My best draft yet at first-pick.com

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22 (PHI): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 5 (ATL): Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 18 (MIA): Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 27 (IND): Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 26 (IND): Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 19: Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton (B-)
Round 5 Pick 18: Andre Williams, RB, Boston College (A)
Round 7 Pick 14: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (B-)
Round 7 Pick 16: Bene Benwikere, CB, San Jose State (A)
Round 7 Pick 23: Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd (A)
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Eathyn Manumaleuna, DT, Brigham Young (C+)
Round 7 Pick 36 (COMP): Denicos Allen, OLB, Michigan State (B)
Round 7 Pick 39 (COMP): Gator Hoskins, FB, Marshall (A)

tm1119

Reaction score
What do you mean? I thought that would be a great haul. Getting Donald and Filo would be awesome IMO

How is it even remotely possible to get 3 2nd round picks from 3 different teams? And none of which are even from the team we traded back with in the 1st. I'm not saying you picked bad players, but you have to make it at least somewhat realistic

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
How is it even remotely possible to get 3 2nd round picks from 3 different teams? And none of which are even from the team we traded back with in the 1st. I'm not saying you picked bad players, but you have to make it at least somewhat realistic

I traded back in the first to 22 and then back up in the second to number 5, not that crazy.

tm1119

Reaction score
I traded back in the first to 22 and then back up in the second to number 5, not that crazy.

Not even sure why I'm continuing this....

But ok and that would have been fine, but what about Tuitt and Turner? You have us picking up the 18th from Miami for nothing and a 2nd and 3rd from Indy for nothing. Did you trade next year's 1st and 2nd round picks or something?

Tobal

Reaction score
It looks like you traded
1(16) for 1(22)+2(5)+2(27)
1000 for 780+530+310 (1620)

However you got there you gained 620 points in your trades

DFWJC

Reaction score
first-pick trades are comical but whatever trades he got were not made up. I mean, if you offer a trade and it's accepted, it's not your fault they took it.

But yes, in real life, this does not happen. Furthermore, the players taken would not be there either.

But in the end, it was good draft based on the trades and players available to him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You should post the exact trades that you made.

I can't remember. I wasn't writing a college essay. I was just trying to trade back in the first and trade back up in the 2nd to get 2 players in the 22-36 range. I think that will end up better than 1 at 16 and 1 at 47.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It looks like you traded
1(16) for 1(22)+2(5)+2(27)
1000 for 780+530+310 (1620)

However you got there you gained 620 points in your trades

first-pick trades are comical but whatever trades he got were not made up. I mean, if you offer a trade and it's accepted, it's not your fault they took it.

But yes, in real life, this does not happen. Furthermore, the players taken would not be there either.

But in the end, it was good draft based on the trades and players available to him.

I think I traded back to 17 or 18 because Manziel was still there and a team offered a 2nd(54). An over-pay on paper, but when a team wants a QB they tend to do that.

I traded back again to 22 and got another late second.

Then I traded our 2nd and 3rd to move up 10 spots to 37.

And finally I traded back in the second and picked up a third.

I like the first-pick draft game and try to play it straight most of the time, but if the players I like are abundant, trading back in the first and trading back up in the second seems like the best way to go. The 2 extra 2nds may have been a little more than can be expected, but they would still be two thirds at worst.