OL (8) Tyron, Cooper, Beard, Zack, Collins, Green, Bell, Looney
DL (9) DLaw, Collins, Paea, Thornton, Taco, Mayowa, Tapper, Neal, Jones
LB (7) Lee, Jaylon, Hitch, Wilson, Wilber, Durant, Nzeocha
CB (6) Oscan, Carroll, Brown, Chido, Lewis, Thomas
S(4) Jones, Heath, Frazier, woods
ST (3) the usual suspects

Jones and Neal get replaced by Irving and Moore post suspension
Not sure who I would cut for Zeke. Have a couple of months to figure it out
DL Crawford's contract is guaranteed. He's not on your list.

timb2

Reaction score
QB-Dak Prescott,Cooper Rush
FB-Keith Smith,Rod Smith
RB-Ezekiel Elliott, Darren McFadden,Alfred Morris................................Ronnie Hillman until Elliott's suspension is overturned.
WR-Dez Bryant,Cole Beasley,Noah Brown
WR-Brice Butler,Uzoma Nwachukwu, Lance Lenoir
TE-Jason Witten,Geoff Swaim
TE-Rico Gathers,James Hanna
LT-Tyron Smith,Chaz Green
LG-Jonathan Cooper
C-Travis Fredrick,Joe Looney
RG-Zack Martin
RT-Lael Collins,Brandon Bell

RDE-Demarcus Lawrence,Benson Mayowa
RDT-Maliek Collins,Cedric Thortnon,Jordan Carroll
RDT-Tyrone Crawford,David Irving,Joey Ivie
RDE-Taco Charlton,Charles Tapper.................................................Damontre Moore until David Irving comes back from suspension
WOLB-Jaylon Smith,Damien Wilson
MLB-Sean Lee,Mark Nzecheoa
SOLB-Kyle Wilbur,Justin Durant.............................................................Kennan Gilchrist until Damien Wilson comes back from suspension
CB-Orlando Scandrick,Chidobi Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis
CB-Nolan Carroll,Anthony Brown
FS-Byron Jones,Xavier Woods
SS-Jeff Heath, Kavon Frazier

P-Chris Jones
K-Dan Bailey
LS-LP LaDouceur

Injured Reserve
WR-Ryan Switzer
MLB-Anthony Hitchens

Practice squad
Marquez White
Andy Jones
Lewis Neal
Sammy Seamster
Brian Brown
Duke Thomas
Jamquill Showers
Kadeem Edwards
Dan Skipper

Indefinate suspension
Randy Gregory and his bong

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
couple of things
-Terrence Williams is not going to be even discussed as a cut by the coaches
-Uzoma Nwachukwu and Lance Lenoir won't make the roster
-Ryan Switzer is not going on IR, he's returned to practice already and it was a hamstring injury
-Jordan Carroll and Joey Ivie won't either
-Stephen Paea will
-Sean Lee is the WLB and Jaylon Smith is the MLB
-Damien Wilson is the starting SOLB.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB-Dak Prescott,Cooper Rush
FB-Keith Smith,Rod Smith
RB-Ezekiel Elliott, Darren McFadden,Alfred Morris................................Ronnie Hillman until Elliott's suspension is overturned.
WR-Dez Bryant,Cole Beasley,Noah Brown
WR-Brice Butler,Uzoma Nwachukwu, Lance Lenoir
TE-Jason Witten,Geoff Swaim
TE-Rico Gathers,James Hanna
LT-Tyron Smith,Chaz Green
LG-Jonathan Cooper
C-Travis Fredrick,Joe Looney
RG-Zack Martin
RT-Lael Collins,Brandon Bell

RDE-Demarcus Lawrence,Benson Mayowa
RDT-Maliek Collins,Cedric Thortnon,Jordan Carroll
RDT-Tyrone Crawford,David Irving,Joey Ivie
RDE-Taco Charlton,Charles Tapper.................................................Damontre Moore until David Irving comes back from suspension
WOLB-Jaylon Smith,Damien Wilson
MLB-Sean Lee,Mark Nzecheoa
SOLB-Kyle Wilbur,Justin Durant.............................................................Kennan Gilchrist until Damien Wilson comes back from suspension
CB-Orlando Scandrick,Chidobi Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis
CB-Nolan Carroll,Anthony Brown
FS-Byron Jones,Xavier Woods
SS-Jeff Heath, Kavon Frazier

