My Meaningless Thoughts on the Game

khiladi

Reaction score
theogt;2261859 said:
My one meaningless thought:

Tony Romo, by himself, spotted them 14 points and we still won against one of the only two teams that might stand in our way of a Super Bowl.

Okay, 2nd meaningless thought.

We gave up 0 points and net 41 yards in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. GO DEFENSE!

Because of Tony Romo and his leading the team down the field taking up significant portions of the clock. The difference between TR and the defense is that TR bails himself out of his own mistakes, while this defense relies on TR to bail them out...

Don't forget the botched fumble by McNabb as well as the drop by the WR on the last drive by Philly that would have been a first down. The WR was wide open, because Jenkins, I believe was playing 15 yards off.

odog422

Reaction score
Tobal;2261742 said:
I don't mind the middle blitz, but the middle blitz from 7 yds back is rediculous it gives too much time for the QB and OL to see it and adjust. Hell they can screw up the pickup and still have time to correct it.

On the flip side, you would think the blitzer would be able to actually pick an open lane to the QB from that depth but...

newlander

Reaction score
Meaningless to whom? Good point about the refs: it's all a big show guys: I saw NUMEROUS holds on both sides: the NFL wants POINTS. Did you see the crowd stand throughout the game? Unreal for Texas Stadium: Personally, I love good defense, but they've eliminated with the "rules" changes. Its a joke..............

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;2261954 said:
The crowd came across loud as **** over the TV.

I noticed that too. I was quite impressed with what I saw from the crowd.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
khiladi;2262872 said:
Because of Tony Romo and his leading the team down the field taking up significant portions of the clock. The difference between TR and the defense is that TR bails himself out of his own mistakes, while this defense relies on TR to bail them out...

Don't forget the botched fumble by McNabb as well as the drop by the WR on the last drive by Philly that would have been a first down. The WR was wide open, because Jenkins, I believe was playing 15 yards off.
Really? The defense holding Philly to net 40 yards and 0 points on 3 possession in the 4th quarter isn't bailing this team out?

Could you explain how that works?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2261639 said:
My Meaningless Thoughts on the Game
by Yakuza Rich
http://yakuzarich.blogspot.com

- Where are the people that said Garrett couldn’t adjust to Jim Johnson’s defense?

YAKUZA

I think we have really learned how to beat the blitz w/ the quick dump off to Barber and hopefully Jones in the future. Romo missed Barber toward the end, but you can see that the dump off is now a part of our game plan. We are going to make teams pay for blitzing us.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2261639 said:
- Where did this team learn to tackle? Is there a football camp that teaches to grab the facemask? Is Rodney Harrison a head instructor?

- Why wasn’t Felix the kickoff returner from day one? He was tremendous tonight.

- Where are the people that said Garrett couldn’t adjust to Jim Johnson’s defense? The big key I saw was we stuck with the running game. It wasn’t overly great by any means, but it helped keep the Eagles honest.

YAKUZA

Great points, true...Plus, inept refs missed an additional facemask on Westbrook as well.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
theogt;2263170 said:
Really? The defense holding Philly to net 40 yards and 0 points on 3 possession in the 4th quarter isn't bailing this team out?

It must have been that great clock-killing drive our offense put together when we got the ball back with 3:09 remaining after the defense forced a three-and-out.

Oh, wait. Our offense went three-and-out, ate only 33 seconds of the clock and saved the Eagles a timeout by throwing an incomplete pass on third down.

Never mind.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2263659 said:
It must have been that great clock-killing drive our offense put together when we got the ball back with 3:09 remaining after the defense forced a three-and-out.

Oh, wait. Our offense went three-and-out, ate only 33 seconds of the clock and saved the Eagles a timeout by throwing an incomplete pass on third down.

Never mind.
I would have run the ball on 3rd down and if we didn't make it, I'd run the clock down, take a time out and then punted it away. I would not have thrown the football.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Hostile;2263675 said:
I would have run the ball on 3rd down and if we didn't make it, I'd run the clock down, take a time out and then punted it away. I would not have thrown the football.

Luckily the defense held it down at the end.

Man i was about to crap a brick. I was not confident in them at the end but the D pulled it out

khiladi

Reaction score
theogt;2263170 said:

Our defense didn't bail the Cowboys out...

Philly scores on the drive they started in the 3rd quarter... Eat up 5 minutes of the lock, marching down the field from their 26.. Where was that Dallas defense?

Dallas defense had nothing to do with McNabb fumbling the ball away, after getting a first down on 2 pass plays that netted 6 yards each...

Dalls has nothing to do with McNabb throwing it a little high over a wide-open Westbrook, after the Eagles gained 10 yards on a pass play to Smith. Let's not forget the Eagles killed themselves with their own 10 yard penalty... If Westbrook caught it, it would have been another first down...

The only drive the Cowboys really did anything was on the last drive, when they were pretty much playing prevent and Philly had to take deeper shots down the field.. That isn't bailing one out, that is doing what your suppose to do...

Even Zach was telling you they played sloppy...

btcutter

Reaction score
khiladi;2263742 said:
Our defense didn't bail the Cowboys out...

Philly scores on the drive they started in the 3rd quarter... Eat up 5 minutes of the lock, marching down the field from their 26.. Where was that Dallas defense?

Dallas defense had nothing to do with McNabb fumbling the ball away, after getting a first down on 2 pass plays that netted 6 yards each...

Dalls has nothing to do with McNabb throwing it a little high over a wide-open Westbrook, after the Eagles gained 10 yards on a pass play to Smith. Let's not forget the Eagles killed themselves with their own 10 yard penalty... If Westbrook caught it, it would have been another first down...

The only drive the Cowboys really did anything was on the last drive, when they were pretty much playing prevent and Philly had to take deeper shots down the field.. That isn't bailing one out, that is doing what your suppose to do...

Even Zach was telling you they played sloppy...

All that maybe true. But we stopped them this yr where as last yr they would have scored with time to spare.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I loved the play call to throw the ball on 3rd during our last possession. Easy first down and more if the throw was on target. Tony makes that throw 9 out of 10 times to MBIII...remember the Eagles game @ Philly last year?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
khiladi;2263742 said:
Dalls has nothing to do with McNabb throwing it a little high over a wide-open Westbrook, after the Eagles gained 10 yards on a pass play to Smith.

So, you're saying there wasn't a leaping blitzer with his arms raised that McNabb had to throw over?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Real1st;2263692 said:
Luckily the defense held it down at the end.

Man i was about to crap a brick. I was not confident in them at the end but the D pulled it out
I had to pull the seat cushion out from between the buns.

khiladi

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2264069 said:
So, you're saying there wasn't a leaping blitzer with his arms raised that McNabb had to throw over?

There was a leaping blitzer when Romo had Barber wide-open on the throw, when the Eagles did an all-out blitz... it still doesn't mean Romo didn't blow it on that play...

So what? the pass was clearly an easy one to make by Mcnabb...

newlander

Reaction score
That's true khiladi: both QB's missed those throws. The blitz was hot and heavy for both plays AND they were tired by then. People dont' understand how exhausted both of those guys must've been by then. BUT, you have to make the play if you want to win. Romo knows he dodged a bullett. He practices that swing pass with our guys bearing down on him hundreds of times before we play the iggles or gspots again. Its the perfect way to beat the blitz. ( so is the little hook route MB3 ran where the blitzing lb's vacated the middle of the field: Norv use to run that with Emmitt: great route)