My lates Cowboys Mock draft

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
*I reserve the right to change my draft after the combine :)*
Everything you don't see below, we will provide in FA.
First off, I would trade Ellis and next years 5 straight up for an early 3 and 4 this year giving me -
1 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 7.
This is my draft. (for now)

#1. *ILB* Bobby Carpenter 6'3 (255
)- I would move him to ILB where he would become a terror. He has the size the speed and instincts to play there. Plus he can rush the QB from anywhere on the field.

#2. *FS* Pat Watkins 6'4 (205) - Big guy with speed that seems to be around the ball alot. With his size he can contend with the big receivers and TE's for jump balls, and with the size of he and RW, it would be a scary site for WR's.

#3. *OLB*Mark Anderson 6'3 (254) - When I saw Hali beat a TE to sack the QB yesterday, I was in aww. But when I saw Mark Anderson beat an all world Tackle in Ferguson to kill the QB yesterday, I knew he was the one for us. He also tackled a WR out in the open one on one. Perfect complimentary to Ware and Carpenter. When it's time to get after the QB, you can send all 3 and drop the DE's in a shallow zone.

#3. *WR* Sinorice Moss 5'8 (185) - We all saw in the senior bowl how valuable this kid can be. He's flat out fast and can cause major problems when he lines up in the slot Terry Glenn next to him. He could also be a dynamic punt return guy so we can keep Newman in good health.

#4. *DT* Jeff Littlejohn 6'1 (323) - He's a big run stuffing kid from a small school and should be one of the sleepers I have on my personal board. He constantly occupies 2 offenders, and could come in and possibly take over for Ferguson eventually. His bio is below...

#5. *RT* Willie Hall 6'6 (315) - If you read his bio below, the one thing that jumps out at me is how great he is against speed rushers. That's what killed us last year with Tucker and Petitti, was speed rushers. This guy won't give up too many sacks. He just needs to get better in the running game.

#7. *OLB* Justin Parrish 6'2 (244) - Big time sleeper from a small school. I'll let you all read his bio and you can make your judgements from there. I know you all think it's crowded with the OLB spot, but I would take Anderson/Parrish/Fujita and let them fight it out for a starting role. One starts, one will back up, and the other gets cut. Nothing to lose being a 7th rounder.

I would let Justin Beriault and Watkins fight it out to see who wins the job. I would immediately move Carpenter to the inside and I wouldn't move him. I think he could be absolutely dominant there - Anderson and the other OLB's will take turns during Mini and Training camp, and may the best man win. Moss will automatically be my slot receiver, he's way to dangerous as a deep threat and just a guy who can create seperation. My dream is to draft a big man next year, and Key & Glenn shall move on, and you will have a big possesion receiver/Crayton #2, and Moss a speed demon to hit the home run at anytime. DT Littlejohn is sort of a prospect that I would use in TC and see what he has.

Justin Parrish 6'2 (244)
One of the nation's best pass rushers at the hybrid of end/linebacker Buck position.
He earned second team All-MAC honors leading the league in tackles for loss. He's almost unstoppable when he gets on the move and is a solid run stopper finishing fourth on the team in stops. A great prospect for the 2006 NFL Draft as an Outside Backer in a 34 defense. Parrish is a pass rushing demon and can turn the corner in a hurry for a big man.(14 sacks in 2004)
http://www.kentstatesports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=&change_well_id=17&member_id=702

DT - Jeff Littlejohn 6'1 (323) Middle Tennessee State 4th
Jeff is a massive pure nose tackle who may even get bigger and become a classic 2-gap run stuffing, constantly-double teamed guy at the next level. He is strong, quick in limited areas and active. He has more than one move and knows how to keep his legs clean. Fights through trash and is constantly occupying two blockers. Jeff is very aware in the passing game also, totalling 35 pass breakups and 3 ints in HS. He began to flash that unusual proclivity again during his final season at MTSU. Jeff is a very friendly guy from a huge family who really loves kids and will not be a problem off the field despite some issues with little scrapes in HS. He will need to work harder in the pass rush area in order to maxmize his pro game, but you can't teach this type of size, toughness and tenacity. He may be THE sleeper of this year's DT crop, and could wind up going in the middle rounds of the draft with good post season workouts.

RT - Willie Hall 6'6 (315)
Willie is a redshirt junior who has declared for the 2006 NFL draft. Willie has a shot at the next level because he works hard and displays good technique. He has played against David Pollack (RS Freshman season), DeMarcus Ware and Manny Lawson over his three years as a starter for MTSU and he gave up 0 sacks against these sack artists. His 40-time was done on turf at MTSU (hand held) 4-5 months ago but is player-reported/unverified. He has good hands, solid techique and decent feet. He is a very good pass blocker and average run blocker who does some pulling.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Dude, that is an excellent draft if these people are actually available in those rounds (which seems to be a good possibility). I really like the Anderson & Littlejohn picks.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
JeffInDC said:
Dude, that is an excellent draft if these people are actually available in those rounds (which seems to be a good possibility). I really like the Anderson & Littlejohn picks.
Thanks, lots of homework.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Cowboys_love_4ever

I guess your hoping to fill in the voids on oline through free agency. I really like your draft, what are the FAs you are hoping the Cowboys bring in to allow to go defense heavy in this draft?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Cowboys_love_4ever

I guess your hoping to fill in the voids on oline through free agency. I really like your draft, what are the FAs you are hoping the Cowboys bring in to allow to go defense heavy in this draft?
Jeff Backus RT Lions/ Joe Nedney PK 49ers/LeCharles Bentley C saints/ Ma'ake Kemoeatu DT ravens..

