not really a fan of anyone else except maybe Hodge in the 7th. Jackson looks like a poor man's Taco Charlton. Ed Alexander has the size I want in a 1Tech but has never really stood out when I watched games or when I went to some LSU practices. Blanton looks the part and has great size, but he's just a body. You'd think "blocking tight end" or possibly even someone who can convert to OT when you see him, but he doesn't block well. The other Missouri TE, Albert Okwuegbunam , who stayed in school, is the real deal though. Barton has good size and would be a decent gamble in the 6th. As of now, we don't have a 6th round pick though.

this from walter

pick 63 Bill Belichick loves versatility from his defensive players, and that's what he's getting with Amani Hooker, who can play safety, linebacker and cornerback

According to to team sources, some at Missouri like Blanton more than Albert Okwuegbunam. Blanton goes under the radar because Okwuegbunam is such a dynamic receiver, but Blanton is said to be a good receiver in his own right. He is a well-rounded player and a solid blocker. In 2017

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
from NFLDraftNetwork..,

Hooker - Lacks high end initial burst, Doesn’t show a lot of pronounced flip in his hips to carry route stems, but he’s always in control and foot speed helps allow him to hit landmarks with ease. Doesn’t fly open when transitioning like you see from more dynamic athletes at the position.

Amani Hooker projects favorably as a modern age Strong Safety. While Hooker lacks the initial burst and range to play in single high, he’s strong in Cover-2 and in shallow zones thanks to terrific football IQ

Blanton - Doesn’t drop the pad quickly and shows very little deceptive footwork to throw off defenders in man coverage. Slow out of his breaks, patterns are often rounded off. Doesn’t seem to possess a great feel as a receiver for where routes should break... unneeded jumps when he catches the ball at times suggests a lack of confidence in his hands and has dropped a few despite minimal targets... but doesn’t have the easy access burst to allow him to separate at the top of the route. Slow push off the line of scrimmage into his routes...Poor technique as an in-line blocker. Lunges into contact and drops his eyes. Winds up his punch which allows opponent to get hands on first and gain early control. Lacks the strength to really handle defensive ends even on simple seal blocks...Not elusive or explosive post-catch...doesn’t appear to be a standout athlete or particularly fast from his tape...

If you were going to create a tight end in Madden, he would probably look exactly like Blanton. If you were going to draft a tight end in real life, he would probably play very little like Blanton.The chiseled 6-foot-6 tight end is going to wow teams with his length and frame at the Shrine Game, but he’s a non-explosive athlete with little production as a receiver due to his inability to get open.

Billed as a blocking tight end, Blanton actually struggles consistently as an in-line blocker

bodi

Reaction score
It's a lock ...you wanna reach for a S that isnt good ..so I am a wizard..call me Harry

ok i'll take your word for it now when it does not happen then what are you gonna do ?

dallas72

Reaction score
ok i'll take your word for it now when it does not happen then what are you gonna do ?
Hope T Rapp falls in the draft...not many good S in draft

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feels high for Hooker.

Hooker would be a Strong Safety for the Cowboys which would offset some athletic limitations.

Richard might prefer more length at SS and they did play Heath in style that requires very good speed.