K Bailey, Dan

Last spot a choice between:
LB Brinkley, Jasper
DB McCray, Danny

I could see them adding a 4th RB.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Can't see them keeping Gibson on the 53. Hard to believe another team would claim him. Seems like a lock to make it to the PS

Reactions: BAT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't see them keeping Gibson on the 53. Hard to believe another team would claim him. Seems like a lock to make it to the PS

They have a history of keeping developmental OTs that are not ready to be the backup OT.
Weems: Part of 2012 and all of 2013 on the 53 man roster, but Parnell was the #3 OT. (Weems IR for 2014).
Hawkins: All of 2014 on the 53 man roster, but Parnell was #3 OT and Hills was #4 OT.
Brewster: During the Wade era they kept him for a couple of years but he was not the #3 OT.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yes. If the defensive identity is going to be the pass rush, then I think they could justify going long on DL.

Also you have inactives so Ryan Russell is kind of a Super-Practice Squad player. He played well enough to earn a spot but as the 11th DL on the roster he will likely be inactive for games initially. But when injuries happen you have a guy already on the roster who can fill in immediately and rush the passer. That's a luxury very few teams will have this year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I nailed my final roster. Intitially I had Gardner, then removed him. Did not know about Bishop. Had them possibly trading him. But keep him if they could not.
Was hoping they would keep Jenkins, trade one of the DL, like Bishop.

Overall I am happy with the roster. But there could be moves made yet too.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also you have inactives so Ryan Russell is kind of a Super-Practice Squad player. He played well enough to earn a spot but as the 11th DL on the roster he will likely be inactive for games initially. But when injuries happen you have a guy already on the roster who can fill in immediately and rush the passer. That's a luxury very few teams will have this year.

Yes, I assume he will be inactive.
Hardy - Suspended
1. Gregory
2. Lawrence
3. Mincey
4. TCraw
5. JCraw
6. Hayden
7. T. McClain
8. Edwards

Inactive:
Russell
Bishop
Coleman

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I nailed my final roster. Intitially I had Gardner, then removed him. Did not know about Bishop. Had them possibly trading him. But keep him if they could not.
Was hoping they would keep Jenkins, trade one of the DL, like Bishop.

Overall I am happy with the roster. But there could be moves made yet too.

Gardner is the only DL other than Obada that I was certain would not make the 53.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yes, I assume he will be inactive.
Hardy - Suspended
1. Gregory
2. Lawrence
3. Mincey
4. TCraw
5. JCraw
6. Hayden
7. T. McClain
8. Edwards

Inactive:
Russell
Bishop
Coleman

I don't know. I see three inactives and think one might end up off the roster tomorrow.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Inactive:
Russell
Bishop
Coleman

The DT rotation is very interesting to me, I wasn't sold on Coleman's attitude and I'm higher on Hayden that most posters here (which isn't hard) but IMO the 1 Techs are pretty much at the same level. It will be interesting to see how they allocate snaps between the three. Hayden knows the defense better but Bishop is a much better athlete. Coleman is a better pass rusher than any of the other two. Its going to be interesting to see how they allot playing time.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The DT rotation is very interesting to me, I wasn't sold on Coleman's attitude and I'm higher on Hayden that most posters here (which isn't hard) but IMO the 1 Techs are pretty much at the same level. It will be interesting to see how they allocate snaps between the three. Hayden knows the defense better but Bishop is a much better athlete. Coleman is a better pass rusher than any of the other two. Its going to be interesting to see how they allot playing time.

They have 4 that can play the 1tech position.
Hayden: Gets pushed around and is not a pass rusher but plays within the scheme and gets to plays away from him often.
Coleman: Can play the 1tech but is probably a better 3tech. Very quick. Can get out of control and allows himself to get turned against the run.
Bishop: Stout, 1tech only but is very quick for a 1tech. Plays within the scheme and gets to plays away like Marinelli likes.
McClain: Similar to Coleman. A quick gap shooting type that can play 1tech or 3tech but gets out of control at times.