My guess is no WR at #11

ghst187

Reaction score
Its looking like one of Baltimore, Washington, or Oakland will probably get Moss which likely means that several teams ahead of us will look at WR
Chicago sounds like they want Mike Williams pretty badly
Washington is probably getting rid of Gardner, so will probably look hard at MW or BE.
Also, if Oakland doesn't get Moss and Porter walks....they'll be looking for a WR also.
Sadly, I don't think MW or even BE is going to be available at #11.

Furthermore, hard to imagine DJ or Rolle dropping all the way to 11. Hate to say but we're probably looking at a trade down if all those guys are gone.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Its looking like one of Baltimore, Washington, or Oakland will probably get Moss which likely means that several teams ahead of us will look at WR
Chicago sounds like they want Mike Williams pretty badly
Washington is probably getting rid of Gardner, so will probably look hard at MW or BE.
Also, if Oakland doesn't get Moss and Porter walks....they'll be looking for a WR also.
Sadly, I don't think MW or even BE is going to be available at #11.

Furthermore, hard to imagine DJ or Rolle dropping all the way to 11. Hate to say but we're probably looking at a trade down if all those guys are gone.
Edwards is very likely gone. MW I think will be there.
I agree a trade down is a big possiblility.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
The question is who will trade up.

WR is unlikely unless it's someone like Troy Williamson at #11 which is a little too high at this point.

Bobo

Reaction score
I think WR is unlikely because we need D help so much more than WR help.

Dyluke

Reaction score
Considering that MW has been away from college football for 1 year...even talk of him being a top 10 pick says volumes about his talent. That being said...i think BE will go ahead of MW, which hopefully will work in favor for the cowboys. I think if both MW and DJ fall to 11, a trade back is a strong posibility. However, i think trading #20 for a #1 next year and # 2 or 3 this year is more likely to happen.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Avery said:
The question is who will trade up.

WR is unlikely unless it's someone like Troy Williamson at #11 which is a little too high at this point.

How bout Troy Williamson with our #20 pick though?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Its hard to guess where Mike Williams will go. So many people, media and fans alike, are talking like he's a lock to go in the top 10 picks that you'd have to think that's accurate.

However, I distincly remember the talk before last years draft saying that Williams stock was really starting to fall because of his lack of speed. If that happened to be true then you'd think this season his stock would fall even farther because he's now missed a year of football.

One thing is that last year's draft was extremely deep in WR and this year isn't so perhaps he would have gone later in the 2004 draft than he will in the 2005.

Still, if he truly was going to go in the teens or later last year, it seems unlikely that he'll go in the top ten. That being said though, I think he's definately worth a top 10 pick and I'd love to see us grab him if he's there at 11.

Not a lot of difference makers in this draft... he's one of them.