My getting quality over Quantity draft

phildadon86

Reaction score
trading up to get Moehrig seems the most unlikely part. Maybe trading up for a dropping Barmore seems more reasonable.
Oh for sure. I was just showing that there’s no point in staying put at all of our picks when we can make moves and draft 4 studs as opposed to 2 and 7 JAGS

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh for sure. I was just showing that there’s no point in staying put at all of our picks when we can make moves and draft 4 studs as opposed to 2 and 7 JAGS

Yah, using that extra 3rd to move up in the 2nd round would be nice if someone slides.

phildadon86

Reaction score
These simulators arent particularly good. They are really just a game. Not something someone should base any expectations on
It’s just a mock draft man I’m not running for GM here. I was merely showing that moving up with the significant amount of draft capital we have is possible

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s just a mock draft man I’m not running for GM here. I was merely showing that moving up with the significant amount of draft capital we have is possible
I understand that, but the scenario you got from the simulator is really. If you want lay realistic scenario's, play around with the value chart

Jbone100

Reaction score
If we take Parsons at 10 I will be very eager to hear the plan for him. I can't get on board with taking him that high if he's going to be a pure off-ball LB. If the staff thinks he is going to be 2nd on the team in sacks after D-Law then I would be a lot more open to it though. I would hope we wouldn't take the guy top 10 unless we're envisioning a K. Mack type roll for him.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
If we take Parsons at 10 I will be very eager to hear the plan for him. I can't get on board with taking him that high if he's going to be a pure off-ball LB. If the staff thinks he is going to be 2nd on the team in sacks after D-Law then I would be a lot more open to it though. I would hope we wouldn't take the guy top 10 unless we're envisioning a K. Mack type roll for him.
That’s not who he is as a player. More like a Devin White who by the way had 9 sacks last year.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That’s not who he is as a player. More like a Devin White who by the way had 9 sacks last year.

Yep. There’s no reason Parsons can’t be a 6-10
Sack a year guy and a run stuffing beast, if used properly.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yep. There’s no reason Parsons can’t be a 6-10
Sack a year guy and a run stuffing beast, if used properly.
He had the highest graded run defense in 2019. I’m not sure if that’s at his position or on defense in general

jnday

Reaction score
You will not if he ends up in Philly or NY. I am telling you this kid is a star.
He is a star with an immature attitude problem. A diva LB is not a good combination and Dallas is not the place for players with attitude problems. Those problems seems to get worse in Dallas. With all the criticism about Zeke’s attitude, from what I have read, Parson’s immature attitude is even worse.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He is a star with an immature attitude problem. A diva LB is not a good combination and Dallas is not the place for players with attitude problems. Those problems seems to get worse in Dallas. With all the criticism about Zeke’s attitude, from what I have read, Parson’s immature attitude is even worse.
Dan Quinn was able to harness a diva CB and a diva safety. I’m not worried about anything but talent. There’s people here that want Phillips with his concussion history and him sitting out to prepare for the draft. Parsons sat out to take care of his kid or something along those lines. Give me parsons all day.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

No way we are going to draft 10 players nor should we. We have a lot of draft capital this year and I think moving up and being aggressive is the way to go.

In this draft I managed to get the top rated defensive player, the top safety, a DL who is just beginning to scratch the surface of his potential, a burner at CB, and a guy who can step in and replace Tyron eventually who is the prototypical tackle of 2021.

Let me know what you think.

I would trade both 3 and 4 rounders to get seconds if possible.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No way we are going to draft 10 players nor should we. We have a lot of draft capital this year and I think moving up and being aggressive is the way to go.

In this draft I managed to get the top rated defensive player, the top safety, a DL who is just beginning to scratch the surface of his potential, a burner at CB, and a guy who can step in and replace Tyron eventually who is the prototypical tackle of 2021.

Let me know what you think.

Great draft, but I'm surprised on the lower grade for Parsons. Still, great draft.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trading up to get Moehrig seems the most unlikely part. Maybe trading up for a dropping Barmore seems more reasonable.
Both are positions of need and we HAVE to get a good safety this year.