My case for Chris Johnson

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Go to Youtube and type in "cj takes it to the house" Wow can you say fast?!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Johnson is a good looking back. I would certainly be happy if we drafted the guy, however I think Felix Jones is a better all-around back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1930011 said:
Johnson is a good looking back. I would certainly be happy if we drafted the guy, however I think Felix Jones is a better all-around back.

I agree. There are several players who I would not object to

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1930023 said:
I agree. There are several players who I would not object to

Agreed. I think this is a good year for RB's, you can get a good second guy in the 2nd or even 3rd round if we don't want to burn a first on one.

JPM

Reaction score
Nobody was near him the last 30 yards. I really can't wait to see what he runs for a 40.
Faster than 4.58 Hos.....:laugh1:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
JPM;1930091 said:
Nobody was near him the last 30 yards. I really can't wait to see what he runs for a 40.

Bah. Everyone is faster than 4.58.

Except for Nick Folk.

We so need to cut him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1930011 said:

I think Johnson is the better back. Johnson is faster, and he has a more explosive first step. Jones is fast, but he doesn't explode with the first step. In the NFL, you need that explosive first step, or you never make it through the hole. Johnson IS a complete back. He can rush, receive, and he just happens to be a pretty good return man to boot.

I think he is the perfect 3rd down back for the Cowboys. He is built in the Eric Metcalf mold.

Felix Jones first step isn't even close to Chris Johnson's. That alone would is enough of a red flag to draft Johnson ahead of Jones. The fact that he is a very good receiver out of the backfield (3rd down equals passing down DING DING DING) makes him a much better option than Felix Jones.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;1930114 said:
I think Johnson is the better back. Johnson is faster, and he has a more explosive first step. Jones is fast, but he doesn't explode with the first step. In the NFL, you need that explosive first step, or you never make it through the hole. Johnson IS a complete back. He can rush, receive, and he just happens to be a pretty good return man to boot.

I think he is the perfect 3rd down back for the Cowboys. He is built in the Eric Metcalf mold.

Felix Jones first step isn't even close to Chris Johnson's. That alone would is enough of a red flag to draft Johnson ahead of Jones. The fact that he is a very good receiver out of the backfield (3rd down equals passing down DING DING DING) makes him a much better option than Felix Jones.

Quoting Mel Kiper on Felix Jones...

"There isn't a more explosive back in the country."

You may consider yourself "schooled". :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's funny how in some cases, speed doesn't matter, with Emmitt and Jerry Rice being the examples of how overrated it is.

Then at other times, we should draft a guy just because he's fast.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1930155 said:
Quoting Mel Kiper on Felix Jones...

"There isn't a more explosive back in the country."

You may consider yourself "schooled". :D
Mel Kiper

arg-jack-in-the-box-207x165-url.gif

McFadden, his own teammate is more explosive.

Enough said.

BigDave95;1930187 said:
Wow. What a ridiculous thing to say. Watch more film.

:lmao:

Maybe it's you, that should watch more film.

Following the train off a cliff isn't a good idea. Maybe you should take a look for yourself and make up your own mind rather than spewing the garbage of another man.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;1930204 said:
It's funny how in some cases, speed doesn't matter, with Emmitt and Jerry Rice being the examples of how overrated it is.

Then at other times, we should draft a guy just because he's fast.

Exactly.

Now we have folks wanting to draft a puny guy with baby hands just because he's fast.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JPM;1930091 said:
4.57? You think?

I like this kid and would love to get him. Anything but the trade up for McFadden stuff.

BigDave95

Reaction score
nyc;1930206 said:
Maybe it's you, that should watch more film.

Following the train off a cliff isn't a good idea. Maybe you should take a look for yourself and make up your own mind rather than spewing the garbage of another man.

Nice try. I've seen EVERY carry of Felix Jones' career.

You could say he can't run between the tackles. You could say he benefitted from the attention defenses paid to DMac. You could say he had trouble catching passes at times.

But to say he isn't explosive is just stupid. Ignorant.