My Experience at the Linc

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Philadelphia is the only city that I'll never go to another game at. They could be hosting the Super Bowl for some reason and I wouldn't go the see the Cowboys win if I had free tickets for a luxury box.

Four years ago I went with 3 friends, one of whom was a Eagles fan. We were minding our own business walking through the parking lot when 6 guys jumped us. They were trying to even beat the Eagles fan simply for being our friend.

With two of us being former college wrestlers, one former college D-lineman, and one guy that could take the other three by himself, we were holding our own until four or five more people decided that it was a sin that we weren't being properly beaten.

Needless to say, security was nowhere to be found.

I hate the litigous nature of our society, but someone is going to have to sue the team and city for a serious injury before anything changes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Byrdman1531 said:
First of I would like to mention that I had a thread earlier about if I should wear my Cowboy gear to the game but I bailed at the last second, and it was a very good idea.

You cannot put into words how bad the Eagles fans are. They take it WAY to personal and it goes WAY beyond watching a football game. Sure ill mess with my friends who are Eagles fans but they take it way to far.

Two guys near me wore a Cowboys shirt and a Bill Bates jersey and they didnt last till halftime, they had to leave cuase they couldnt take it, CONSTANT cursing and shoving and they couldnt take it. The person 2 rows in front of him made a remark about Bates being dead for so many years and something about his di** and his mom but i cannot remember clearly. But back to the game.

From what I saw we looked horrible and we played like that all game. Six minutes left in the fourth quarter after the EAgles picked up we left. Partially becuase Dallas had no chance and the other part was two guys behind us screaming at the top of their lungs "DALLAS SUCKS, DALLAS SUCKS" for probably all of the fourth quarter NONSTOP.

So we left along with ALOT of people who knew the game was over. By the time we got to the car we turned on the radio and heard, "If dallas can hit the extra point, they will take the lead". I was speechless, I did not know if it was a joke someone was playing but there was no way i believed waht was happening but sure enough they came back.

I still cannot get over how I could have witnessed one of the best comebacks in YEARS for the Cowboys becuase of the Fans around me. Man I wish i could talk to those guys behind me NOW.

But to sum it up, Eagles fans are classeless, and I made a very very stupid mistake.

GO COWBOYS and "EAGLES SUCK, EAGLES SUCK!!!"
I'm officially jealous of you because I would love to see a game like that in person.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I've never been to a game in Philly, and I never will. I went to a Raiders game back when they were in L.A. and swore I'd never go to another stadium filled with such loser fans again. Very similar stuff to what has been described in Philly.

I have been to games at stadiums of other teams (Rams, Chargers, & Panthers) and never had any problems wearing my Cowboys stuff. The fans might turn and make a comment after a big play but nothing vulgar or personal.

I would have to say it is a toss-up as to which team has the worst fans, the Raiders or the Eagles. If anyone here has been to both stadiums, please give us your opinion on which fans are the worst.

Most here would probably say the Eagles since they are a rival of ours but to me that is what made the Raiders fans' behavior even more despicable, we aren't even a rival of theirs and in fact when I went was in the 80s and we weren't very good. The people I know that have been to several Raiders games have said that they are like that no matter who they are playing but they are even worse when it is the Broncos or Chiefs, if you can imagine that.

Byrdman1531

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31 said:
Yeah and all the fans in our section were pissed because the guy in the Kearse jersey got in the way of her/him/it.

yea i noticed the guy in her/him/its way also LOL..

..also before the dude got kicked out he was telling the guy in the Bates jersey, "Now why couldnt you have come and just watch the game and not make any comments" when he was the one who started it after Westbrooks first TD

I cant stand that

jcblanco22

Reaction score
fortdick said:
This is a shame! Why doesn't the league do something about this situation? If a fan cannot go to a game without risking harrassment or harm, I would think that a discrimination suit could be brought against the Eagles organization. Stranget things are in court all the time.

I work at a prison as an administrator, I once got sued by a convict because I transferred his cellmate to another prison. He claimed I broke up their common law marraige! No ****! It got into court!

Anyway, why can't the Eagles organization be held liable for creating an unsafe and hostile environment?

Exactly what I was thinking (the part about the Eagles being held liable, not the thing about the prison marriage, LOL).

Uppity, you need to wisen your buddy up and encourage him to file a suit against Lincoln Financial and the team if he's not already thinking of doing so. Like fort said in his post, much more outrageous things have gotten into court and resulted in either a victory and court-awarded settlement, or a nice out-of-court settlement.

I'm sure you guys saw right through the Linc's security folks' "good deeds" of giving him a free shirt, etc. as a nervous attempt at placating what should be a slam-dunk lawsuit. A sharp attorney would have no problem putting a case together and even being able to dig up concrete evidence of this being a pattern over the years. Physical trauma, emotional trauma, you name it, your buddy is the victim of all that and much more.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
I swear next year I'm going to the Philly/Boys game in Dallas and if I see any Eagles fans, well, let's just say I'll get banned from this message board if I post what I'll say to them

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Giant fans are tough but ultimately OK. I've been to Giant stadium a number of times...the last being the 35-32 Monday night game...I wore a Cowboy's jacket and had no problems.

I was also at Texas Stadium for a Commander game.

There was a guy a couple of rows in front of us waving a rather large Commanders banner and no one gave him a rough time.

Philly is only a hour or so from NYC. I've been tempted to go there for a Cowboys game but haven't because of the rep Eagles fans have.

