My Draft redo

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
1. Avila starts at LG now moves to C next year when Tylers contract is up
2. Hyatt gives us a deep threat we haven't had in forever to open up things underneath. Way better than a meaningless TE.
3. Ika isn't far off from Mazi and he is 2 rounds later
4. Israel Abanikanda is a 20 year old stud with a massive burst to make plays.
5. Karl Brooks gives us another inside guy who can get to the passer. Also an option to switch to the 3-4.
6. Zach Kuntz better prospect than Shoemaker. Got him 3 rounds later.
7. Hunter Luepke shoulda been drafted just to ensure no one coulda taken him. He will make the team and play a lot.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
2. Hyatt gives us a deep threat we haven't had in forever to open up things underneath. Way better than a meaningless TE.
5. Karl Brooks gives us another inside guy who can get to the passer. Also an option to switch to the 3-4.
7. Hunter Luepke shoulda been drafted just to ensure no one coulda taken him. He will make the team and play a lot.
I mean to be fair, so many teams were so high on Hyatt. 10th WR taken, kind of indicates that your evaluation wasnt widely held.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I mean to be fair, so many teams were so high on Hyatt. 10th WR taken, kind of indicates that your evaluation wasnt widely held.
That's fine but he wont be that at years end and I can't wait to tell everyone I told ya so.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Kuntz is not a better prospect than Schoon. They both run a 4.6 but Kuntz can't block and Schoon is the best in the draft.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I am not sure what I think of our draft class. My initial thought is it is not great but we will see. A lot of questions and Dallas hasn’t had success with this types of drafts previously. They have been better at evaluating talent in the middle rounds though.

Even though I don’t know a lot of the prospects and did want more offensive juice, I think I prefer their actual draft to your redo though.

ghst187

Reaction score
I am not sure what I think of our draft class. My initial thought is it is not great but we will see. A lot of questions and Dallas hasn’t had success with this types of drafts previously. They have been better at evaluating talent in the middle rounds though.

Even though I don’t know a lot of the prospects and did want more offensive juice, I think I prefer their actual draft to your redo though.
I thought it was a disaster, I like the redo much better. Liked some of our later picks better than early picks. I don’t feel like we got any immediate starters moved the needle much at all.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
These are definitely names that several on here have mentioned. What that means, I don't know. Your redo might end up better and it might not. Most likely some of yours will end up better than who we drafted at the same position, but that would make sense considering value.

For example, Avila should be better than Richards since he was taken four rounds earlier, and Mazi should be better than Ika, but how much better each of them are than their counterparts will be what matters.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
In a terrible WR class the Giants desperate for a WR took him in round 3.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Kuntz is not a better prospect than Schoon. They both run a 4.6 but Kuntz can't block and Schoon is the best in the draft.
If we drafted Washington I’m sure he woulda been the best in the draft. Whatever makes your narrative

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
If we drafted Washington I’m sure he woulda been the best in the draft. Whatever makes your narrative
Sure giants woulda taken him round 2 but they got the best center in the draft one pick before us. They are gonna be dangerous this year. They’ll prob have a better record than us.

Hardline

Reaction score
Ill trade yours for the one we got.;

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I like the actual draft much better and they did it without knowing who would be available at subsequent picks. I’ve seen Kunitz play live 5-6 times over that past 2 years and nothing ever stood out to me to make me think he was an NFL player. All I really remember is having some childish fun with my friends mispronouncing his name.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s much easier when you have the benefit of knowing what everyone else did along the way and who would be available later.

There was much less talent overall as compared to the last handful of drafts and we were picking late.

If Mazi finally fixes run stoppage and LS helps us get into 2nd and 4 instead of 2nd and 9 more often….anything else is gravy.

Dalton Schultz was a 4th rounder iirc. Many fans were happy with him. If you want a guy who can actually not whiff on blocks, and do it immediately, and not for 9 million a year, it’s costs you two rounds. Oh well. They felt like they had to have that and I don’t disagree, and proves MM isn’t kidding about running the ball.

I wanted things to go a little differently as well, but I think they got better as a team, even if it may not seem like it.

Really, the problem lies in there being more holes than draft picks, but we knew that beforehand.

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
Terrible. And you used a lot of hindsight.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I thought it was a disaster, I like the redo much better. Liked some of our later picks better than early picks. I don’t feel like we got any immediate starters moved the needle much at all.
You like familiarity, and spent time hoping for those players. We didn't get some of the more known players we wanted so now the ones we got suck because we read some websites and watched highlights and.we just could never be wrong.

Ever.

An intelligent person can tell by their picks that a lot of work went into this draft.

I think it fits us well.

IKa has like a 2 RAS..like he's a blob..our guy is 9.99.

We already have.players like him.

Most of us half-assed do this for fun for a few months a year to fend off football withdraws..

They do it year round, and have earned the benefit of the doubt.

Or have they?

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That's fine but he wont be that at years end and I can't wait to tell everyone I told ya so.
If you're wrong, will you also come with that same enthisiasm and say "y'all told me so."?

Or is it only when you're right?

I'm asking because I never noticed that being the case.