CFZ My Dream NFL format

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes, based on position and years of service. Then performance based pay to determine the rest of their yearly pay. there are more than enough metrics now a days to accurately & fairly reward players for their contributions.

If backup RB has to play due to injury and puts up All Pro season, he should get rewarded accordingly.
This is exactly my point/perspective. Unknown player comes in and dominates the league he should be paid for it. The all pro and the backup would work just as hard because their money is involved. This would avoid someone like Albert Haynesworth who signs a huge contract then literally lays around on the job.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is exactly my point/perspective. Unknown player comes in and dominates the league he should be paid for it. The all pro and the backup would work just as hard because their money is involved. This would avoid someone like Albert Haynesworth who signs a huge contract then literally lays around on the job.

I'm sure the owner would be all for it, but players union, no. Their is no security for players no way would they give that up

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This thread boils down to wanting a system where teams aren't punished for making bad player personnel decisions.

Understandable, given the Cowboys front office structure and performance, but a non-starter with players in a CBA.

plymkr

Reaction score
This thread boils down to wanting a system where teams aren't punished for making bad player personnel decisions.

Understandable, given the Cowboys front office structure and performance, but a non-starter with players in a CBA.
I'm trying to think of a system that rewards teams for drafting well, players for playing well and keeping the players motivated after they get paid. Again this is my "dream system", emphasis on the word dream. I know the player's union wouldn't go for it and the superstars of the league would fight it. They like their guaranteed contracts and agents like their cuts and notoriety. So I'm just dreaming about a system that I know wouldn't work. And I'm enjoying a discussion that is not about Dak, Jerry or other negative stuff.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Of course then, the NFLPU screams bloody murder at that point.

But they shouldn't because a better system allows every player to more fully earn their worth. The total dollars paid out to players wouldn't change it would just be distributed differently. If the Players Union truly represents all players, it would be viewed as a win.

Agents would see their power diminished or eliminated. Not sure that is a bad thing ... unless you work in that cottage industry.