I could go either way on the FA position at FS. I could get Chris Hope, and draft RT Colledge in the 2nd, but I don't see any strong legit Centers in the draft other than Mangold. And Mangold is just good in pass protection.

So I need to trade my FA pick of Hope for Bentley ( you can't get too many high priced guys, I think 3 is a good number).

So since I won't get Hope, then Watkins becomes my choice in the 2nd.

wood28

Reaction score
i like it too, but no Ellis trade and i take Lawson over Carpenter any day.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

My second case scenario. We trade our 18th pick and next years 4 to someone around 25 thru 28 and pick up a late 2. We trade Ellis, and both 2's, next years 3rd, to get Denvers 30th pick, and their 3rd round selection... That would give us -
1-1-3-3-5-7

I would get RT Backus/PK Nedney/FS Chris Hope/ C Mike Flanagan GB (old crafty vet)
This is my draft. (for now)

#1. *ILB* Bobby Carpenter 6'3 (255)- I would move him to ILB where he would become a terror. He has the size the speed and instincts to play there. Plus he can rush the QB from anywhere on the field.

#1. *DT* Gabe Watson 6-4 (341) - Can dominate at times, and when Parcells gets ahold of him, he will be killing the LOS in this league. I know the rap on him is his laziness, but he won't be spoiled anymore with Parcells. Odds are, he will be the Water boy come TC.

#3. *OLB*Mark Anderson 6'3 (254) - When I saw Kiwi beat a TE to sack the QB yesterday, I was in aww. But when I saw Mark Anderson beat an all world Tackle in Ferguson to kill the QB yesterday, I knew he was the one for us. He also tackled a WR out in the open one on one. Perfect complimentary to Ware and Carpenter. When it's time to get after the QB, you can send all 3 and drop the DE's in a shallow zone.

#3. *WR* Sinorice Moss 5'8 (185) - We all saw in the senior bowl how valuable this kid can be. He's flat out fast and can cause major problems when he lines up in the slot Terry Glenn next to him. He could also be a dynamic punt return guy so we can keep Newman in good health.

#5. *RT* Willie Hall 6'6 (315) - If you read his bio below, the one thing that jumps out at me is how great he is against speed rushers. That's what killed us last year with Tucker and Petitti, was speed rushers. This guy won't give up too many sacks. He just needs to get better in the running game.

#7. *OLB* Justin Parrish 6'2 (244) - Big time sleeper from a small school. I'll let you all read his bio and you can make your judgements from there. I know you all think it's crowded with the OLB spot, but I would take Anderson/Parrish/Fujita and let them fight it out for a starting role. One starts, one will back up, and the other gets cut. Nothing to lose being a 7th rounder.

Chirs Hope will obviously be our starter back there and he's only 25 so it's almost like drafting him. (Beriault will be active and learn behind Hope). Watson should overthrow Ferguson by week 5 and take it for good. Carpenter will be our ILB and Anderson or Parrish can fight it out for OLB. This gives us a really good RT in Backus, and 1st rounder type FS in Chris Hope, a beast DT in Watson, killer ILB in Carpenter, 92% kicker with range in Nedney, a solid Center in Flanagan, and a Super Bowl Berth next season.

AmericasTeam

Reaction score
First of what is with all the Pat Watkins Love? I have to beliEve alot of it is due to him being 6'4". I believe, unless he puts up awesome numbers at the combine, that there is far superoir talent in the draft at Safety and even to the extent of some of them being available in the third round. No way would I draft Watkins in the 2nd, maybe third if others are of the board.

Secondly whats witht he MTSU love? You have two players being drafted from MTSU, and I only ask because I live 25 minutes from MTSU.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

My Last case scenario. Now please don't freak out on me on this one, really look at it and think about what you will have on your team for the next 8 to 10 years.
We trade our 18th, this years 3rd, next years 1 and next years 2 to move up into the top 4 or 5. You trade Glover for a 4th.
We trade Ellis and our 4th for a high 2 and a 5.(like 2nd or 3rd pick in the 2nd round)

Now you have this for draft picks.

High 1-2-5-5-7.

I would get C LeCharles Bentley /PK Nedney /FS-SS Marlon McCree / UFA WR Kevin Curtis ( I would offer more money than the Rams would ever think of paying him) and DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu (6'5 - 350) He would start.

This is my draft

#1. *ILB* A.J. Hawk 6'1 (240) He would instantly turn our defense into a top 5 defense, and you can forget about teams running on us or short yardage stuff. I would move him to ILB.

