My biggest fear should be yours as well....

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
That Julius Jones, was an 8 game flash in the Pan. That Julius Jones turns into what he was at ND; oft injured. That Anthony Thomas, winds up getting 20 handoffs a game from...Drew Henson... :(

My point, before we put JJ in the Ring of Honor, lets see him do it from training camp on...There's a reason he slipped on draft day you know.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Hmm you know what your right, he COULD turn into that, or he COULD not, lets not got our bad panties into a bundle of fear.

SuperSafety_31

Reaction score
I'm not really worried about Julius Jone being a flash in the pan as much as I'm worried about his durability...and I know I'll probably get torn apart for this but I'm more worried about our defense...not only counting on rookies but counting on them to be able to switch between 3-4 and 4-3 could get confusing for them which could lead to costly mistakes...

scottsp

Reaction score
Beer prices at TS this year. I worry about that infinitely.

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Hmm you know what your right, he COULD turn into that, or he COULD not, lets not got our bad panties into a bundle of fear.
I'll keep my mittens crossed I'm wrong.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Badattitude said:
That Julius Jones, was an 8 game flash in the Pan. That Julius Jones turns into what he was at ND; oft injured. That Anthony Thomas, winds up getting 20 handoffs a game from...Drew Henson... :(

My point, before we put JJ in the Ring of Honor, lets see him do it from training camp on...There's a reason he slipped on draft day you know.
I do believe the thought has crossed Parcells mind.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
scottsp said:
Mmmm. Sweet. Beer.
sipmson-homer-homer-simpson-khakis-4100142.jpg

burmafrd

Reaction score
He was always listed as a 2nd RD choice- kind of stupid, once you took a closer look at him, but that is where most scouts had him just before the draft. SO HE DID NOT SLIP. But then, you have not been known for your accuracy.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Badattitude said:

??? Slipped on draft day?

When a guy is rated high, ala, Merriman and is chosen later than most figured he would, then he has "slipped"...such was not the case with Jones.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Badattitude said:

sometimes you plain annoy me, badattitude.

but i feel like this is a legitimate concern. julius jones does need to establish that he has durability. i think his workload in the second-half of the season went a long ways towards allaying my fears. it's obviously one of those "time will tell" scenarios.

as far as your posts go - this one was a golden ray of sunshine.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Badattitude said:

Yeah yeah , Roy Williams could die , bledsoe is the son of vinny , t-new is a spy , key will pull the same stuff he did in tampa ................... YA YA LETS WAIT AND SEE PPL. STOP W/ THE PREDICTIONS :)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Take one seattle game against us from last year every hour on the hour. That should cure any ailments you have.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don't know how oft injured JJ was at ND. I never really followed him there. But why does everyone consider durability is a concern with JJ? Am I missing something here? He got injured. It happens.

Here's what I think should happen: JJ should talk to Emmitt and get his lowdown on pre-game warmups and postgame massages and the like and use his formula. Last I checked, they were both about the same size and durability concerns weren't really an issue with Emmitt.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
He did break Tim Browns record at ND for all purpose yards. We hope he can repeat the performance. He has ability to be 1,000 + yard rusher.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
SuperSafety_31 said:
I'm not really worried about Julius Jone being a flash in the pan as much as I'm worried about his durability...and I know I'll probably get torn apart for this but I'm more worried about our defense...not only counting on rookies but counting on them to be able to switch between 3-4 and 4-3 could get confusing for them which could lead to costly mistakes...

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing because I flat out do not know. But something tells me that its better for a group of rookies to switch defenses than it is an older veteran set in his ways. They may not have the ability to grasp the concepts as quickly due to a lack of experience; however, they do not have familiarity working against them.