My curser is jumping around on my android when I try to reply.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This was a problem before the new upgrade and I simply turned off the Rich Text and that fixed it.
I don't know what the problem is with the new upgrade.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, John

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) Does it look anything like this?

81466026-48aed600-9209-11ea-89bf-5bc444f4bbe3.gif

2) Is that what your keyboard looks like?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are using GBoard (which is a Google keyboard) for Android, especially on an older android device then that is likely the cause as it is a long-complained about bug that has issues all over the internet, not just in this forum.

Outside of disabling the Rich Text Editor by switching to the BB Code editor (click "[ ]" symbol in the icon menu bar above the post box), there is nothing I can do to fix it.

With the old site, you did the same thing it just was an account setting. The new version sets it per device so that way you can use the BB Code editor on your android device and still use the rich text editor on your other devices.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If you are using GBoard (which is a Google keyboard) for Android, especially on an older android device then that is likely the cause as it is a long-complained about bug that has issues all over the internet, not just in this forum.

Outside of disabling the Rich Text Editor by switching to the BB Code editor (click "[ ]" symbol in the icon menu bar above the post box), there is nothing I can do to fix it.

With the old site, you did the same thing it just was an account setting. The new version sets it per device so that way you can use the BB Code editor on your android device and still use the rich text editor on your other devices.
I think I figured it out.
Turned off the rich text , I believe.
My android is only 6 months old.
My cursor would jump back a few letters as I was typing.
Anyway thanks for all your help!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

My key board does not have the Google icon in the upper left corner