P-Chris Jones
K-Dan Bailey
LS-LP LaDouceur

Injured Reserve
WR-Ryan Switzer
MLB-Anthony Hitchens

Practice squad
Marquez White
Andy Jones
Lewis Neal
Sammy Seamster
Brian Brown
Duke Thomas
Jamquill Showers
Kadeem Edwards
Dan Skipper

Indefinate suspension
Randy Gregory and his bong

Too many problems to list.

timb2

Reaction score
couple of things
-Terrence Williams is not going to be even discussed as a cut by the coaches
-Uzoma Nwachukwu and Lance Lenoir won't make the roster
-Ryan Switzer is not going on IR, he's returned to practice already and it was a hamstring injury
-Jordan Carroll and Joey Ivie won't either
-Stephen Paea will
-Sean Lee is the WLB and Jaylon Smith is the MLB
-Damien Wilson is the starting SOLB.

*I'm ready to trade away Terrance Williams because I think he has hit his ceiling and he is not going to become a superstar just an average #2 WR. keep the younger WRs to see if they can develop. Butler can be the #2 until the other WRs are ready to step up.

* Jaylon Smith is probably are most athletic LB and in the Tampa 2 the WILL LB is the one to make the plays. Sean Lee is good as the WILL,but with Hitchens injury I moved him to the middle. Damien Wilson is going to be gone for most likely 8 games. Wilson can play either OLB position.

* Switzer is fighting for a spot after his injury he is behind the others. just redshirt him saying he is on IR because if you try to sneak him on the PS it's not going to happen.Someone will claim Switzer. Those 4 WRs Brown, Lenoir, Switzer,and Whatchamacallit will be claimed if cut.[/QUOTE]

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
*I'm ready to trade away Terrance Williams because I think he has hit his ceiling and he is not going to become a superstar just an average #2 WR. keep the younger WRs to see if they can develop. Butler can be the #2 until the other WRs are ready to step up.

TWill just signed a team friendly deal to be here long-term at home and is clearly our second best outside WR. Fans need to embrace him.
IF they were gonna trade a WR Brice Butler would be the guy and the return would be only a late pick.

* Jaylon Smith is probably are most athletic LB and in the Tampa 2 the WILL LB is the one to make the plays. Sean Lee is good as the WILL,but with Hitchens injury I moved him to the middle. Damien Wilson is going to be gone for most likely 8 games. Wilson can play either OLB position.

Jaylon Smith is still not 100% and is not playing anything but Mike this year and he's only playing that half the time until Hitchens returns.
He's our biggest LB and is never playing Will. This hasn't been a Tampa 2 in quite some time.
In fact it is largely a 4-2-5.

* Switzer is fighting for a spot after his injury he is behind the others. just redshirt him saying he is on IR because if you try to sneak him on the PS it's not going to happen.Someone will claim Switzer. Those 4 WRs Brown, Lenoir, Switzer,and Whatchamacallit will be claimed if cut.

Switzer has been eating guys up in practice and looks like a legit weapon; his spot is completely safe. They won't IR him and honestly no one cares about depth WRs being signed outside the potential of Noah Brown so the team will go 6 deep at WR.
Switzer is your PR and Beasley probably leads the team in catches.
Switzer being able to take some of those Beasley routes is huge for this team as Dak has insane success going to Beasley.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

He may be at his ceiling, however, I don't think any of the guys you have making the team have shown that they can even reach his level of play. And considering how affordable TWill is, there's no way I deal him, given how often Dez misses games.

*Jaylon Smith is probably are most athletic LB and in the Tampa 2 the WILL LB is the one to make the plays. Sean Lee is good as the WILL,but with Hitchens injury I moved him to the middle. Damien Wilson is going to be gone for most likely 8 games. Wilson can play either OLB position.

