My mock Version 2.0

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
With the recent jockeying of postion by the Broncos who are also looking for a pass rusher sometime the first day, my "new" mock will hopefully justify these trades I'm projecting. ;) :D

#10. There has been a trade. The Arizona Cardinals send the #10, #107 and the #218 pick to Dallas for the #18, #49 and a future conditional 5th round pick in 2007. With the pick the Cowboys select Winston Justice OT from USC. We get our man. With guys like Coleman, Davis and Beriault at FS, plus anymore FA adds or later picks we dont head in that direction. With players like Huff gone at #9 to Detroit and Lawson gone to the Rams at #6 after trading up, We dont chase after the BIG difference makers on Defense. Only time will tell if this pays off, and it will IMO.

After awhile it seems as though the Cowboys have killed themselves with players like Sincorice Moss, Chris Gocong and Max Jean-Gilles still on the board at their old #49 pick. But they have been on the phone after a guy they really like.
So at #55 the Cowboys send the Bengals their #80 pick along with pick #107 they got from Arizona and a future 6th for that #55, #193 and #231.
With the #55 pick the Cowboys select Ko Simpson S South Carolina. Simpson provides youth at a postion that needs a true player there.

#150. Stanley McClover OLB/DE Pretty much a need pick who is good value.
#182. Steve Fifita DT Utah Future starting NT. Pretty short, but that isnt a bad thing.
#193. Marcus Maxey CB/FS Miami Solid CB, athletic and a freak, must put it all together.
#218. Miles Austin WR Monmouth Small-school WR in the Crayton mold, but bigger and faster.
#224. Robin Meadow OG Washington Future starter. A nasty, mean hard working Olineman-the way BP likes 'em.
#231. Chris Hannon WR Tennesee Another Crayton type, but from a big school.

I really do think Justice is who we are gunning for. Getting Justice and Simpson along with some young guys with potential seem to be more important for down the road.

dmoore

Reaction score
I don't think we're moving. At least I hope not. If we move up to 10, I'm sure there would be better guys available than Justice IMO.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't give up that to get Justice if I'm Parcells'. If it's Ngata or Huff, that's a different story, but Justice could fall, and if not, we still have a few good men (no pun intended) in the second round.

Not to mention, Fabini is playing RT as for now with occasional help here and there, but for the most part, we can survive if we have too.

But we can put a foot on teams throat if we focus on defense, and most notably the linebacking core. We didn't have a ton of problems scoring on offense, and atleast being in position to kick field goals (thank goodness for Vanderjagt) but we moved the ball.. And we moved it less with Flozell out, but we still moved it.

But with a bad$$$ defense, we will have a ton of opportunities to score.