My Fanalysis - Cowboys vs. Bears

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Offense:
Romo - LOL... all mediots always preface anything about Romo with the botched snap from last year. Go ahead, keep it up. The guy looks like he never wants to lose a game. A non QB play that is most certainly not even on his mind this year. He made some great throws. A couple of risky ones... but hey... as he goes the Dallas Cowboys.

Crayton was a liability last night. He could have cost us the game.

Julius looked like he was really gonna break a few last night.

Marion "I will not go down without a fight" Barber... just Wow...
I would like to see more RB's catching out of the backfield

TO - well we wanted to see a game changer, a playmaker. We have that and THIS YEAR it shows. Thats to Garrett and Wade and TO. When the game was in the balance TO stepped up and made some tough catches. 145 yards... I think he offset the penalty yards for the team LOL

I saw Flo just stand there on a few plays. Wow.

Bigg came up "Big".... I saw the big man running down the field and leading the charge. He is still giddy about being a cowboy and he looks like he would be upset with himself if he let Jerry and/or Tony down.

Colombo is a bad man.

Defense:
I could never bash Roy... but what the heck was that.. he bumped the guy 25 yards upfield instead of tackling him... come on Roy. I could have sworn that I saw Hamlin come in a make that tackle and then get up and look at roy like "what the ??" were you thinking

Hamlin will get better now that Tnew is in there.

Henry is showing up for the game. Big time.

Tnew - back to the newspaper imitation

It seems like week after week we are getting more pressure and pushing O-lines into the backfield. good news.

Special Teams:
Hester - non-issue. Fumblin' bumblin.

Folk - looked good. Was that first kick low? is that why it was blocked? or do Chicago just make a good play?

McHigher - the guy is all world. He was hit a few times in the beginning on two kicks. I thought it should have been a couple of flags.

Coaching:

Wade seemed frustrated with calls. Looked unsure of where we were going.... The Team stepped up and got it done.

Garrett - it seems that we are either starting off slow... is it because teams are fresh from the start and we wear them down.... or is it that we are just a slow starting team.... i guess time will teall

RomoIsBack

Reaction score
roy be doin some dumb stuff i couldin belive he did that just go for the tackle

khiladi

Reaction score
That play though was on Ayodele... Roy came over to help out on Olsen, and had a bad angle on the tackle, though he still needs to freakin' wrap the guy up...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
khiladi;1667547 said:
That play though was on Ayodele... Roy came over to help out on Olsen, and had a bad angle on the tackle, though he still needs to freakin' wrap the guy up...

I dont know... he was able to line him up for a solid hit... why not try and get his waist or legs.... man that was upsetting....

Did you see Hamlin look at Roy after he tackled Olsen?

FCBarca

Reaction score
YoMick;1666584 said:
Offense:
Romo - LOL... all mediots always preface anything about Romo with the botched snap from last year. Go ahead, keep it up. The guy looks like he never wants to lose a game. A non QB play that is most certainly not even on his mind this year. He made some great throws. A couple of risky ones... but hey... as he goes the Dallas Cowboys.

Crayton was a liability last night. He could have cost us the game.

Julius looked like he was really gonna break a few last night.

Marion "I will not go down without a fight" Barber... just Wow...
I would like to see more RB's catching out of the backfield

TO - well we wanted to see a game changer, a playmaker. We have that and THIS YEAR it shows. Thats to Garrett and Wade and TO. When the game was in the balance TO stepped up and made some tough catches. 145 yards... I think he offset the penalty yards for the team LOL

I saw Flo just stand there on a few plays. Wow.

Bigg came up "Big".... I saw the big man running down the field and leading the charge. He is still giddy about being a cowboy and he looks like he would be upset with himself if he let Jerry and/or Tony down.

Colombo is a bad man.

Defense:
I could never bash Roy... but what the heck was that.. he bumped the guy 25 yards upfield instead of tackling him... come on Roy. I could have sworn that I saw Hamlin come in a make that tackle and then get up and look at roy like "what the ??" were you thinking

Hamlin will get better now that Tnew is in there.

Henry is showing up for the game. Big time.

Tnew - back to the newspaper imitation

It seems like week after week we are getting more pressure and pushing O-lines into the backfield. good news.

Special Teams:
Hester - non-issue. Fumblin' bumblin.

Folk - looked good. Was that first kick low? is that why it was blocked? or do Chicago just make a good play?

McHigher - the guy is all world. He was hit a few times in the beginning on two kicks. I thought it should have been a couple of flags.

