1A Agib Talib CB Kansas
1b Chris Johnson RB ECU
2 Frank Okam DT Texas
3 Tavares Gooden ILD Miami
4 Tony Hills OT Texas /Matt Forte RB Tulane/ Tashard Choice RB GT
5 Dantrell Savage RB OKSTU/ TOny HIlls OT Texas
6 Kirston Pittman DE LSU
7 Glenn Sharpe CB Miami

There's are my picks for our 2008 draft barring any trades i think it will shape up like this. Corner is to develop and then replace Anthony Henry. Frank Okam is for obvious reason Big NT could demand double teams will elevate our 3-4 defense to something special. Chris Johnson and MB3 nuff said. Tavares Gooden we'll Bobby the bust Carp isn't anything to special we have Kevin Burnett but it never hurts to have an extra LB and this guy is a ball hawk something we've been missing. Leonard Davis isn't an OT and Flozell is almost done I think we re-sign to 1 or 2 more year i;m not sure but we need something just incase. Dantrell Savage speedy RB replace Tyson Thompson. Kirston Pittman injured a lot in college hurt his draft potential Jerry likes guys like this. Glenn Sharpe young corner nice speed from the U.

I hope we bring in my friend Andre Callender from BCU and put him on the pratice squad or something.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I think you have both Okam and Hills rated a round too early. Okam could be there late in the 2nd if Dallas wants to add a DT, but I don't think they will. With Ratliff and Tank, I don't see Dallas adding another NT on the first day. They may draft one on the second day for depth, but they won't try to find a starter early in the draft. They also still have the option of keeping Ferguson, so I just can't see them making a play for a NT early in the draft. Same with the DE position, which Okam could probably play as well.

Tony Hills having to come back from injury is probably why he will be a 5th or 6th round pick. I don't know how far along he is in his rehab, but he may not be able to do much at the combine or pro day.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;1884896 said:
I think you have both Okam and Hills rated a round too early. Okam could be there late in the 2nd if Dallas wants to add a DT, but I don't think they will. With Ratliff and Tank, I don't see Dallas adding another NT on the first day. They may draft one on the second day for depth, but they won't try to find a starter early in the draft. They also still have the option of keeping Ferguson, so I just can't see them making a play for a NT early in the draft. Same with the DE position, which Okam could probably play as well.

Tony Hills having to come back from injury is probably why he will be a 5th or 6th round pick. I don't know how far along he is in his rehab, but he may not be able to do much at the combine or pro day.

Jerry isn't the one to shy away from a talented players just because of injuries during there college careers. Your right about Frank Okam switch him with the Chris Johnson pick to ensure we get him I think may be better. Tank has played pretty suspect IMO. Although I personally want ratliff to go back to his DE position because Spears isn't good enough I doubt it would happen but could you imagine how good our D would be if our NT required double teams. It would be impossible to run against us.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1885002 said:
Jerry isn't the one to shy away from a talented players just because of injuries during there college careers. Your right about Frank Okam switch him with the Chris Johnson pick to ensure we get him I think may be better. Tank has played pretty suspect IMO. Although I personally want ratliff to go back to his DE position because Spears isn't good enough I doubt it would happen but could you imagine how good our D would be if our NT required double teams. It would be impossible to run against us.

I think a whole off season to learn more about the position of NT will help Tank out quite a bit. I was not expecting much out of him this season with him being in jail, not being in training camp and learning a new position. Anything Dallas got from him this year is just gravy. Next year could be a different story.

Ratiliff at DE does sound nice and with Ferguson coming back Dallas may be able to make that switch. Add in Okam, too.

I don't think Jerry will shy away from Hills because of the injury, but that injury will drive his draft position down. He will be there in the 5th for Dallas if they want him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;1885088 said:
I think a whole off season to learn more about the position of NT will help Tank out quite a bit. I was not expecting much out of him this season with him being in jail, not being in training camp and learning a new position. Anything Dallas got from him this year is just gravy. Next year could be a different story.

Ratiliff at DE does sound nice and with Ferguson coming back Dallas may be able to make that switch. Add in Okam, too.

I don't think Jerry will shy away from Hills because of the injury, but that injury will drive his draft position down. He will be there in the 5th for Dallas if they want him.

that makes a lot of sense But if we go Hills in the 5th who would our potential 4th round pick be ? ugh i'll figure it out hmmmm I think find a replacement for TT is important. RB depth is a good thing look at TB Ernest grahm came from no where. TT replacement would have to be more than serviceable so i guess a day one pick on a RB wouldn't be bad

joseephuss

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1885143 said:
that makes a lot of sense But if we go Hills in the 5th who would our potential 4th round pick be ? ugh i'll figure it out hmmmm I think find a replacement for TT is important. RB depth is a good thing look at TB Ernest grahm came from no where. TT replacement would have to be more than serviceable so i guess a day one pick on a RB wouldn't be bad

That sounds good. Some good running backs have been found in the 4th round. Domanick Williams(Davis) was a 4th rounder and when healthy was good for the Texans. Darren Sproles is a good 3rd back/return man for the Chargers as a 4th rounder. And of course Marion Barber was taken in the 4th.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;1885161 said:
That sounds good. Some good running backs have been found in the 4th round. Domanick Williams(Davis) was a 4th rounder and when healthy was good for the Texans. Darren Sproles is a good 3rd back/return man for the Chargers as a 4th rounder. And of course Marion Barber was taken in the 4th.

If we don't get him in the 4th then RB's im looking at are Tashard Choice and Matt Forte.