My best mock yet.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Even though it's a mock, i'm doing trades. Very realistic trades.

Round 2-Vlad "the impaler" Ducasse-Umass-RT/OG
We trade back to pick 39 and pick up a 3rd and 5th. I think all the guys we like in the first will be gone. Might as well trade down and still get a guy your high on. Ducasse will back up Columbo, while also backup at OG in a pinch. Our starter in 2011.

Round 2-Terrance Cody-Bama-NT
He's fat, lazy and will eat himself out of the league. Whatever, say that to his face. He's a beast and a perfect anchor to give Rat a breather and keep him fresh. He takes at least 2 blockers which opens things up for Brooking and Bradie to blitz. Line Rat up at DE 5-7 plays a game. If god forbid Rat goes down, we get a big runstuffer. Wade had Jamal Williams in SD.

Round 3(from trade)-Mardy Gilyard-Cincy-WR/KR/PR
Since this will be high in the 3rd, I think he's still available. Another playmaker on this offense. What I like most about him, is his service to the kick return game. He can take it to the house anytime and allows to save Felix for offense. We all know how much field position can impact a game. Not to mention Garrett loves those wr screens. That's where Mardy is at his best.

Round 3-JD Walton-Baylor-C/OG
I've always liked players from small school in big conferences. I know we're high on a C/OG and he's perfect for depth. No more Proctor. HIs versatility helps save a roster spot. Brewster, Ducasse and Walton will be our O-line depth on gamedays. I'll take it.

Round 4-Chris Cook-Virginia-CB/FS
We trade our 4th and the 5th and 6th from the trade to move up and grab him. 6 2, 212 pounds makes me think he will be a FS in the NFL. I like this for depth and can allow Ball to move back to the 4th corner. I like his upside.

Round 7-Malcolm Sheppard-Arkansas-DE.
Good value here. I know we will most likely keep all our DE's, but I think he's got alot of potential. Stick him on the PS for a year. It keeps your options open if you dont want to resign Hatcher in 2011.

Holla.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
oh man......

I want to keep you as a friend so........

How about the weather today? ;)

reddyuta

Reaction score
Gilyard is sort of my pet cat and i would take him in late 2nd too.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like it better than my draft.

Too ill.

You just made our trenches tougher than the Germans on the Somme.

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3283506 said:

We trade back to pick 39 and pick up a 3rd and 5th. I think all the guys we like in the first will be gone. Might as well trade down and still get a guy your high on. Ducasse will back up Columbo, while also backup at OG in a pinch. Our starter in 2011.

He's fat, lazy and will eat himself out of the league. Whatever, say that to his face. He's a beast and a perfect anchor to give Rat a breather and keep him fresh. He takes at least 2 blockers which opens things up for Brooking and Bradie to blitz. Line Rat up at DE 5-7 plays a game. If god forbid Rat goes down, we get a big runstuffer. Wade had Jamal Williams in SD.

Since this will be high in the 3rd, I think he's still available. Another playmaker on this offense. What I like most about him, is his service to the kick return game. He can take it to the house anytime and allows to save Felix for offense. We all know how much field position can impact a game. Not to mention Garrett loves those wr screens. That's where Mardy is at his best.

I've always liked players from small school in big conferences. I know we're high on a C/OG and he's perfect for depth. No more Proctor. HIs versatility helps save a roster spot. Brewster, Ducasse and Walton will be our O-line depth on gamedays. I'll take it.

We trade our 4th and the 5th and 6th from the trade to move up and grab him. 6 2, 212 pounds makes me think he will be a FS in the NFL. I like this for depth and can allow Ball to move back to the 4th corner. I like his upside.

Good value here. I know we will most likely keep all our DE's, but I think he's got alot of potential. Stick him on the PS for a year. It keeps your options open if you dont want to resign Hatcher in 2011.

Holla.

Best Draft ive seen, but is Cook worth a 4,5,and 6 ?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Holla.

As I have stated many times, I really hope we don't trade down. Still, I really like the players you have us adding.

People are down on Cody lately but if you go and watch the Tennessee-Alabama game, you will see that he dominated the entire game. He would really improve our run D and his presence will only make Jay Ratliff better.

Ducasse, Gilyard, Walton, and Cook would all improve our depth. Don't know much about Sheppard but I would give this draft an A.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3283584 said:
As I have stated many times, I really hope we don't trade down. Still, I really like the players you have us adding.

People are down on Cody lately but if you go and watch the Tennessee-Alabama game, you will see that he dominated the entire game. He would really improve our run D and his presence will only make Jay Ratliff better.

Ducasse, Gilyard, Walton, and Cook would all improve our depth. Don't know much about Sheppard but I would give this draft an A.

Well with our current team, there are few players in this draft that would start over our starters now. Most will be depth this year and become future starters.

Ducasse, Gilyard, Walton and Cook could all be starters in 1-2 years.

Reaction score

Holla.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
TrueBeliever007;3283796 said:

I think so. He's got the skills to be a really good FS. He's got the size and can tackle really well(even though he got trucked by Dwyer)