my full mock (for cowboys)

JPostSam

Reaction score
Day One:

1 (18) - olb manny lawson
completes a big, fast linebacker corps

2 (49) - fs ko simpson
learns from marcus coleman for a year and then takes over?

3 (80) - og fred matua
quick, nimble, tough, intense (or so they say)... also spends a year spelling the veterans and then steps up

Day Two -- The Flyers:

5 (150) - dt le kevin smith or montavius stanley
6 (182) - wr/pr/kr jeremy bloom
7 (224) - fb matt bernstein

:cool:

i know, everyone's going to find someone here they hate for one reason or another... if so, i'll be happy to read your own lists.

i think this one is pretty realistic.

Pokes28

Reaction score

Fast yes, big no. Lawson doesn't even go 240 (weighed 238 at his pro day).

I like all your picks except Bloom. I just don't see him worthy of a draft pick.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

burmafrd

Reaction score
Manny was at 241 at the combine. With some work he can probably go to 250, which is big enough.

JPostSam

Reaction score
manny lawson is roughly the same size as demarcus ware -- who is bigger than kalen thornton, who is bigger than rocky boiman, who is bigger than al singleton, who is bigger than dat nguyen.

our starting linebacker corps would be:

demarcus ware 6'4" 251 (according to dallscowboys.com)
akin ayodele 6'2" 251 (according to dallscowboys.com)
bradie james 6'2" 245 (according to dallscowboys.com)
manny lawson 6'5" 241-251 (depending on who is reporting and when they are reporting)

that's a pretty stout group of guys -- especially if you compare them to guys like brian urlacher and zack thomas, instead of joey porter. in any case, they're larger than the group we've had the past two-three years, and at least as athletic, if not a good deal more. they can all run and they can all hit.

...i have to say as well that i was skeptical about the move to the 3-4, but with these four guys starting at linebacker and ellis, ferguson, spears and canty rotating on the line, i feel pretty darn good about our defensive front.

:starspin

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
JPostSam said:
Day One:

2 (49) - fs ko simpson

3 (80) - og fred matua
quick, nimble, tough, intense (or so they say)... also spends a year spelling the veterans and then steps up

Day Two -- The Flyers:

i know, everyone's going to find someone here they hate for one reason or another... if so, i'll be happy to read your own lists.

I love this mock draft. I really like the Jeremy Bloom pick too.

The only pick that would make it better would be Carpenter instead of Lawson, and you'd still have "Big & Fast".

Matt Bernstein may be the only FB that gets drafted this year. Maybe 1 or 2 more at the most.

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
JPostSam said:
Day One:

2 (49) - fs ko simpson

3 (80) - og fred matua

Day Two -- The Flyers:

Switch out Charles Spencer in the 2nd and Danieal Manning in the 3rd, and it is great. I would be happy with this as well. Really want Bernstein. Not sure how bad his injury was though. With the Giants pass rush, we will have to take advantage of our running game. I think he could really help out.