My 5 Round Mock

tm1119

Reaction score
Round 1- Reggie Nelson S Florida- Just way too talented to pass up IMO. He is what we have been looking for ever since Woody left. The only real knock against him is his size and strength, but we dont really need that from him. He can contribute as a nickle corner and FS on passing situations. Would switch on and off with Hamlin in the 1st year, and be a full time starter in his 2nd year.

Round 2- Jason Hill WR Wash. St.- Good size and speed(6' 205 4.38 40). Had over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's as a Jr. but got hurt as a senior. Was considered a 1st round pick coming into the year, but his stock fell because of injury concerns. If healthy could easily be the 2nd best WR in the draft behind Johnson.

Round 3- Quentin Moses DE/OLB Georgia- 6'5 250 with good speed and quickness. Had a great Jr. year but seemed like he had a case of senioritis last year. If he returns to form he could be a great situational pass rusher. Was selected all-academic in the past. Seems like with some good coaching this kid could turn into a great sack artist.

Round 4- Paul Soliai NT Utah- 6'4 344. Obviously just a BIG man. Can plug up the middle and be a dominant run stuffer. Just needs to get in shape and condition himself so he can be a factor down the stretch in games.

Round 5- Mario Henderson OT Florida St.- 6'6 305. Big, but still has room to add bulk to his frame. Very athletic, played some TE early on in his career. Started every game at LT for the seminoles last year. A lot of upside who could be a starter after a few years of development

firehawk350

Reaction score
tm1119;1451603 said:
Round 1- Reggie Nelson S Florida- Just way too talented to pass up IMO. He is what we have been looking for ever since Woody left. The only real knock against him is his size and strength, but we dont really need that from him. He can contribute as a nickle corner and FS on passing situations. Would switch on and off with Hamlin in the 1st year, and be a full time starter in his 2nd year.

Round 2- Jason Hill WR Wash. St.- Good size and speed(6' 205 4.38 40). Had over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's as a Jr. but got hurt as a senior. Was considered a 1st round pick coming into the year, but his stock fell because of injury concerns. If healthy could easily be the 2nd best WR in the draft behind Johnson.

Round 3- Quentin Moses DE/OLB Georgia- 6'5 250 with good speed and quickness. Had a great Jr. year but seemed like he had a case of senioritis last year. If he returns to form he could be a great situational pass rusher. Was selected all-academic in the past. Seems like with some good coaching this kid could turn into a great sack artist.

Round 4- Paul Soliai NT Utah- 6'4 344. Obviously just a BIG man. Can plug up the middle and be a dominant run stuffer. Just needs to get in shape and condition himself so he can be a factor down the stretch in games.

Round 5- Mario Henderson OT Florida St.- 6'6 305. Big, but still has room to add bulk to his frame. Very athletic, played some TE early on in his career. Started every game at LT for the seminoles last year. A lot of upside who could be a starter after a few years of development

Quentin Moses in late round 3 is a tad bit optimistic.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
If this were to happen it would be absolute brilliance. I'd probably go with a different WR than Hill, but I can't really complain.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I believe Mel Kiper Jr. would give us a A minus for that draft.....good job

funkytown

Reaction score
I would love for it to go that way...dont know much about OT Henderson in the 4th....but i'll trust u on that one

tm1119

Reaction score
firehawk350;1451627 said:
Quentin Moses in late round 3 is a tad bit optimistic.

I was going by scout.com, which is 1 of the best sites imo. They have him dropping all the way to the 4th. He ran a 4.8 40 which is mostly what is going to hurt him so much, but doesnt translate at all from what i have seen of him on the field.

http://nflexperts.scout.com/3/2007MockDraft.html (this wold be an awful draft for us imo)

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I like Moses numbers for the most part, but to me he has Darryl Blackstock written all over him. Their college carrers are very similar.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Change Moses to Brian Robison and I can definitely live with that draft

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feh.

Nelson won't make it to #22. And I'd rather have a true corner.

Hill is more like a 3rd rounder.

Moss won't make it out of the 2nd round.

