My early mock first 2 rounds

Sydla

Reaction score
I also like jordan mims from fresno state. The guy just ran thru everybody. Depending on his workouts I think Dallas could get him anywhere from 5th -7th. 16 tds this yr.

I think that big back can wait a yr because Elliot isn't going anywhere in 2023
Then that's total roster mismanagement. He certainly can't be here at his current cap hit. You sure as **** aren't going to restructure him because that just kicks money into future years when he's going to be worse than he is now and already has massive cap hits.

And even is you cut his salary from $11 million to $1 million for next year, he's still like a $7 million cap hit which is preposterous for a backup TB.

He needs to be cut and if the Jones don't, it's just a continuation of their overall roster stupidity.

Reactions: Ken

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I also like jordan mims from fresno state. The guy just ran thru everybody. Depending on his workouts I think Dallas could get him anywhere from 5th -7th. 16 tds this yr.

I think that big back can wait a yr because Elliot isn't going anywhere in 2023
I just think Zeke is done as running back. He is an old school fullback now. Zeke has lots of respect from the team and I can’t see them taking reps/carries from him for a younger more explosive back. I hope they cut Zeke. That would tell me more about the Joneses if they did. The Rams got rid of Gurley and he had more tread left on the tire then Zeke has now.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
These tenn wrs are mismatch magnets
Keep an eye on Bru McCoy. Had some off-the-field issues at USC but is a monster on the field. Strong as heck, he was considered the betetr prospect over Drake London when they were at USC.

Ken

Reaction score
ROUND 1
Jahmyr Gibbs RB BAMA
Tony pollard at a fraction of the cost. His stop and go is insane. This kid wastes no movements getting upfield. Let him fill the role pollard played this yr. Elliot will be back this yr, after 2023 I doubt it. And Gibbs will have a nfl yr under his belt to take over.

ROUND 2
Jalin Hyatt WR Tenn
This is the kid to take the top off the defense. Teaming him with Lamb and Gallup, would be a big boost.
I would love this draft!

Jalin Hyatt is a must for me.

RB is a must and warming to the idea of 1st round to make sure we get one that can play.

Ken

Reaction score
I still can't do it. I am probably being irrational but investing that much in what has been shown can be a fungible position is tough to swallow. I mean we are all hoping they find a way to bring back Pollard, who was our best TB this year, and he's a playmaker with speed we found in the later rounds.

To me, use those high picks on lineman and maybe a WR. Then come back with a kid like McIntosh from UGA in the middle rounds. Or Zach Evans from Ole Miss who has decent speed and ridiculous short area quickness.
I feel the same but I also agree it is more palatable at 26.

Having said that, if we have to grab Hyatt at 26 (if possible) then I am fine with whatever good back is there in the 2nd.

Sydla

Reaction score
I feel the same but I also agree it is more palatable at 26.

Having said that, if we have to grab Hyatt at 26 (if possible) then I am fine with whatever good back is there in the 2nd.
WIth the issues on defense, especially DT and likely LB (LVE could be gone and Barr kinda stunk anyway), using your two best picks on a TB and a WR just seems pretty ridiculous to me. I get BPA and that's how it may fall but when you are a franchise that claims you use the draft to fill your biggest needs, taking a WR and TB 1-2.................. ehhh

Ken

Reaction score
WIth the issues on defense, especially DT and likely LB (LVE could be gone and Barr kinda stunk anyway), using your two best picks on a TB and a WR just seems pretty ridiculous to me. I get BPA and that's how it may fall but when you are a franchise that claims you use the draft to fill your biggest needs, taking a WR and TB 1-2.................. ehhh
Just my initial want.

Hyatt, after watching just now some more...looks like a top 20 player. Seems like he will run a 4.3 to me.

So I am on board with a nasty DT too.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I would love this draft!

Jalin Hyatt is a must for me.

RB is a must and warming to the idea of 1st round to make sure we get one that can play.
Him and Robinson are the type of rb who should be considered in round 1. Fast and can catch. What separates these 2 from the rest is while they're smaller they like to hit it inside too.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just my initial want.

Hyatt, after watching just now some more...looks like a top 20 player. Seems like he will run a 4.3 to me.

So I am on board with a nasty DT too.
Problem is there doesn't appear to be much at DT in that 20-40 range. So WR and TB might be the best options. Or CB, which they could use.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Problem is there doesn't appear to be much at DT in that 20-40 range. So WR and TB might be the best options. Or CB, which they could use.
I am hoping that we make a serious push to EVERYONE's surprise for Daron Payne.

I think we will. We are familiar with him by playing every year and he is young.

Will Washington let him hit FA though?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Then that's total roster mismanagement. He certainly can't be here at his current cap hit. You sure as **** aren't going to restructure him because that just kicks money into future years when he's going to be worse than he is now and already has massive cap hits.

And even is you cut his salary from $11 million to $1 million for next year, he's still like a $7 million cap hit which is preposterous for a backup TB.

He needs to be cut and if the Jones don't, it's just a continuation of their overall roster stupidity.

Yea, even if he takes a paycut it hurts us. He HAS to go.

Toro9

Reaction score
I'm pretty much convinced that a 1st round pick for a RB doesn't pay off as well as it does at most other positions. Initially, maybe. But guys who tend to get hit 20 times a game typically don't last long. There are exceptions of course.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yea, even if he takes a paycut it hurts us. He HAS to go.
Because of the previous restructure, even cutting his base in 2023 to the league vet minimum would still leave us with a large cap hit for what's essentially a backup TB.

He needs to go. It's the most obvious choice if this team was well run. But unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith in the Jones boys to do what's right.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First round TB is just a no go for me.

I guess I've been scarred by the Elliott experience.
I can get with a player like Gibbs this deep in the first. More so because of what he adds to the passing game. I think you are looking at a 70 catch a year guy in Gibbs

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, when you look at the mocks and big boards, there appears to be a real void in DTs in that 15-40 range.

I just can't get behind a TB in the first. Whiplash from Zeke.
I actually think thats going to be a good range for DT's. I think Gervon Dexter will be in our range. I think the media is underrating Tuli Tuipulotu. I think he is a top 30 guy. Mazi Smith should go in that range, and I think if you extend it out to our 2nd round pick you can add Keanu Benton and Kondre Corbin.