my 2 cents without the angst

dirt

Reaction score
that was about as pathetic as you can get today but instead of yelling for the various coaches heads etc (there is enough of that going on already) here are a few thoughts--tell me what you think

1.someone has to make the players accountable for the mental mistakes-enough said

2.after about the third quarter you start looking for guys who quit and guys who keep after it
Guys who kept playing hard: Crayton, Barber, Ware, Jenkins, Whitten,Austin

I like the way Bennett looked-I know it was late but he gave some glimpses and most important to me was when he scored he just gave the ball to the ref. That was his first TD and because of his reputation as immature I expected him to do something embarrassing!

Guys who could have given better effort early and late: our 2 OT's. Columbo is costing himself some money with the past 2 games; Zach Thomas looked washed up
Anthony Henry looked washed up
Did Roy W return from injury? Same old same old-no support deep and after the first TD pointing around like it was someone elses fault

I am sick of Procter getting forklifted into the backfield or spun like a top

Hamlin always looked late

Isnt it taunting or show boating to intercept a pass and during the run back point to your number and start celebrating? Bushleague!!!!

Austin has potential and some really nice quicks

Garret is going to take heat but really, you can call the perfect sequence of plays and if they are not executed then forget about it.

On the other hand Stewart has to show some leadership. There is no excuse for the body language exhibited by him on the side line

No one is going to get fired yet. There wont be any knee jerk reactions but Phillips has lost me. It has been going on deep into the second year now with the same mistakes mostly mental and he did not FIX this defense

Spears looks to be playing for a contract--Buyer Beware. He could get his money and disappear again or he could be a late bloomer.

I am tired of Greg Ellis--runs his mouth and then looks 45 years old out there. He is not showing any movement as a linebacker and not holding his position against the run.

I hate Randy Gallaway cause he is just salivating over having the material for his next 5 columns. His kind of "journalist" disgusts me with his only style being a rip job. Give me even handed reporting - good and bad but I am done with him and will never read anything with his name on the article. That is just my opinion. I appreciate criticism but he is mean spirited and enjoys it too much! Just my opinion

Enough of hearing that Jackson was going to make us pay for passing him in the draft. That was what? 5 years ago and another GM and coaching team making the decisions. More of a high school or college type of motivation in my opinion.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
dirt;2354395 said:
that was about as pathetic as you can get today but instead of yelling for the various coaches heads etc (there is enough of that going on already) here are a few thoughts--tell me what you think

1.someone has to make the players accountable for the mental mistakes-enough said

2.after about the third quarter you start looking for guys who quit and guys who keep after it
Guys who kept playing hard: Crayton, Barber, Ware, Jenkins, Whitten,Austin

I like the way Bennett looked-I know it was late but he gave some glimpses and most important to me was when he scored he just gave the ball to the ref. That was his first TD and because of his reputation as immature I expected him to do something embarrassing!

Guys who could have given better effort early and late: our 2 OT's. Columbo is costing himself some money with the past 2 games; Zach Thomas looked washed up
Anthony Henry looked washed up
Did Roy W return from injury? Same old same old-no support deep and after the first TD pointing around like it was someone elses fault

I am sick of Procter getting forklifted into the backfield or spun like a top

Hamlin always looked late

Isnt it taunting or show boating to intercept a pass and during the run back point to your number and start celebrating? Bushleague!!!!

Austin has potential and some really nice quicks

Garret is going to take heat but really, you can call the perfect sequence of plays and if they are not executed then forget about it.

On the other hand Stewart has to show some leadership. There is no excuse for the body language exhibited by him on the side line

No one is going to get fired yet. There wont be any knee jerk reactions but Phillips has lost me. It has been going on deep into the second year now with the same mistakes mostly mental and he did not FIX this defense

Spears looks to be playing for a contract--Buyer Beware. He could get his money and disappear again or he could be a late bloomer.

I am tired of Greg Ellis--runs his mouth and then looks 45 years old out there. He is not showing any movement as a linebacker and not holding his position against the run.

I hate Randy Gallaway cause he is just salivating over having the material for his next 5 columns. His kind of "journalist" disgusts me with his only style being a rip job. Give me even handed reporting - good and bad but I am done with him and will never read anything with his name on the article. That is just my opinion. I appreciate criticism but he is mean spirited and enjoys it too much! Just my opinion

Enough of hearing that Jackson was going to make us pay for passing him in the draft. That was what? 5 years ago and another GM and coaching team making the decisions. More of a high school or college type of motivation in my opinion.

1. the coach

I thought u were going to number all them after 1. and 2. but guess not

Like someone said earlier we don't hit in practice..... I guess next week Wade will have team do bearcrawls and wind sprints for their failure to beat the lowly Rams.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Moose called it early in the game as you could see there was just shock and confusion on the sidelines from the defensive personnel...That's coaching right there, not having your team prepared...No urgency and no results

dirt

Reaction score
do you think this coach has it in him?
It is tough to change your approach and not look phony to the players

was numbering them but got rambling on

FCBarca

Reaction score
dirt;2354454 said:
do you think this coach has it in him?
It is tough to change your approach and not look phony to the players

was numbering them but got rambling on

I don't know Wade's age off hand but he's not going to have a personality change at this stage...His style is his style...And it's not working...Experiment is over and should be put to bed