My Car Was Stolen This Afternoon

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Hands down the most bizarre thing that's ever happened to me. My wife was grocery shopping, I was at home on my back deck smoking a brisket flat and listening to the radio in broad daylight when some young punk took a cab into my neighborhood and boosted my car. Right out of my driveway.

It feels so damn violating. It was such a quick and concise job that even my dogs (who bark at everything) didn't notice anything amiss.

I really wanted to alert Zoners that may drive older model Kia's and Hyundai's to invest in a wheel lock system or a GPS tracker that you can mount to the car inconspicuously. There is apparently a TikTok Challenge that I was not aware of where you can break the steering column, and start the engine with a USB drive. The police who responded to the call told me that close to 10 vehicles in my area had been stolen in the last 24 hours. Social media has created a car theft fetishism.

It takes a real piece of crap to steal property from hard working people around the Holidays.

Be safe, ya'll.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hands down the most bizarre thing that's ever happened to me. My wife was grocery shopping, I was at home on my back deck smoking a brisket flat and listening to the radio in broad daylight when some young punk took a cab into my neighborhood and boosted my car. Right out of my driveway.

It feels so damn violating. It was such a quick and concise job that even my dogs (who bark at everything) didn't notice anything amiss.

I really wanted to alert Zoners that may drive older model Kia's and Hyundai's to invest in a wheel lock system or a GPS tracker that you can mount to the car inconspicuously. There is apparently a TikTok Challenge that I was not aware of where you can break the steering column, and start the engine with a USB drive. The police who responded to the call told me that close to 10 vehicles in my area had been stolen in the last 24 hours. Social media has created a car theft fetishism.

It takes a real piece of crap to steal property from hard working people around the Holidays.

Be safe, ya'll.
String a few of 'em up, it'll stop quickly.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Be safe, ya'll.
I feel your pain. It happened to me when I was 18 and again when I was 45.

What got me was the utter shock that hit first. Both times. Walking to where the vehicle was, not seeing it then looking around like it moved somewhere else all on its own.

The pissed off feeling came afterward. So incredibly frustrating.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Be safe, ya'll.
I once had a Led Zeppelin tape stolen from my car, and even that felt like a violation. I can only imagine what you're feeling. I'm sorry this happened to you, and I hope the dick gets caught and you get your car back in good condition.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Be safe, ya'll.
Sorry man that just sucks!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I had one stolen from church one night. I brought my brother to play basketball at their gym and ended up staying longer than I was supposed to and played myself. Couple hours later I walked out to car and saw it was gone. I figured my wife got mad and came and got. I called her and said, ok, I know you are mad, bring the car back. She had no idea, come to find out a couple of guys were running from police and crashed a car in area. Found mine and hot wired. Brand new 78 cutlass cherry. Loved that car

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sorry to hear that CC, hope it was fully covered.

I’ve had two stolen over the years. First was in ‘88 on Halloween, it was a restored ‘66 candy apple red Mustang. It was a beauty and still upsets me to this day.

The second was in ‘94, a Celica that I think was a ‘91 if I remember correctly. I didn’t like the car but only had liability on it…….lesson learned! It was a real bad time for that to happen to me, financially.

These days, I make sure I have full warranty with gap and insurance, so it it is stolen………oh well, newer model for me :grin:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Has to be super frustrating. It's also ironic that I see this thread as about 5 minutes ago my Ring App popped up a notification that a Honda Civic in my area was stolen. Boise is growing and changing very rapidly, but car theft is still very low there (as far as im aware), so I was surprised to see that.

Did any of you ever have your vehicles recovered?

DFWJC

Reaction score

Be safe, ya'll.
Well, that sucks.

Whoever published the tik-tok theft video should be held on charges.....that is, if they can find them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Way back in the 80s when I lived in New Orleans, I has the stereo stolen out of my car twice.
But that's New Orleans...

Finally got a removable one

I lived in Dallas since 91 and have had nothing stolen except maybe my pride a few times...lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's a viral thing that started in the Midwest.

There's a class action lawsuit going against Hyundai and Kia going now because they haven't provided any kind of reasonable solution at this time.
Awful.

Hey, at least your Carolina Hurricanes are amazing this year
:thumbup: