Orlando Scandrick CB

Free Agents:
Kenny Vaccaro S
Justin Pugh G
Greg Robinson OL

Dallas trades up to 15 with AZ AZ gets Dallas' 2 RD4 comp picks

Round 1
Calvin Ridley WR Bama
Lines up opposite Dez and giving Dallas that vertical route runner they dont have. Stretching the field and opening up the intermediate.

Round 2
Martinas Rankin G Miss St
This kid can play all 5 spots on the OL. But his best spot will be in the interior. Let him battle it out with Pugh to start.

Round 3
Josey Jewell LB Iowa
Very smart LBer. Alot compare his football instincts and desire to learn the game to Sean Lee. Can learn from Lee and take over Mike when Lee's done and Smith moves to WILL.

Round 4
Deadrin Senat NT South Florida
Shorter than most would like but has decent arm length. Plays bigger and stronger than you would expect. holds up vs the run.

Round 5(comp)
Bo Scarbrough RB Bama
Big back who can come in a series or two a game and continue to pound a defense.

Round 5(comp)
Jaleel Scott WR New Mexico St
With time to develop he can turn into a nice starter opposite Ridley

Round 6
Mathew Thomas LB Florida State
Athletic and fast for his size. Depth at LB is a need and he would instantly be a hit on ST.

Round 7
Brandon Parker T North Carolina AT
Developmental type of player. Big and the type of player Dallas picks late in the draft.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Pugh, Robinson, and Rankin. That's a lot of resources for the O Line.

I like it (the whole plan) though. It makes us better.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
MY starters

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Ezekiel Elliot
FB: Keith Smith
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Calvin Ridley
TE: Jason Witten
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: Justin Pugh
C: Travis Frederick
RG: Zack Martin
RT: La'el Collins

LDE: Demarcus Lawrence
3Tech:David Irving
1Tech: Maliek Collins
RDE: Taco Charlton
SAM: Damien Wilson
MIKE: Jaylon Smith
WILL: Sean Lee
LCB: Chidobe Awuzie
RCB: Jourdan Lewis
FS: Byron Jones
SS: Kenny Vaccaro

Slot: Xavier Woods
K: Dan Bailey
P Chris Jones

Byron Jones goes back to FS but slides inside to cover TEs and Heath comes in to play FS in sub packages

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
what about it?

Pugh and Robinson arent breaking any banks. Vacarro shouldnt be too expensive. With a Dez and Frederick restructure Dallas can be close to 35mil in cap space. Add in Martins first yr on a extension will be about half of what his 5th yr option will be. And Lawrence will not be playing on a franchise tag this yr.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I doubt we pony up for Pugh and if we did I would instantly regret it once we drafted Rankins. But landing Ridley would be bigger than anything else I could like or dislike, so I'd consider the draft a win.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Pugh, Robinson, and Rankin. That's a lot of resources for the O Line.

I like it (the whole plan) though. It makes us better.

Thats what Dallas had in 2016. Alot of OL depth. Tyron was hurt Green came in, Collins went out, Leary stepped in.Fredrick even got hurt in a couple games and Looney stepped in. Its time to build that depth back up

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I doubt we pony up for Pugh and if we did I would instantly regret it once we drafted Rankins.
Pugh has had some injury seasons. He's not to get a big deal. he's missed 13 of the last 32 games the past 2 seasons. Depending on how he checks out i wouldnt mind them signing him. The thing is he's a proven commodity. Is Rankin? Gotta always have a backup plan.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Pugh has had some injury seasons. He's not to get a big deal. he's missed 13 of the last 32 games the past 2 seasons. Depending on how he checks out i wouldnt mind them signing him. The thing is he's a proven commodity. Is Rankin? Gotta always have a backup plan.

Well, we disagree on how much Pugh will cost, but that's fine. Greg Robinson *could* be intriguing, but his play in Detroit before getting hurt was frustrating. Think he gave up like 5 sacks in his 6 games, so even on a minimum deal, I'm not sure if he's anymore than a camp body at this point.

And now that I look at it, Arizona is *far* more likely to trade up for a QB than deal down for less than the value of their pick. #15 cost 1050, #19 cost 875 so the difference is 175 points. Those two 4th rounder picks are worth less than 50 points each, so that won't be the trade. Would cost all three 4th rounder picks *if* Arizona was looking to move down.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Well, we disagree on how much Pugh will cost, but that's fine. Greg Robinson *could* be intriguing, but his play in Detroit before getting hurt was frustrating. Think he gave up like 5 sacks in his 6 games, so even on a minimum deal, I'm not sure if he's anymore than a camp body at this point.

And now that I look at it, Arizona is *far* more likely to trade up for a QB than deal down for less than the value of their pick. #15 cost 1050, #19 cost 875 so the difference is 175 points. Those two 4th rounder picks are worth less than 50 points each, so that won't be the trade. Would cost all three 4th rounder picks *if* Arizona was looking to move down.

Thats a outdated trade chart as teams have adapted to a newer chart
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/mqa...uploads/chorus_asset/file/8422367/Capture.PNG

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Love depth. It's a great luxury, but not at the expense of upgrading some defensive weak spots.
At some point You have to allow the young depth you have on defense to play. If you go back thru the season you will see that the Dallas defense pretty much played 3 quarters of very good football. But the offenses inability to get things going ultimately started wearing the defense out. I wonder if people actually know that Dallas was the 8th ranked total defense in the nfl.And 13th in pts scored. All these young guys dallas has drafted are producing. Once Dallas removed the entitled on defense and started going with the young guns the defense came around. And just looking at the secondary last yr is proof.

What are these glaring weak spots?

ghst187

Reaction score
MY starters

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Ezekiel Elliot
FB: Keith Smith
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Calvin Ridley
TE: Jason Witten
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: Justin Pugh
C: Travis Frederick
RG: Zack Martin
RT: La'el Collins

LDE: Demarcus Lawrence
3Tech:David Irving
1Tech: Maliek Collins
RDE: Taco Charlton
SAM: Damien Wilson
MIKE: Jaylon Smith
WILL: Sean Lee
LCB: Chidobe Awuzie
RCB: Jourdan Lewis
FS: Byron Jones
SS: Kenny Vaccaro

Slot: Xavier Woods
K: Dan Bailey
P Chris Jones

Byron Jones goes back to FS but slides inside to cover TEs and Heath comes in to play FS in sub packages

So we go get out and get OL Robinson but then not play him? Seems like a waste.
Could live with the rest of it all though.