Mario Williams
D'Brick Ferguson
AJ Hawk
Veron Davis
Michael Huff
Haloti Ngata
Jay Cutler

by the way i think most of those will go in that order. jmo

so that leaves 7 more before us, it can get a little unpredictable here, but ill take a stab at it.

11. Brodrick Bunkley
12. Winston Justice
13. D'Angelo Williams
14. Ernie Sims
15. Tamba Hall
16. Manny Lawson
17. Santonio Holmes

and NOW your Dallas Cowboys are on the clock...heres whats left of the best

A. Chad Greenway
B. Kameron Wimbley
C. Chad Jackson
D. Demeco Ryans
E. Lendale White
F. Bobby Carpenter
G. Jimmy Williams
H. Davin Joseph
I. Nick Mangold

that leave 9 possibilties, i seriously doubt of all the players ive listed, that we would pick someone else thats not listed above, if you think we would please give us the palyer...so onto to the remaining 9...

first of all, of the 9 remaining players let me say i could live with any of them at 18.

so what do we do?
with Greenway, Wimbley, Ryans and Carpenter still on the board, i think we can afford to trade down, which is probably our best option.

if we stay at 18....ill predict we take Greenway or Carpenter,

if it were me i would try to trade the pick and stockpile a couple more 1st day picks.

lastly if anyone else wants to predict what we would do in that scenario, please feel free.

ejthedj

Reaction score
I did something like this before...

I would change the list of 7 a little

Bunkley
Sims
Justice
One of the receivers
One of the defensive backs

That's 15 picks -- leaving two before us and this list left
Wimbley
Lawson
Carpenter
Other receiver
Othe DBs from Jimmy Williams/Cromartie/Whitner/Hill/Joseph/Allen
Deangelo Williams

And I think your list of OLine are all 2nd round picks...

So choose from the 3 LBs and the multiple DBs -- I guess Lawson and
either Wimbley/another DB will be gone...probably making the list:

Bunkley
Sims
Justice
Jackson
Lawson
Williams
and i hope Cromartie, but maybe Wimbley

That leaves us with Carpenter, maybe Wimbley, and probably like Joseph or Cromartie or Tye Hill

We'll be lucky to have our choice of two of the three LBs -- let's root for someone to take a RB and both WR to go -- that would make our options better.

But I think the Wimbley/Lawson fans are probably going to be disappointed

CowboyChris

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind Lawson, but i get the feeling he will be gone before 18

blindzebra

Reaction score
If OLB is our target we cannot trade down when SD, NE and SF are right behind us.

We take Carpenter at 18 if he's still available.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
If OLB is our target we cannot trade down when SD, NE and SF are right behind us.

We take Carpenter at 18 if he's still available.

I agree if LB is the target we can not trade down at all. But IMO Lawson is the pick

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Lawson is the guy I want them to get. Thankfully I think they should make out alright whether it be Lawson, Wimbley or Carpenter.

But Lawson is a guy that seems to be more than a workout warrior. He had 10.5 sacks last year and did it when Mario Williams got off to a slow start. Also, having watched him play throughout the year his speed translates on the field as he's got that rare closing speed. The only other guys that really have his type of closing speed in my mind are Hawk and Huff.

35" arms (longer than Ware's) and runs a 4.41 and was productive in college.

They have a decent shot of getting him since he's probably on a rice cake diet and that will scare 4-3 teams of putting him at DE and he probably doesn't fit in as a 4-3 SLB. So his true position in the league is 3-4 OLB. I doubt SF takes him at #6 (they'll go after Vernon Davis). Miami has issues elsewhere and finished 2nd in sacks last season. Cleveland is the key, but their run defense was putrid last year, especially up the middle and they did sign McGinest. Thus, I have them grabbing Ngata.

Rich..............