The other two guys could be there.

tm1119

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1452315 said:
Feh.

Nelson won't make it to #22. And I'd rather have a true corner.

Hill is more like a 3rd rounder.

Moss won't make it out of the 2nd round.

The other two guys could be there.

Nelson could get picked before 22, but then again so could anyone. There is also a pretty good chance he could make it to 22. You cant just right him off because there is a possibility he could go before we pick.

Disagree with you on Hill. He as the worst an early 3rd rounder, and our need at WR warrants us to reach by 10 picks or so. But he has more than enough talent to go in teh 2nd despite what his stock is.

Nobody named Moss in my mock. And if you meant Mosses his stock is slipping and he could very well be there for us in the 3rd, but i will agree there there is a pretty good chance another 3-4 team will scoop him up in the late 2nd or early 3rd.

Reaction score
Mosses will be long gone in the third round. Dallas won't draft a safety unless Landry undoubtedly drops to 22.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mosses will be long gone in the third round. Dallas won't draft a safety unless Landry undoubtedly drops to 22.

Id p(*&%ut it at maybe 2% chance. But if he somehow fell to lets say 13 or 14, We HAVE to trade up for him. He would change this defense from day 1.

But if he fell to like 8 or 9 almost every other team would be thinking the same thing, so thats p(*&%robably a pip(*&%e dream

sg2354

Reaction score
dallas picks buster davis from lsu for 2nd round pick.im an lsu fan you cant afford to pass this guy up

ethiostar

Reaction score
i can live with that, but i can live with this also

1st round-27th (from NO)-Aaron Ross (CB)
2nd round- Davic Harris (ILB)
3rd round-Anthony Gonzalez (WR) and Josh Beckmen (OG) (From NO)

Reaction score
sg2354;1452492 said:
dallas picks buster davis from lsu for 2nd round pick.im an lsu fan you cant afford to pass this guy up

Umm I think you meant Craig Davis, Buster Davis plays for FSU.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
tm1119;1452061 said:
I was going by scout.com, which is 1 of the best sites imo. They have him dropping all the way to the 4th. He ran a 4.8 40 which is mostly what is going to hurt him so much, but doesnt translate at all from what i have seen of him on the field.

http://nflexperts.scout.com/3/2007MockDraft.html (this wold be an awful draft for us imo)

If the draft fell that way, I'd be happy to stick with Bowe in the first, but give me FB Brian Leonard in the second.

It also appears that some of the guys I considered middle-rounders, they have down for seventh-rounders — Barbre, Bazuin, Payne.

KSU_Wildcat_Fan

Reaction score
I think if Nelson is there at 22 (which I don't think he will be) we should take him. The only thing Hamlin brings to the team is another Safety with Pro Bowl potential that can not cover.

I also think we need to start addressing offense at some point (especially WR) but our biggest needs are still def. players. As you could guess I am still not confident in our secondary.

My ideal draft would go something like this:

1st (22): Nelson (otherwise go cover corner opposite Newman to let the safeties roam the field or BLITZ)

2nd(53): Lamarr Woodley OLB/DE Michigan - Great replacement for Ellis

3rd(87): James Marten OT Boston College - Big and Fast (A good combo for a Tackle)

4th(122): Mason Crosby K Colorado - I don't like taking a Kicker in the draft, especially one from Colorado but this kid could be special

5th(159): Yamon Figurs WR Kansas State - I had to put one K-State guy in here and I watched him jog and keep up with Sproles sprinting.

6th(195): Chris Leak Ath Florida

6th(200): Louis Leonard DT Fresno St

7th(212): Jeff Samardzija WR Notre Dame - I give in a year in baseball then we make up to the Henson deal by trading him (P.S. I had to cut and Past his name and don't know how to undo the underline)​

7th(234): Justin Vincent RB LSU

7th(237): Zake Diles LB KSU - At this point your guess if as good as mine (well it has actually been that way thoughout this entire post) and I wanted to throw one more KSU guy in here, plus I think he could be a great special teams guy.

Thanks for reading