My Dream 2 round Dallas Mock

DLCassidy

Reaction score
11. Trade down with St. Louis in exhange for the 19th and 50th picks.

19. Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame. Tuck can rush the passer and can be converted to OLB in a 3-4 scheme. He's played against top competition and done well.
20. Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma. Clayton is a bit small, but otherwise may be the most complete receiver in the draft and could have an immediate impact as a rookie in the slot.
42. Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee. It's possible he could be gone by now because he had a solid combine but this guy can flat out play.
50. Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska. The cover FS we need. Should start imediately.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
Too high for Tuck and I don't like Clayton's lack of size.
I do like the 2nd round picks though.

Pressure players ALWAYS go early, sometimes earlier than they should but that's the way it is. Complaining about that is like saying you overpaid for free agents- yeah you do but you have to do it or you won't sign anyone. By pick 19 Merriman and James will already be taken. Tuck is the next OLB/DE guy to go and he might well go to Jacksonville at 21. Since this is the # 1 priority for Dallas you can't risk getting stuck with a 2nd tier player like a Demarcus Ware or a David Pollack. Tuck is a baller. I look at Merriman and I wonder is he'll be as good a football player as he is an athlete. And getting the extra 2nd gives us the OLB we need to complete a strong front 7.

Clayton is a guy that plays bigger than he is. He has great leaping ability, catches everything in sight and runs a 4.4. He makes plays and he's not a project like a Williamson. He has better hands than Braylon Edwards and he's way faster than Mike Williams. Lee Evans of Buffalo is the same size as Clayton and he went at 13 last year and had a great rookie season with Bledsoe throwing to him. We would not be disapointed with Clayton.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
I agree with you that pressure players do go higher than they should but given that we don't have a mock draft board I can't say who I would take at #19 in this thread's scenario but mosts draft sites have Tuck as a 2nd rounder. There would be a better value player to get at 19.
As far as Clayton, I think he would be a very strong WR to get if we had a Stl Rams type of offense, with our current offensive style I'd like a bigger WR and some boards are already placing Williamson ahead of Clayton.
Never the less I think you're arguement is very sound and strong. I just see it a little differently.
To each his own.....

ghst187

Reaction score
If we trade down, I hope we look at Blackstock, Marlin Jackson if he's still on the board, Jonathan Goddard, Tuck, Terrence Murphy, Williamson, Munoz,
or maybe.....
parlay a pick into next year's first round so we can move up and get Ahmad Brooks. If we get a starting LBer and FS this year and Ahmad next...we'd have a pretty nasty D.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
I agree with you that pressure players do go higher than they should but given that we don't have a mock draft board I can't say who I would take at #19 in this thread's scenario but mosts draft sites have Tuck as a 2nd rounder. There would be a better value player to get at 19.
As far as Clayton, I think he would be a very strong WR to get if we had a Stl Rams type of offense, with our current offensive style I'd like a bigger WR and some boards are already placing Williamson ahead of Clayton.
Never the less I think you're arguement is very sound and strong. I just see it a little differently.
To each his own.....

If I said Matt Roth 19, Troy Williamson 20 would you like that better? 19 could be a little early for Tuck, I just like the player and I know he won't last until 42. Matt Roth has been moving up the charts. I like Williamson, he's bigger and faster than Clayton, but football isn't played on a track. He's already a deep threat but he'll take time to develop into a complete receiver. Clayton already is. Also I think the Williamson hype may drive him up well before he should go, probably before 19.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
11. Trade down with St. Louis in exhange for the 19th and 50th picks.

19. Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame. Tuck can rush the passer and can be converted to OLB in a 3-4 scheme. He's played against top competition and done well.
20. Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma. Clayton is a bit small, but otherwise may be the most complete receiver in the draft and could have an immediate impact as a rookie in the slot.
42. Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee. It's possible he could be gone by now because he had a solid combine but this guy can flat out play.
50. Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska. The cover FS we need. Should start imediately.

You have really low expectations.

My dream draft would go like this:

#11-Derrick Johnson

#20-Troy Williamson

#42-Matt Roth

Whatever the other pick is-(I don't recall at the moment, but I know who will be available at that time)Micheal Munoz

I would be doing a happy dance if that draft were to happen and I think that actually has a pretty good chance of happening now so I have my fingers crossed.:pray2:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I like it.

How bout...

#19- DeMarcus Ware OLB
#20- Roddy White WR
#42- Justin Tuck DE
#50- Eric Shelton RB

ghst187

Reaction score
Ok, I'll throw mine out there:
1a: Mike Williams
1b: Derrick Johnson (I know I'm dreaming)
2: Trade down to late 2nd, acquire a third get: Josh Bullocks
3: Jonathan Goddard
4: don't care
5: G Sam Mayes
Rest of draft: don't care