My guys

burmafrd

Reaction score
First rd- maybe with a trade down: Lawson, Carpenter
Of course if Justice falls we grab him- but we will not trade up and I don't think he falls that far. Ngata the same.
2nd Rd: Davin Joseph or Max Jean-Gilles. If they are gone Mo Stoval.
3rd rd: Paul McQuistan, OT, Weber State; or Fifita if it looks like he is going and we have not gotten a 4th- if we have a 4th Fifita
5th rd Willie Reid, WR, FSU
6th rd Tahi, FB, BYU
7th rd Fenton, FS, Louisiana-Lafayette

McQuistan- a lot of talent but needs development. BUT could be a top OT.
Tahi because he can do it all and is a mean blocker.
Reid smoke and could be the next Terry Glenn
Fenton- just have a hunch about him.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Not bad but I think Stovall will be there in the 3rd.

And I wouldn't draft a FB. Especially since we don't need one. Plus, FBs almost always don't get drafted. You might see 1 or 2 get drafted every year. Silverbear was sure that the Texas FB would get drafted last year (Matthews?). I told him it wouldn't happen. Not only did he not get drafted, but I don't think he even made any team's practice squad.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I have liked Tahi for a while and checked him out- the guy could be the next Moose Johnson. That is why I wanted to draft him. Maybe in the 7th, but I think he could be a real steal. crushing blocker, good short ydg ball carrier, good hands.

burmafrd

Reaction score
As regards Stoval, it looks like he will go very late in 2nd or very early 3rd. His pro day he ran and caught better and that has moved him up some.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
First rd- maybe with a trade down: Lawson, Carpenter
Of course if Justice falls we grab him- but we will not trade up and I don't think he falls that far. Ngata the same.
2nd Rd: Davin Joseph or Max Jean-Gilles. If they are gone Mo Stoval.
3rd rd: Paul McQuistan, OT, Weber State; or Fifita if it looks like he is going and we have not gotten a 4th- if we have a 4th Fifita
5th rd Willie Reid, WR, FSU
6th rd Tahi, FB, BYU
7th rd Fenton, FS, Louisiana-Lafayette

McQuistan- a lot of talent but needs development. BUT could be a top OT.
Tahi because he can do it all and is a mean blocker.
Reid smoke and could be the next Terry Glenn
Fenton- just have a hunch about him.
Looks resonable. Only thing is, I agree on the FB from Rack, and I definitely don't think Fifta should be drafted in the 3rd, but I do want him on this team and if we did claim a 4th, that would be reasonable for drafting Fifta.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Well Burm -- I hate to agree with you but that's a good list. I'd be very happy with that. But I'm looking for Allen to fall big time. if so I want him in the 2nd

burmafrd

Reaction score
Allen really scares me with that hip- I just do not want to take a risk on him.

Duane

Reaction score
The only thing that scares me about Fifita is the short arms.

burmafrd

Reaction score
short arms is no biggie for a NT- as long as he destroys the center and plugs up the middle he is doing his job. Anything else is gravy. And as short and strong as Fifita is, he can get under ANY center in the league.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Duane said:
The only thing that scares me about Fifita is the short arms.

I don't understand the infatuation you all have with Fifita.

Is it the fact that he is a great big fat Polynesian that has you all excited?

He is a free agent type who might be fortunate to get drafted. Not a fourth round pick.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Alexander, the thing is that he can bench press 225 a lot of times. That makes him a great NT. The fact that his having short arms helps the bench numbers nor his play on the field should have any consideration. He can bench a lot so he must be good.

Yeah, that was sarcasm, but the orgasm over guys that test out well at the combine despite mediocre play in college is starting to get to me.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

burmafrd

Reaction score
I happened to have been able to get some looks at Fifita in some games.
He can truly clog the middle up big time. And can eat any center around just about. NO center can get under him. He has tremendous strength in both arms and legs. He benched 460 5 times and squats 600 multiple times.
So unless you have seen him play SHUT UP.

Duane

Reaction score
Why get worked up over a second day pick that wouldn't start for us right away? :cool:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Actually I think Fifita COULD start pretty quick- he has so many advantages over Ferguson - shorter stronger faster and maybe quicker.

burmafrd

Reaction score
A short powerfull and quick NT can stand up the center on any play- totally removing runs up the gut. forcing the O to always use a guard to help out.
Standing and forcing the center back immediatley after the snap can also force the QB to move to the right or left instead of stepping up in the pocket- thus giving the outside rush a better shot at a quick sack.

Duane

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Actually I think Fifita COULD start pretty quick- he has so many advantages over Ferguson - shorter stronger faster and maybe quicker.
My whole thing about Fifita is that if he's that great why isn't he going to be off the board on the first day? It's not like there aren't half a dozen 3-4 teams that could use another NT.

burmafrd

Reaction score
He could very well go late in the 3rd. Remember- since he is only a little over 5-11 he is way too short for a DT. Strictly a NT- and there are only about 6 teams in the league that have any need for only NT's. So you are looking at only maybe 2-3 teams that are interested.

Alexander

Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
Yeah, that was sarcasm, but the orgasm over guys that test out well at the combine despite mediocre play in college is starting to get to me.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

:laugh2:

It is getting out of hand. But it happens every year.

Alexander

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I happened to have been able to get some looks at Fifita in some games.
He can truly clog the middle up big time. And can eat any center around just about. NO center can get under him. He has tremendous strength in both arms and legs. He benched 460 5 times and squats 600 multiple times.
So unless you have seen him play SHUT UP.

I have seen him play.

Do I still need to SHUT UP, imbecile?