My 2nd attempt at a full 1st round mock

tm1119

Reaction score
Im going to do this without any trades....and make a few picks that shake some things up.

Texans- Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
St Louis- Greg Robinson OT Auburn
Jacksonville- Blake Bortles QB UCF
Cleveland- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
Oakland- Jadaveon Clowney DE South Carolina
Atlanta- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
Tampa Bay- Aaron Donald DT Pitt
Minnesota- Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
Buffalo- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
Detroit- Justin Gilbert CB OK State
Tennessee- Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
NY Giants- Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
St Louis- Odell Beckham Jr WR LSU
Chicago- HaHa Clinton-Dix S Bama
Pittsburgh- Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan St
Dallas- Anthony Barr DE UCLA
Baltimore- Zack Martin OT Notre Dame
NY Jets- Eric Ebron TE UCLA
Miami- Morgan Moses OT Virginia
Green Bay- Calvin Pryor S Louisville
Philadelphia- Brandon Cooks WR Oregon St
Kansas City- Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
Cincinnati- Ryan Shazier OLB Ohio St
San Diego- Louis Nix DT Notre Dame
Cleveland- Derek Carr QB Fresno State
New Orleans- Kony Ealy DE Mizzu
Carolina- Marqise Lee WR USC
New England- CJ Mosely LB Bama
San Fran- Kyle Fuller CB Va Tech
Denver- Xavier Su'a-Filo G UCLA
Seattle- RaShede Hageman DT Minnesota

Tobal

Reaction score
Your picks make sense except for Clowney, outside of that it looks really well thought out.

Aven8

Reaction score
I can see Lovie picking the beast at 7. 66 TFLs for loss is still an amazing stat IMO. Beast!!

rkell87

Reaction score
if clowney goes first is there any way mack gets past oakland? I think mack is houstons guy but idt they want him at 1, the draft and trade rumor and the atlanta rumor would match great if mack is there at 6

as for your mock it's fairly realistic. I'm not sold that cleveland needs watkins bad enough to pass on clowney if he is there and if ebron makes it past buffalo I think the giants would take him over evans, I also don't think KC passes ealy for tuitt.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I really don't see Barr making it past Tennessee. He's exactly what they need and reports are they really like him.

Fredd

Reaction score
3 ND guys in round 1, love it - GO IRISH!

I tend to agree where you have most of these guys slotted (for the most part)...I have always believed Mack is the best talent in this draft...Bortles #3 is not where I think he belongs as far as talent level, but for a team in need of a QB, that is the correct spot for who I think is the best QB in the draft...I also agree that Detroit goes DB, although you read a lot that they like WR's...it might be difficult for them to pass up on Evans if he is there for them...I think Philly is likely to take a WR as you project, but if shazier is there, that could be tough for them to bypass, they do love to draft LBs....4 first rounds QB's is possible

tm1119

Reaction score
For the record I had Ebron to Buffalo, Barr to Giants, and us having to settle for Jernigan. But then I realized I left Taylor Lewan completely out of the 1st lol....needless to say things had to get switched around and we lucked out with Barr dropping.

I'd like to hear what everybody thinks of Tennessee being a surprise QB pick though. I mean they can't actually think Locker is still the answer can they?

Questfor6

Reaction score
I can honestly see Houston move to 6 with Atlanta then possibly work a side deal with STL to come back to 2 and take Mack. STL is gonna take a tackle and if Mack & Clowney go 1-2 they may still get Robinson or Matthews at 6.

Questfor6

Reaction score
For the record I had Ebron to Buffalo, Barr to Giants, and us having to settle for Jernigan. But then I realized I left Taylor Lewan completely out of the 1st lol....needless to say things had to get switched around and we lucked out with Barr dropping.

I'd like to hear what everybody thinks of Tennessee being a surprise QB pick though. I mean they can't actually think Locker is still the answer can they?

Don't see Barr being an option myself for the Giants after all the moves they made in the off-season. They may feel more comfortable taking Ealy or Crichton in round 2 if they're there. Eli needs weapons and Ebron or Evans IMO would be a homerun pick for them in round 1.