My first ever mock

ejthedj

Reaction score
I'm not a draft guru, but I do follow closely and read a lot during the months leading up to the draft.

I have found that one of the best indicators is paying attention to who the Cowboys meet with. So, this mock is based totally on the post stickied above about the Boys interests (I only took players from the list).

The round projections might be a little off because the draft sites vary so much after round 1-2. But here goes:

2-51) Jarron Gilbert DT/DE
3-69) Rashad Johnson FS
4-97) Jarrett Dillard WR
4-113) Rhett Bomar QB
5-148) Jamie Thomas OG
5-153) Jason Watkins OT
5-comp) Jason Phillips LB
6-189) Jason Williams LB
6-comp) Keenan Lewis CB
7) Rahson Harris DT
7) Roger Allen OG

What do you think? I would be ecstatic with the top 4 picks and very happy to get Phillips and Williams later

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Phillips and Williams wont last that long.

Phillips did get injured, but he should be healed by TC, and every mock and valueboard I have seen has him no later than the 4th.

Williams is surging up the draft charts. I wouldnt be surprised if he went in the 3rd. His measurables are just sick.

ejthedj

Reaction score
Yeah, those were the two I was worried were ranked too low. Maybe dump Bomar and take one of them in 4th?

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Wow! Thats pretty good for you first mock. If we can get Gilbert and Rashard Johnson with our first 2 picks. I will no longer watch anymore of the draft. I would instead celebrate by dancing naked in the streets.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like it especially the first two. I also like the last pick in a OG Allen. I have been reading up on him and think he might be a steal that late in the draft.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2690323 said:
Wow! Thats pretty good for you first mock. If we can get Gilbert and Rashard Johnson with our first 2 picks. I will no longer watch anymore of the draft. I would instead celebrate by dancing naked in the streets.

And that day will forever be known in your neighborhood as Black Saturday......the day the evil nekkid man frollicked from house to house, yard to yard.....without his manzeer, while dangling his twig and berries.

i think im gonna be sick.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Biggems;2690358 said:
And that day will forever be known in your neighborhood as Black Saturday......the day the evil nekkid man frollicked from house to house, yard to yard.....without his manzeer, while dangling his twig and berries.

i think im gonna be sick.
:laugh2:

ejthedj

Reaction score
If we could get the first three and either Phillips or Williams, plus some developmental OL and QB, I'd be ecstatic

Gilbert would make our D downright scary I think

and I love Dillard's production

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I don't think Keenan Lewis lasts that long either, but pretty good mock if those players land in those spots.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
ejthedj;2690259 said:
I'm not a draft guru, but I do follow closely and read a lot during the months leading up to the draft.

I have found that one of the best indicators is paying attention to who the Cowboys meet with. So, this mock is based totally on the post stickied above about the Boys interests (I only took players from the list).

The round projections might be a little off because the draft sites vary so much after round 1-2. But here goes:

2-51) Jarron Gilbert DT/DE
3-69) Rashad Johnson FS
4-97) Jarrett Dillard WR
4-113) Rhett Bomar QB
5-148) Jamie Thomas OG
5-153) Jason Watkins OT
5-comp) Jason Phillips LB
6-189) Jason Williams LB
6-comp) Keenan Lewis CB
7) Rahson Harris DT
7) Roger Allen OG

What do you think? I would be ecstatic with the top 4 picks and very happy to get Phillips and Williams later

No way we take 3 Jasons in a row :D