My meaningful thoughts of the game / Green Bay

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
First off I want to give the Eagles a lot of credit. They came to play last night and gave us all we could handle.

You guys asked the question, "why are you worried about the Eagles."

Well last night should answer your question.

Also I havent seen McNabb look like that the last 2 seasons. Last night that was the Donovan that used to give me headaches and would never let our defense get off the field.

McNabb was amazing last night and as good as Tony was I felt last night McNabb was the best QB on the field. (dont get your panties in a wad im not saying McNabb is better)

First off I dont know if anyone can stop us. We faced a team that matches up really well with us and they just couldn't stop us.

The Oline gave up 0 sacks

Witten/Owens are beasts

The Barbarian played his guts out last night. He kept plugging and plugging all night and finally he started having room to run in the 2nd half. I love that guy.

I am so impressed with our rookie Class.

Mike Jenkins made one of the better plays i've seen a corner make this year.

That play should have been 6 and just out of no where Mike Jenkins comes soaring out of the sky like Superman and swats that ball away. Much praise. :bow:

Felix Jones is such a dynamic player and the sky is the ceiling for him. There is no limit to what type of player he can become.

I wouldn't label him a certain type of back yet because he is going to keep growing as a player and by the time he tops out he may be superstarish.

The guy is electric.

Also I loved hearing a Philly homer like Jaworskie calling him Peterson over and over and saying he holds his breath everytime he touches the ball.

Martellus looked good on that screen pass he caught and even the play where Dawkins, I believe, knocked the ball out of his hands was a heck of an effort. Dawkins made a great play but he had it.

You think these guys aren't going to do everything in their power to be great pro's after a game/atmosphere like last night? I dont think so.

The Defense:

First off I want to say get off the field on 3rd downs please.

McNabb was just waiting to see what corner was off the receiver the farthest and he was getting the ball to the receiver on a hitch route for a gain of 5 or 6 everytime.

We have to play closer to the receiver against these West Coast teams.

You wouldn't know it but we had 4 sacks last night and I just cant say enough about Greg Ellis. He made big plays last night and was getting after it.

As much promise as Spencer is showing its going to be tough to get Greg off the field.

I LOVE Wades style of defense but right now its not working. A lot of hit had to do with McNabb and a lot had to do with the fact that the Eagles are allowed to hold but the pressure has to be more consistent.

Our defense is designed to get pressure and make big plays by forcing mistakes. It compliments our offense well but last night it just wasn't tottally cutting it.

That being said it will improve the longer this year goes on. We just have to many playmakers on that side of the ball to not have success.

The Zebras

That head official had it out for us last night. Im so impressed with this team that we didn't let that guy single handedly beat us. I thought the fix was in.

Major props for overcoming this.

Even though Anthony Henry didn't PI that receiver I have to give the receiver some credit for drawing that flag. From my view and from the refs view im sure it looked like PI.

Green Bay

If you think Green Bay is some cake walk overrated team than your wrong.

They have one of the best defenses in the league and one of my personal favorite receiving groups in the league.

They run the west coash offense so you can expect a lot of the same routes being ran against us as well. We have to get on that short pass and not just let them move the sticks.

I doubt Rogers will have as much success as McNabb but he can buy time also.

Its going to be another thriller next Sunday in Green Bay.

Can't wait guys and im enjoying this win so much today and all I have left to say is HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS WOOOOO!