Coaching:
Wade seemed frustrated with calls. Looked unsure of where we were going.... The Team stepped up and got it done.

Garrett - it seems that we are either starting off slow... is it because teams are fresh from the start and we wear them down.... or is it that we are just a slow starting team.... i guess time will teall

Agreed on Crayton, really could've cost us the game right there...7pt swing when it was still a very tight ballgame...Such a strange drop too.

I feel like I complain a lot about Julius but I also thought he was ready to break some off...Too bad for a couple of those panthom calls and his 'injury'...Yesterday, I finally thought that maybe the tandem system has some merit.

TO...Game changer without a doubt but still a lot of drops...Has he always been like this?...I think he did have some of these issues in SF too, can't remember...Guess it's not just the hand.

Roy...Ugggh, things like that really undercut the 'enforcer' tag he covets so much...How can you just pop a big TE like that on an angle?...I know they use kid gloves with RW but somebody tell him if he doesn't wrap up he'll be sitting...Like I said before, that terrific INT late in the game nearly made up for it though...Loved how he spied Rex 'Western Union' on that one from the snap.

Flozell...I see Larry Allen playing in SF and I keep thinking, we kept the wrong lineman.

Davis has to be amped to be playing and winning in Dallas...It shows...I like it

The Hester factor was strange to me...It was definitely a combination of great scheming on the special teams end and great coverage from the unit...But some of those bobbles just seemed pretty uncharacteristic for Hester...Seemed like he bobbled every time...Maybe it didn't figure largely in the headlines but nullifying such a huge part of Chicago's weaponry in taking Hester out was really impressive...Special teams were huge, even with the blocked kick.

Coaching...Garrett is quietly building a resume that is gonna get him hired away I fear, lol...His adjustments at halftime have been consistently momentum building in all the games this season...Terrific work...Running to build the passing game really wasn't working and they didn't stick with it for long...Wonder if Tuna would've stuck with it...I can't honestly get a feel for whether or not Wade is doing something that deserves the credit but the team is actually getting better each week so there's that.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
FCBarca;1667809 said:
I feel like I complain a lot about Julius but I also thought he was ready to break some off...Too bad for a couple of those panthom calls and his 'injury'...Yesterday, I finally thought that maybe the tandem system has some merit.

TO...Game changer without a doubt but still a lot of drops...Has he always been like this?...I think he did have some of these issues in SF too, can't remember...Guess it's not just the hand.

Roy...Ugggh, things like that really undercut the 'enforcer' tag he covets so much...How can you just pop a big TE like that on an angle?...I know they use kid gloves with RW but somebody tell him if he doesn't wrap up he'll be sitting...Like I said before, that terrific INT late in the game nearly made up for it though...Loved how he spied Rex 'Western Union' on that one from the snap.

Flozell...I see Larry Allen playing in SF and I keep thinking, we kept the wrong lineman.

Davis has to be amped to be playing and winning in Dallas...It shows...I like it

The Hester factor was strange to me...It was definitely a combination of great scheming on the special teams end and great coverage from the unit...But some of those bobbles just seemed pretty uncharacteristic for Hester...Seemed like he bobbled every time...Maybe it didn't figure largely in the headlines but nullifying such a huge part of Chicago's weaponry in taking Hester out was really impressive...Special teams were huge, even with the blocked kick.

Coaching...Garrett is quietly building a resume that is gonna get him hired away I fear, lol...His adjustments at halftime have been consistently momentum building in all the games this season...Terrific work...Running to build the passing game really wasn't working and they didn't stick with it for long...Wonder if Tuna would've stuck with it...I can't honestly get a feel for whether or not Wade is doing something that deserves the credit but the team is actually getting better each week so there's that.

Yeah... Julius looks like he is feeding off of Barber and just not getting the same results... but he has looked close on a few.. even 1 or 2 last week.

TO and his drops. They are gonna happen. The hand was never a major reason in my opinion. He has a history of drops... but... some of the drops are tough catches...could they made-YES... should he be hung out to dry for them-NO.... I did notice a stat put up on the screen yesterday during the Giants game for Plaxico... (3 Drops in the game)... I cant remember really seeing them show that... TO has started something....

Flozell boggles my mind. I dont know if LA was better?

Davis - you are right on the money.

Hester - he was worried about Watkins and Killa. They said they were gonna take his head off LOL

My view on Garrett is this.... Jerry has been through alot...winning and losing.... mostly losing over last 10+ years...searching for the right combination of players and coaches... with that said... Garrett will remain in Dallas. Jerry can make it happen... Jerry will make it happen. I trust in that.