My Anneversary Gift

dallasblue05

Reaction score
I dont know who of you will actually care, but this weekend I got one the nicest gifts ever. I know it's kind of cheesy, but my girlfriend and I celebrate monthly anneversaries, because we are still dating, and not married yet. Well, this Saturday, was our 10 month anny and I took her out to a really nice restaurant and out to a movie. When we got back we talked for a while, and after we were finished talking, she said she got me something. She walked me into our bedroom and turned on the light. There on the bed was a framed poster of Troy Aikman, autographed, with 2 certificates of authenticity. Now, you may say, it's just an autograph of Troy, but for me, Troy was the athlete I looked up to my entire childhood (along with Jordan) and he has been a role model of mine my entire life. I was amazed, and this was no cheap present, I know that it was at least 300 dollars. I THOUGHT before that she is a keeper, but now I KNOW she is. What do you guys think.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dallasblue05 said:
I dont know who of you will actually care, but this weekend I got one the nicest gifts ever. I know it's kind of cheesy, but my girlfriend and I celebrate monthly anneversaries, because we are still dating, and not married yet. Well, this Saturday, was our 10 month anny and I took her out to a really nice restaurant and out to a movie. When we got back we talked for a while, and after we were finished talking, she said she got me something. She walked me into our bedroom and turned on the light. There on the bed was a framed poster of Troy Aikman, autographed, with 2 certificates of authenticity. Now, you may say, it's just an autograph of Troy, but for me, Troy was the athlete I looked up to my entire childhood (along with Jordan) and he has been a role model of mine my entire life. I was amazed, and this was no cheap present, I know that it was at least 300 dollars. I THOUGHT before that she is a keeper, but now I KNOW she is. What do you guys think.
She sounds like a great woman, but marry her for who she is and not for things she can give you. Even if she can someday bag you luxury suites at the new Texas Stadium, it will be meaningless should the two of you cannot get along during the 6 1/2 days spent together outside games. Of course, I would be tempted... :rolleyes:

Rick_Deckard

luvtheboys
Reaction score
I think it is great. One of my most prized possessions is an autographed picture of my then 2 year old son Troy with Troy Aikman at camp in '95.

Contrary to Jack's experience, it doesn't have to end. My 15th anniversary is coming up and my wife and daughter are working on a Cowboys quilt for my present. I gave them some design ideas, but I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It is my ten year anniversary and my wife is trying to find me a blue Cowboys' jersey as a gift (amazing what buying her earrings can do ;) ). However, you think I can find one in this city? Nope. I saw white Julius Jones and Roy Williams' jerseys but I want a blue one as I already have a white Williams' jersey.

I would order one from Cowboys.com but the shipping to Canada is about as much as the jersey :(.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Just an update, my wife called and she found a blue Keyshawn Johnson jersey for me so that is my anniversary gift. Woohoo. They also had Roy Williams in blue but I already have him in white.

Reaction score
mine does that for me too. she knows all that i want is cowboys stuff. so far she's got me 2 authentic roy williams jersey's and a dallas cowboys authentic full size helmet signed by jason ferguson and tony tolbert. and she also hand sewed cowboys curtains for my office.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
A marriage Lic. should be like a fishing Lic. it must be renewed every year.. it would keep both parties on their toes...

might be a great idea... it might suck

but it was a thought..... which proves.........hmmm

I forgot what it proves but it proves something :)

don't ya just hate it when that train of thought your riding stops

to take on more thoughts and nobody is there to punch your ticket

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
lol, if it does all end at least i got a signed poster out of the deal, lol.

Yea, and she gets the house, the kids, the cars and more than half your paycheck every month.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:
Yea, and she gets the house, the kids, the cars and more than half your paycheck every month.

You sound like a man of experience ;)

I do divorce law and that is now how it ends up in our jurisdiction.

calico

Reaction score
that is a nice gift, she's a keeper. I got a nice, authentic Roger Staubach throwback jersey from one girlfriend. She was a keeper.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:

Sounds like a great girl. Follow your head and your heart. GL.

billknows

Reaction score
if she is less than 130 pounds and will do ya good and go to church,(but leave early when the preacher goes on to long with the semon,to catch the Cowboy game) marry her. Don/t worry ,you can love God every day, and by the way,God never misses the start of a Cowboy's game. Lets face it,He has an awsome seat looking down into the roof of Texas Stadium.....God bless Texas and the Dallas Cowboy's :starspin

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
billknows said:
if she is less than 130 pounds and will do ya good and go to church,(but leave early when the preacher goes on to long with the semon,to catch the Cowboy game) marry her. Don/t worry ,you can love God every day, and by the way,God never misses the start of a Cowboy's game. Lets face it,He has an awsome seat looking down into the roof of Texas Stadium.....God bless Texas and the Dallas Cowboy's :starspin

Going to church is a criterion for you in picking a mate?