The team has already said that they don't think it's best that Jaylon learns more than one position, so it's just not happening. And yes, Wilson can likely play all three LB positions, you have him on the bench for Kyle Wilber who can't play any LB position. And I disagree that he will miss 8 games.

* Switzer is fighting for a spot after his injury he is behind the others. just redshirt him saying he is on IR because if you try to sneak him on the PS it's not going to happen.Someone will claim Switzer. Those 4 WRs Brown, Lenoir, Switzer,and Whatchamacallit will be claimed if cut.

You can't add him to IR for a number of reasons
-Prior to the 53 cut down, you have to release him and IF he clears waivers, you can IR him. Considering he has returned to practice, someone will claim him.
-After the 53 you can IR him, but Switzer can dispute it, as he should considering it's a hamstring. That's a year of not being able to practice/play, he'll likely challenge it.

And as I said earlier, my opinion is most of the young receivers will never be heard from again, so I don't particularly care if anyone claims them

timb2

Reaction score
He may be at his ceiling, however, I don't think any of the guys you have making the team have shown that they can even reach his level of play. And considering how affordable TWill is, there's no way I deal him, given how often Dez misses games.

The team has already said that they don't think it's best that Jaylon learns more than one position, so it's just not happening. And yes, Wilson can likely play all three LB positions, you have him on the bench for Kyle Wilber who can't play any LB position. And I disagree that he will miss 8 games.

You can't add him to IR for a number of reasons
-Prior to the 53 cut down, you have to release him and IF he clears waivers, you can IR him. Considering he has returned to practice, someone will claim him.
-After the 53 you can IR him, but Switzer can dispute it, as he should considering it's a hamstring. That's a year of not being able to practice/play, he'll likely challenge it.

And as I said earlier, my opinion is most of the young receivers will never be heard from again, so I don't particularly care if anyone claims them

*I would trade Terrance Williams. Butler is faster and I believe can give us more plays. Terrance Williams being the starter would give us a better draft pick for next year.

*Jaylon Smith while at Notre Dame lined up as an OLB and as a DE pass rusher. Take the restrictions off Jaylon and let him loose. He could become a very good OLB. I'm seeing Pro Bowl and helping the pass rush because teams will have to count for him at all times freeing up others.Alos I would love Jaylon Smith covering RBs out of the backfield and watching RBs trying to block him on a outside pass rush.

Ryan Switzer =Cole Beasley.Not much of a dropoff... He can heal up and study. We keep all the WRs and none have to be cut. Because Brown, Lenoir, Whatchamacallit will be claimed when cut. Switzer goes to IR he can't be cut unless we do it as a injury compensation loss. During the season if one of the other 3 is falling behind then we activate Switzer and cut that one.

*Damien Wilson is going to be suspended. I don't have a problem with Wilbur being the SAM. . They need to let Wilbur have a full time chance to hold it down. They constantly swap the LBs around with Lee,Hitchens,and Durant because they all can play all 3 positions and Wilbur is a OLB. So Wilbur can't play MLB,big deal. Wilbur can rush the passer and that is what I want. The D-Line needs help because no one has stepped up to be the premeire sackmaster.
More sacks and QB pressures mean more turnovers.

timb2

Reaction score
In some of these highlights you see Jaylon Smith on the outside

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
In some of these highlights you see Jaylon Smith on the outside

LB assignments differ so much from scheme to scheme, that it doesn't really matter. What matters is, here, he has only learned 1 position and it's ILB.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
*Ryan Switzer =Cole Beasley.Not much of a dropoff... He can heal up and study. We keep all the WRs and none have to be cut. Because Brown, Lenoir, Whatchamacallit will be claimed when cut. Switzer goes to IR he can't be cut unless we do it as a injury compensation loss. During the season if one of the other 3 is falling behind then we activate Switzer and cut that one.

I'm just going to say, in order to IR Switzer, which is not going to happen, he has to make the 53 man roster first, then you can IR him and add one of the three WRs you mentioned.