My All-Want Team

50cent

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I still think our weakness on defense is getting to the QB. We disappear a stretches of the game and allow offenses to continue drives because we can't stop the run or get to the QB.
And when Ware drops back into coverage, we really can't get to the QB. We need to continue to address this or else.

BTH, Anthony Smith is a better cover corner, and he won't go until the 4th. I know we don't have a 4, but we can get one easily.
I won't disagree with you about getting to the QB, but I just dont see us going OLB/DE again in the draft. The learning curve is just to great to have to go through the growing pains again next year. Especially in a year that the Boys really should challenge. I just don't see an impact guy at our drafting position that we could get. Now I did list Abraham as a possible FA pick up. I think he and Ware would be a dymamic duo at OLB for years.

As for Smith, he is currently getting a first round grade. Although some underclassmen may enter and push him down. He could also have character issues that could force him to drop, but our first hand knowledge of him with Pasqulani(SP) gives us an insider. This makes it very possible that we could go after him.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
50cent said:
I won't disagree with you about getting to the QB, but I just dont see us going OLB/DE again in the draft. The learning curve is just to great to have to go through the growing pains again next year. Especially in a year that the Boys really should challenge. I just don't see an impact guy at our drafting position that we could get. Now I did list Abraham as a possible FA pick up. I think he and Ware would be a dymamic duo at OLB for years.

As for Smith, he is currently getting a first round grade. Although some underclassmen may enter and push him down. He could also have character issues that could force him to drop, but our first hand knowledge of him with Pasqulani(SP) gives us an insider. This makes it very possible that we could go after him.
Yeah, some of these guys are moving up the board quick. I'm not opposed to getting Abraham, but he will demand a pretty good pay day.

50cent

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Yeah, some of these guys are moving up the board quick. I'm not opposed to getting Abraham, but he will demand a pretty good pay day.
I keep hearing that Abraham will demand a nice salary, but I don't see it. His reputation took a big hit last season when he didn't play through his injury. I think every GM will hold that as leverage against giving him big money, not to mention that he didn't do anything special this year to help the Jets win games. He was solid but not even a pro-bowler in his contract year. I think he gets a nice contract, just not as big as some seems to think he will get.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
50cent said:
I keep hearing that Abraham will demand a nice salary, but I don't see it. His reputation took a big hit last season when he didn't play through his injury. I think every GM will hold that as leverage against giving him big money, not to mention that he didn't do anything special this year to help the Jets win games. He was solid but not even a pro-bowler in his contract year. I think he gets a nice contract, just not as big as some seems to think he will get.
Let's say we get Abraham, I still would like an ILB like Brooks, and or a big DT, I'm not convinced with Ferguson.

50cent

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Let's say we get Abraham, I still would like an ILB like Brooks, and or a big DT, I'm not convinced with Ferguson.
Totally agree with the ILB part, but our NT will never be high production type players. They arent asked to, but I have high hopes for Pepper. He showed some nice fight during the Commanders game. BP always gushes about his motor, so I like his chances.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
50cent said:
Totally agree with the ILB part, but our NT will never be high production type players. They arent asked to, but I have high hopes for Pepper. He showed some nice fight during the Commanders game. BP always gushes about his motor, so I like his chances.
I'm looking for a really big strong guy at NT like Ngata or Gabe Watkins. These guys completely clogg up the middle, and push the line backwards to prevent inside runs and pulls and what not.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Not really an Ahmad Brooks fan at all. Does he even play?

Any guy with injury issues, weed issues and whose heart has been questioned certainly drops if I am drafting.

ghst187

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I'm looking for a really big strong guy at NT like Ngata or Gabe Watkins. These guys completely clogg up the middle, and push the line backwards to prevent inside runs and pulls and what not.

Ngata overwhelmingly underimpressed me in the OU game. He got handled then he got hurt, again. He already has one serious knee injury in his history. I say no thanks to him. Watkins didn't play as well as I thought he would this year either.
I actually like Pepper J a lot. He has a lot of fire. We need a guy or two like that to give us some nastiness on d. I think Pepper J, Fergi, Spears, Canty, Ratliff, and Ware can handle the DL just fine. Glover and Spears are bonuses for now I think. I'd like to have another passrusher....maybe Abraham or a draftee like Dumervil. I think we can afford him to only be a situational guy also.
We'll still definitely need a bigtime LB, wherever we can get him...FA or draft.

LeCharles Bentley should be our #1 FA acquisition though and should get him on day one of FA period. Give him Rivera's contract.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Brooks is bigger and plays for Al Groh, a Parcells disciple. You can bet if he is there when we pick Chris Canty is going to be doing the Snoopy dance.

Bigger? Check.
Plays for Groan? Check.
Heart? Strangley missing.

There's a reason Jackson was up for so many awards this season. He gets the job done. Had Maryland not crapped the bed and had a better season, he would have won at least one of them.

Brooks, for all the hype he gets, is a Lavar Arrington clone. Great athlete. He may have one or 2 highlight plays, but comes up short in the game-in, game-out production department.

I'd gladly pass on that POS.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
50cent said:
Round Four:
Will Blackmon (WR/CB/PR) - He is just a raw athlete that has excelled at every postion he has played.

I've made it a point to check out Blackmon the last few years and I.M.O. he has first round talent but because he doesn't have a set position he may end up in the 2nd or 3rd.

If he slips to the 4th he would be a steal....especially if we had a 4th :eek::

lkelly

Reaction score
If we sign Bentley, do we give him Tyson Walter's old locker?

A shame they can't have lockers next to each other.