My Meaningless Thoughts on the Game...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
187beatdown;2450237 said:
He's a gunslinger and will make those type of plays, it's in his blood. If he didn't take shots and chances, he may not put up numbers like he does week in and week out.

You can be Jason Campbell or you can be Tony Romo. One of them is careful and conservative, the other is... well... Tony Romo.:D

I assure you throwing into double coverage does nothing but hinder his ability to put up the numbers that he does. What does allow him to put up his numbers is finding the open man, and throwing him the ball.

Simple equation really. Being a gunslinger is a term thrown around often, but I dont think it holds much weight.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
- I don't think Romo has so much reverted back to his old style. There were still times where he was "pulling the Tom Brady", but it's more of a fine line where you need to "be Tom Brady" to help out the O-Line and then step up into the pocket if the pass rushers are speed rushing to the outside.
I think since his return from the injury, he has clearly reverted to his old form and while he may still be trying to throw like Brady, he also is moving around more than he did. In fact, trying to emulate Brady in the pocket may have indirectly led to his injury, since at the time, the O-line wasn't as good as Brady's. Now that Romo is moving around, the O-line is better, and the result are definitely better.

sbark

Reaction score
Do I sense when Romo was doing the T.Brady look.....teams stopped looking to slap/strip the ball out of his hands so much

I'd like to see the game again.....as he is slideing around in the pocket....is he protecting the ball...seems like I remember it "out there".....I think that is how teams combated his ability to slide from pressure.......the coaches taught them to nick at the ball ...and quite a few dropped off the vine.

When Tony stood Brady-esque, teams stopped going for the strip as much, but figure teams like Pitts, Giants, Ravens to go back at that.