#2. *RT* Daryn Colledge 6'4 (295) He would automatically start at RT, and he could have no problem with speed rushers. He will need to bulk up, but not too much. Stronger/Yes...

#5. *OLB* Brandon Guillory 6'4 (250) For those of you who wanted Manny Lawson (including myself) here is his twin brother. He's actually faster and stockier than Lawson. He's also a terror off the edges, and has the agility to play OLB and he will play that position. His bio is below.

#5. *PR/CB/WR* Devon Hester 5'11 (185) - Where do I begin? He's listed as a CB, and I don't care where he plays, he needs to play. This guy is fasssssssst, and would immediately become our KR/PR and I would also use him on offense on quick hit plays. His bio is below, check it out.

#7. *OLB* Justin Parrish 6'2 (244) - Big time sleeper from a small school. A sack King and can compete with Guillory.

My defense would be unstoppable with big Kemoeatu in the middle, Ware and "freakish" OLB Guillory - Hawk and James inside (a complete terror of a group of linebackers) I would have 2 strong safieties in the backfield, but this guy McCree is a beast back there. (Beriault will be the student).

My return game would be unstoppable with sensation Devon Heser back there returning punts and kickoffs. Colledge would start and nail down that RT spot for the next 12 years. And with Bentley on that line and Flo back, and LA in shape (or exchange for Gurode or one of the others) Our passing and running game would be stout.

Brandon Guillory 6'4 (250)
Brandon Guillory began as a walk-on wideout for the Louisiana-Monroe football team. His athletic gifts were obvious and he excelled as a special teamer before settling in as an OLB and finally a pass-rushing DE. He has outstanding speed (has been timed as fast as 4.42 in the 40) and is an incredible athlete (38" VJ and graded out as the top conditioned player on the team). Guillory likely projects as a 3-4 OLB where he can rush the passer much as DeMarcus Ware does for the Dallas Cowboys. Guillory will continue to produce on the field and will create a big stir once he hits the Combine. Look for Guillory to be a first-day selection at the 2006 NFL Draft.

Devon Hester 5'11 (185) *4.3* 40
"Blazing fast," "electric," and "exciting" are all terms that immediately come to mind when asked to describe Devin Hester on a football field. When asked to describe him as a corner "raw", "undisciplined", and "needs work" come to mind. Hester has sort of been a jack of all trades during his time at Miami as coach Larry Coker has taken advantage of every opportunity to get Hester's speed on the field. Coker decided to leave Hester at corner and as his main return man this past season. Hester is easily the best return man the Hurricanes have had since Santana Moss roamed the Coral Gables campus. Hester has an uncanny ability to completely stop his momentum at will and leave would be tacklers flying by him as he races off to another area of the field. Even the best tacklers in the nation look absolutely foolish when given the assignment of tackling Hester in the open field. Devin just absolutely captures the complete attention of everyone watching the game because you just know he is going to do something amazing. Although, obviously at this point his return game is just amazing he has done okay at the cornerback position, though it is obvious he still has some work to do. At this point he has been able to get by on his athletic ability when covering players, but more experienced receivers have been able to burn him (as much as you can burn one of the fastest players in the nation) on simple veteran plays. Now that his position has been decided on, he will finally be able to focus solely on it and that should improve his corner skills immensely. His athletic ability and blazing speed will be hard for any NFL executive to pass up in the 2006 NFL Draft

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I really like the first scenario a lot. Good job from top to bottom.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
AmericasTeam said:
First of what is with all the Pat Watkins Love? I have to beliEve alot of it is due to him being 6'4". I believe, unless he puts up awesome numbers at the combine, that there is far superoir talent in the draft at Safety and even to the extent of some of them being available in the third round. No way would I draft Watkins in the 2nd, maybe third if others are of the board.

Secondly whats witht he MTSU love? You have two players being drafted from MTSU, and I only ask because I live 25 minutes from MTSU.
He's got nice speed too. But his upside is outstanding. I've not really checked out the schools really, I just try and find the talent anywhere I can find it. It's fun, and you never know, we could actually pick up some of these people named.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I really like the first scenario a lot. Good job from top to bottom.
With you being the king stud around here, is there any way you could edit my part about Kiwi under the Anderson draft, I meant Hali...:bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
With you being the king stud around here, is there any way you could edit my part about Kiwi under the Anderson draft, I meant Hali...:bow:
Like that?

VACowboy

Reaction score
I like your first scenario too, but I'd hate to pen Carpenter up inside.

Reaction score
Wow, no real OL. What do we do next year when Bledsoe goes out with a concussion in the first quarter of the first game? Put in one of our many LBs?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Cogan said:
Wow, no real OL. What do we do next year when Bledsoe goes out with a concussion in the first quarter of the first game? Put in one of our many LBs?
I had LeCharles Bentley and Jeff Backus in Free Agency. Those guys are 26 and 28 years of age.

We will have Flo back, and I have us drafting some prospects late in the draft.
So our line would be...

LT- Flo
LG- LA
C - Bentley
RG- Rivera
RT- Backus

Backups = Tucker/Gurode/Peterman/Petitti/Columbo/ etc. as your back ups.