Last night couldn't have happened to a more deserving home crowd. :D

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I was also at Texas Stadium for a Commander game.

There was a guy a couple of rows in front of us waving a rather large Commanders banner and no one gave him a rough time.

and why the hell not?

people at Texas Stadium just let opposing fans come to their house and wave their team's flag without saying something back?

that's not being polite, that's being a p****

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
and why the hell not?

people at Texas Stadium just let opposing fans come to their house and wave their team's flag without saying something back?

that's not being polite, that's being a p****

Well Mr Testosterone :) when I say they didn't give him a rough time, I mean to say, no one beat the hell out of him or dumped beer on him. They abused him verbally...and made sure he put his flag down when a play was being run.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
:D

I wasn't meaning you individually, just ppl in general

I know anyone from this board is no pushover

Oh, I know that...I was just busting on ya. :D

I've always felt the Cowboy fans are a bit too reserved at Texas Stadium.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
When we were down for the Commanders game this year we were by a good sized group of Commanders fans. No way did they get harassed beyond the verbal barbs.

If I was roughed up at the stadium by Eagles fans I'd sue the pants off of them. Only takes one time to get enough bad publicity to get those neanderthals under control with some decent security.

Also, good on Roy for mentioning that the bus got egged. I hope we see that clip all week and it's a continual embarassment for Philly.

Pathetic.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Byrdman1531 said:
First of I would like to mention that I had a thread earlier about if I should wear my Cowboy gear to the game but I bailed at the last second, and it was a very good idea.

You cannot put into words how bad the Eagles fans are. They take it WAY to personal and it goes WAY beyond watching a football game. Sure ill mess with my friends who are Eagles fans but they take it way to far.

Two guys near me wore a Cowboys shirt and a Bill Bates jersey and they didnt last till halftime, they had to leave cuase they couldnt take it, CONSTANT cursing and shoving and they couldnt take it. The person 2 rows in front of him made a remark about Bates being dead for so many years and something about his di** and his mom but i cannot remember clearly. But back to the game.

From what I saw we looked horrible and we played like that all game. Six minutes left in the fourth quarter after the EAgles picked up we left. Partially becuase Dallas had no chance and the other part was two guys behind us screaming at the top of their lungs "DALLAS SUCKS, DALLAS SUCKS" for probably all of the fourth quarter NONSTOP.

So we left along with ALOT of people who knew the game was over. By the time we got to the car we turned on the radio and heard, "If dallas can hit the extra point, they will take the lead". I was speechless, I did not know if it was a joke someone was playing but there was no way i believed waht was happening but sure enough they came back.

I still cannot get over how I could have witnessed one of the best comebacks in YEARS for the Cowboys becuase of the Fans around me. Man I wish i could talk to those guys behind me NOW.

But to sum it up, Eagles fans are classeless, and I made a very very stupid mistake.

GO COWBOYS and "EAGLES SUCK, EAGLES SUCK!!!"

I was at the Vet for the 2002 Eagles/Dallas game. I'm a hardy football vet that has been to many a Patriot and Giant game and have seen some fan issues/fighting in the day but nothing compared to what I've seen/heard of at the Vet.

I too chose to go in to watch a football game and felt putting on Dallas garb would lead to nothing but grief. I'm a big guy and stand my own but few can relate to how nuts Philly fans are.

For a Sunday game the fans were in the parking lots drinking at 4 and 5 in the morning as if they hadn't stopped from the night before. For a Monday night game my guess is the average fan started in at noon. What then happens is borderline Riot mentality. It almost becomes a mass attack on opposing teams fans.....

I saw the Pats in the late 80's to early 90's and they had the same issue. They to their credit stopped selling bear to selling LA bear to flat out taking season tickets way from idiots. Then they upped the prices and its now a very enjoyable game. I'd take my 11 year old son to a Pat game, not an Eagle game.

Its up to Eagle management to fix this - its an embarrasment.

I'd pay $10G to have been there as Roy was running down the sidelines......

Byrdman1531

Reaction score
i still cant get over leaving early.. thats a once in a lifetime thing that will happen

but i was riding with Eagles fans also and they wanted to leave so basically I had no choice but to stay..

calico

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
I saw the same thing. I saw the fans physically and verbally harrassed the entire game. It really is an embarrassment. I know most Cowboys fans would identify the Commanders as our most hated rival, but for me, it will always be the Eagles, and it's because of their fans.

I actually respect the Commanders franchise and history somewhat. I wouldn't piss on the eagles to put out a fire. I have met one cool Eagle fan in my life and he was from Texas...poor, misguided soul he is.

I have SB programs of every SB Dallas played in hanging on my walls and I constantly point them out to him. It is all in good fun, but Eagle fans can take it too far.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
the best part of winning last night was when they panned the camera around to all those eagle fans with their stupid looks on their faces.......................loved it.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
the best part of winning last night was when they panned the camera around to all those eagle fans with their stupid looks on their faces.......................loved it.

This win was better then the 1st win against Philly. They sooo thought they had the win and the game was over. Then outta nowhere they lost. The best reactions came after that McNabb INT.

Seeing the pain Eagle fans were going through was almost as good as our win.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
Best was look on McNabbs moms face - she was horrified!

I feel horrified when I see McNabb's mom's face. I think I should sue for mental anguish. I stopped buying Chunky soup when she and McChunky started appearing in the commercials.