My First Mock Draft

RSM94

Reaction score
Here it is:

58: R2P26, S JUAN THORNHILL, VIRGINIA - Ball Hawk at FS....Boys need INTs
90: R3P2, WR ANDY ISABELLA, MASSACHUSETTS - Great potential at slot, has all tools
128: R4P2, C/G ERIK MCCOY, TEXAS A&M - Can eventually start at C or G....lucky to get him here
136: R4P3, TE JOSH OLIVER, SAN JOSE ST. - Has some pass catching ability
165: R5P2, WR DARIUS SLAYTON, AUBURN - Tall, Fast, Athletic...getting him at a discount
241: R7P2, DL BYRON COWART, MARYLAND - Underperformed in college but has potential

There you have it.....

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Would be surprised if we don't pick up a RB in the later rounds, unless we go back to Rod Smith.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here it is:

90: R3P2, WR ANDY ISABELLA, MASSACHUSETTS - Great potential at slot, has all tools
128: R4P2, C/G ERIK MCCOY, TEXAS A&M - Can eventually start at C or G....lucky to get him here
165: R5P2, WR DARIUS SLAYTON, AUBURN - Tall, Fast, Athletic...getting him at a discount
241: R7P2, DL BYRON COWART, MARYLAND - Underperformed in college but has potential

There you have it.....

Ehhh.

Investing a 7th round pick in the DL position would be sooooooo Rod Marinelli.

I wouldn't take a WR before the 4th round either unless a pure stud slid. Isabella isn't that type IMO. And I certainly wouldn't take two WRs in this draft.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Here it is:

There you have it.....

Can Isabella play outside? I’m leaning towards players that can play both. Get Cooper inside from time to time. I’m also in the don’t like Oliver camp.

I don’t think I’d be happy with this draft. If McCoy is there, yes you grab him.

It’d be interesting to see Woods and Thornhill together. I don’t think Woods let’s go of FS without a fight. And who is the better down safety. Who covers TE if Jones leaves? I didn’t see anything suggesting Thornhill covers TEs well.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here it is:

There you have it.....
I Isabella, but we havent shown any real interest in him

From the guys we brought in, we seem to want more versatility from the #3 WR

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
58: R2P26, S JUAN THORNHILL, VIRGINIA
probably the most popular Cowboys pick on the internet. Would be happy with him.
90: R3P2, WR ANDY ISABELLA, MASSACHUSETTS
seems high and worried he'd get lost in a very deep WR group
128: R4P2, C/G ERIK MCCOY, TEXAS A&M
I realize this was mostly likely a simulation, but agree with other poster that he'll be long gone. Would be an awesome pick though.
136: R4P3, TE JOSH OLIVER, SAN JOSE ST.
like this pick a lot.
165: R5P2, WR DARIUS SLAYTON, AUBURN
another WR? Although, I do like him. He's supposedly an excellent route runner and very fast.
41: R7P2, DL BYRON COWART, MARYLAND
great pick in the 7th round. He was the #1 player in the nation the year he graduated high school. Kind of stalled at Auburn; showed flashes at Maryland.

RSM94

Reaction score
probably the most popular Cowboys pick on the internet. Would be happy with him.

seems high and worried he'd get lost in a very deep WR group

I realize this was mostly likely a simulation, but agree with other poster that he'll be long gone. Would be an awesome pick though.

like this pick a lot.

another WR? Although, I do like him. He's supposedly an excellent route runner and very fast.

great pick in the 7th round. He was the #1 player in the nation the year he graduated high school. Kind of stalled at Auburn; showed flashes at Maryland.

King....your comments are good ones.....the only reason I took WR in the 5th is that Slayton was the BPA by a mile. He is also discounted as Auburn had a lousy year. I would have prefered DL there, but there were no good ones available. I tried to stick to the board and draft value on all picks.