My Big Plan to Get D'brick Furgeson

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Step one- Trade Larry Allen and our third and third next year to a team in the twenties.

Step two- Trade 18, and twenty something to NO for the second pick

Step three- Draft D'brick and have a centerpeice for our line for the next 10-15 years.

rationale- NO need O-Line help badly at 18, and 20 something they could take one of the best centers and a great Tackle they could possibly rebuild their o-line in one swoop.

now that i say that i feel like taking out step two, and three and just draft Mcneill at 18 and Nick Mangold at 20 something.

could it be done? is it a good deal?

ghst187

Reaction score
I think we need to use our first round picks on skill guys. I like Brick but we'd have to do some serious dealing to hope to get him. Meanwhile, we have great players at other need positions (Like LB) that are almost a lock to be there if we stand pat or even move down and add more picks.
As far as the OL goes, I think JJ needed to just open the wallet and pay for a guy like Hutchinson or Bentley. At least one name guy like that and we can fill in the rest with Kosier types or whatever his name is.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Step one- Trade Larry Allen and our third and third next year to a team in the twenties.

Step two- Trade 18, and twenty something to NO for the second pick

Step three- Draft D'brick and have a centerpeice for our line for the next 10-15 years.

rationale- NO need O-Line help badly at 18, and 20 something they could take one of the best centers and a great Tackle they could possibly rebuild their o-line in one swoop.

now that i say that i feel like taking out step two, and three and just draft Mcneill at 18 and Nick Mangold at 20 something.

could it be done? is it a good deal?
I am always leery of trading so many players and picks for 1 guy. Learned to feel this way from the Herschell Walker trade.

I am of the opinion D'Brickashaw is the best overall football player in this draft. However, I am not of the opinion that he si so superior that his place in Canton is reserved.

By this I mean that he is not Anthony Munoz part II, and every other OT prospect in this Draft and for the foreseeable future is at best a Leonard Davis.

If Dallas is dead set on drafting an OT, there will be several decent options available. I think we can get a very good player at OT or OG as late as the 3rd round. We can't if we trade away all of our draft picks this year and in the future.

Whether the trade could be made or not is irrelevant to me. I wouldn't do it.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
yea it is a very deep draft class, so maybe not the year to bunch up for just one big pick.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
No team will trade #2 for #18 and a #20 something unless they are crazy.

NorTex

Reaction score
Who's gonna want to take on Larry's contract...he's not that good.