My list of airlines I would never fly

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Our pilots and mechanics are paid pretty well. Spirit has the newest fleet in the world. When the plane breaks, it is written up and fixed. There's 0 pressure from management to try to defer maintenance or fly an unsafe aircraft.

Our average fleet age is around 7 years and dropping. We're phasing out older planes and getting brand new ones every month. American has an average fleet age of nearly 12 years.

I'm sure there are great things about them, it's an irrational fear, so there is nothing rational in my logic. :confused:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If you had a ticket on Southwest this past weekend chances were really good you wouldn't be flying.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If you had a ticket on Southwest this past weekend chances were really good you wouldn't be flying.

Southwest is already on my list of airlines I won't fly. I don't like how they do their seating. I want to have my seat assignment in advance, preferably knowing that I have an aisle seat. I can give them props for trying something different, I guess. Some people probably prefer selecting their seat as the board the plane. That's not for me.

I'm not as quick to anger at airlines over flight cancellations. Many times it's not the airline's fault. It could be because of weather or something else beyond their control. For example, if it's a mechanical problem, I would much rather have the airline play it safe and fix the plane rather than taking any chances at flying it. Same thing for flying in bad weather. If they cancel a flight because it would have been dangerous to fly people through some bad weather, I ain't mad at them. I commend any airline that puts safety before convenience. FAA regulations probably don't even allow them to fly in bad conditions.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I always found it so strange that I would buy a plane ticket and then have to buy the seat. Like... isn't that rolled into the cost of a ticket? When I go to a concert/theater I'm buying my ticket/seat. I never buy a ticket to a theater then turn around and have to buy the seat too. Makes no sense. It's all just a ploy to trick travelers into thinking they have lower prices. Frankly, I think those type of marketing tricks should be illegal
:huh:
I think you might be confused. This is not true.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Domestic Delta & International Lufthansa.
High commendations for both.

Praxit

Reaction score
..thanks guys for input. I want to head over to SF in couple months. Luckily, my flight is 45 mins....lol.. SD>>>>>>SF Good to know Frontier wont be an option.